This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey v0.10.0

Comments

• @BasVanDenBosch  Dutch internal speech commands don't  work here ,didn't  try english
  • @BasVanDenBosch  internal English commands do work
  • edited September 2016
     So media is disabled for the next 3 weeks, just got my digitally imported music app working  :/
  • @Erwin1 ; You could contact Athom.... Otoh: that's why it's called experimental...
    @phb and @backslash : you mean speech-commands? Dutch seems to be broken but English works...
    @Geurtdijker and @Priknr1 ;: For the ones missing apps: try rebooting a couple of times and give it some time in between
    For the ones missing KaKu: pull the plug for a couple of minutes. Receiving KaKu seems to be broken for now but sending should work...

I did, ptp yesterday evening several times, waited several minutes till 12h still no change. Installedo one app kaku from apps store, seen it installed as only app on settings.  Still missing  updates and system settings.... kaku app disappeared after PTP again.

• Like other ppl said, friday is not a good day to pullout the firmware because for 2 days we dont get any reply and no fix, sorry pal , enjoy your weekend :smile: 
  • If I add a 433mhz switch in the action app, and say it should be a Light it just comes up as a switch. When I say: OK homey turn on the lights.. it says: cant find lights to turn on.
  • Damn IR doesn't work either: When I try it, it gets an error with saying "too_many_devices"

• Sommo said:
    Like other ppl said, friday is not a good day to pullout the firmware because for 2 days we dont get any reply and no fix, sorry pal , enjoy your weekend :smile: 
    It's never good to push too many changes at once... For people with disappearing apps it's really hard to pinpoint the cause...
  • Trustme2 said:
    Damn IR doesn't work either: When I try it, it gets an error with saying "too_many_devices"

https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/878

• LG is excluded from IR i guess must be a brand with at least 3 characters 

No i thought so too but it's LG Group (https://www.google.nl/?gws_rd=ssl#q=LG)
  • Trustme2 said:
    Damn IR doesn't work either: When I try it, it gets an error with saying "too_many_devices"

Did u also try IR with just 1 device?
  • Hi,
    I realize problems with the presence function. When I try to enter a user name, I get an error.

• uba711 said:
    Hi,
    I realize problems with the presence function. When I try to enter a user name, I get an error.

Just tested here and no problem,  strange update. Some works and some don't ( fibaro style)  
  • Hi, some improvements to make : 

After restart (10 sec upsidedown) no wifi connection possible for setup.athom.com, after reboot al excisting things still available.
    IR : adding a samsung device and then selecting the buttons i will use : selected buttons are removed from the list instead of creating a (small) list of neccesary buttons when building a flow.
    Marantz app : can not be used in the flow, when added in the flow its not possible to select a function, list is missing.
    Alecto : doorbel can be added but when creating a flow the button is not in the list of available devices.

• Like others: All apps gone, flows still there. But the settings page only has apps, microfoon, spraak and taal. So I guess I have to wipe the thing, as PTP does not resolve the issue.
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited September 2016
    My Homey updated overnight. I checked the forum to see and read what others are experiencing. Brought shiffers down my spine....

I checked my  setup and all seems well! My KaKu's are working, Hue seems fine, Lifx works, z-wave seems oke. I became brave and enabled the Greenwave App again (if enabled it would choke my z-wave setup)....guess what.....it is working!

So, I am happy with this update 
  • A333A333 Member
    edited September 2016
    After the 0.10.0 update, seems that this timeframe is now reverse.. just ticked the box as a solution for now.

Also presence function fails, same as uba711 said:
    Hi,

• Eternity said:
    My Homey updated overnight. I checked the forum to see and read what others are experiencing. Brought shiffers down my spine....

I checked my  setup and all seems well! My KaKu's are working, Hue seems fine, Lifx works, z-wave seems oke. I became brave and enabled the Greenwave App again (if enabled it would choke my z-wave setup)....guess what.....it is working!

To  @all.
    I must honestly say,   i do not dare at this moment to updat.  
    BUT, reading this experiance....
    Q;  is it not so, that everyone who has updatet, not waited long enough for homey   to finish updating things.
    I can imangen that homey looks like ready, but in the meantime still working.   (dingen aan het verwerken)
    In older updates i also let homey in rest  overnight, an d had little trouble....
  • Like others: All apps gone, flows still there. But the settings page only has apps, microfoon, spraak and taal. So I guess I have to wipe the thing, as PTP does not resolve the issue.
    I have created a GitHib issue for this: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/890 . I hope Athom will come up with a proper solution.
  • Eternity said:

Same here, I never forced an update before and had almost no issues. After reading your post I was curious if my Homey had updated, and yes it was. Then tested all my devices and flows and everything is working like a charm. (Fibaro, Hue, Nest, Kodi, Soundcloud, Woonveilig, Synology Surveillance Station, and speech). Did not test IR yet but will try it soon.
  • I updated today weatherunderground, problem they updated over 20mins and its not finished and i wait wait wait. Has anybody same problem?
  • I updaed my home at night, so I waited long enough for this update. now my Homey doesn't understand dutch, time (I created a flow, it's triggering when time is less than 22:00 hours. And in the same flow there's logica, now Homey says 5 isn't a number. 
  • Sommo said:
    Like other ppl said, friday is not a good day to pullout the firmware because for 2 days we dont get any reply and no fix, sorry pal , enjoy your weekend :smile: 
    It's a choice, you know how many problems are solved by letting the user look at it again or let their peers help them? It filters out the real issues for monday.
  • PeaoPeao Member
    edited September 2016
    IFTTT is not working for me since I've updated Homey.

Issue: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/891
  • Peao said:
    IFTTT is not working for me since I've updated Homey.
    Here the same. IFTTT app doesn't react anymore.
  • SandemanSandeman Member
    edited September 2016
    It's time that there is a possibility to make an Image/Backup of your homey so that you can restore complete homey or only apps/devices/flows etc. For some people the upgrade was good. But for me I have less working then before. Hopefully this can be fixed quickly...

I totally agree with the need for a back-up/image functionality, it is to much work to get all the flows working right and also get al the devices paired again after they lost connection, especially the Fibaro and Qubino devices which are build into the wall switches.

2 weeks ago my vera has died (a bit to early) because of bad memory, so i''m now fully dependable on my homey.
    The Vera had a very good feature it could backup the flows and apps but also backup the zwave (tree) device connections so it was possible to total reset the device without starting all over again.

for this reason i disabled automatic update and wait for an update with a good review.
  • Unfortunately, this Homey update killed the Plex App. I'm getting bombarded with Crash reports by email (I'm the developer). I kills the app with such a generic error on such a silly line of code, I don't even know where to start..

I'd say (also reading back this thread): ROLLBACK PLEASE!
  • When I read all those broken stuff, here and in other treads, then I am afraid that my Homey will be stay in the box till next year. :'(

So be it. <3
  • MikeOne said:
    Unfortunately, this Homey update killed the Plex App. I'm getting bombarded with Crash reports by email (I'm the developer). I kills the app with such a generic error on such a silly line of code, I don't even know where to start..

I'd say (also reading back this thread): ROLLBACK PLEASE!
    @Emile @Annemarie ;Maybe it's an idea to give developers of big apps like Plex, Kodi, better logic etc. A week with the new update to see if it is compatible and fix large bugs. 

And please please please Athom, fix 0.10 quickly(<1 week, and please no radiosilence) or make a Rollback happen like Mikeone said. My (and many other) homey's are crippled and are really expensive paperweights with led lights. 

P.S. I still appreciate you guys, i'm just venting ;)
This discussion has been closed.