This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP] Visonic PowerMax App (1.1.1)

Comments

• @Annemarie No rush - my Homey is offline. Though that also means I cannot help testing & developing anymore. I know people work hard, but Athom now really needs to grow up fast and get priorities straight. You still have quite a few testers and developers active in the community. Make sure you keep them as you will really need them to make sure Homey becomes more than 'promising'.
     <3
    (or like @Emile says)

• RamonBaas said:
    @Annemarie No rush - my Homey is offline. Though that also means I cannot help testing & developing anymore. I know people work hard, but Athom now really needs to grow up fast and get priorities straight. You still have quite a few testers and developers active in the community. Make sure you keep them as you will really need them to make sure Homey becomes more than 'promising'.
     <3
    (or like @Emile says)

Thanks for the feedback. We see what you are saying and we're working on that, and on some other stuf too. We'll be in touch on monday! 
  • As the z-wave of my Homey is broken and Athom support makes no effort to fix this,

From @Annemarie 's post I don't see a "makes no effort"... What's the problem with your Z-wave? And what steps did you already try?
  • @BasVanDenBosch Thanks for trying to help. We already went through the details on Slack last week, remember? Anyway, it is not about my specific problem (of course it is annoying, especially if you have devices connected and want to make a z-wave app). I believe you should support a community like they support you. But that is a discussion Athom needs to have internally. So let's close it here for now. @Emile can always call me. I'm still a backer  <3.
  • Such a pity.... :'(
  • @Annemarie @RamonBaas @Emile ;
    Any update on this, did you guys get in touch and worked it out last Monday?

Would like to understand if we need to live with the fact that this app is dead?

Appreciate some feedback.
    Thank you.

Jeroen
  • @Jeroenvano We did not get in touch. I did see an update of the support case by Emile with a suggested fix. Need to find time to try that out, but that was only regarding my specific z-wave issue. So less important.
  • Thanks for the feedback @RamonBaas guess time will tell if this app has a future being supported on Homey ...
  • Hi Ramon,

Homey seems up and running again and lot's of things are now stable (apart from text input in the last update, but I expect that is fixed easily). Can you enable the visonic app again? It worked for me and I bought again a powermax alarm, just because of this app.

Many thanks,
    Johan
  • Justjomi said:
    Hi Ramon,

Homey seems up and running again and lot's of things are now stable (apart from text input in the last update, but I expect that is fixed easily). Can you enable the visonic app again? It worked for me and I bought again a powermax alarm, just because of this app.

Many thanks,
    Johan
    Me too
  • @Justjomi @luccie_007 You can still install and use the app via the CLI. Requests for the app to be available via the Athom app store should be directed at info@athom.com.
  • Anyone tested it with the latest homey firmware?

Before i start hastling with the CLI would be nice to know it still works due to the api changes.
  • @luccie_007 It still works, I still have it running myself  B).
  • Can someone please  post a step by step instruction how to install it via Cli on Homey? The power max app worked great!
  • If U still use it yourself, why not publish it again?
    If its not for Athom, then do it for the users :)
  • @RamonBaas, I forgot to add: Github/CLI install on a Mac. I have nothing from windows anymore.
  • @RamonBaas ; I managed to install all mac tools, login to my Homey and install Powermax. I could see the app in the Homey app list. Then had to reboot and the app was gone (I did use install in stead of run) and they reinstalled. It showed this https://github.com/nodejs/node/issues/9346. Would it be possible to solve the call-back issue? Thanks for looking into it again. Homey starts to become really stable, so using Powermax is high on my wishlist :-).
  • @Justjomi Where do you get this error? In the console? That doesn't look like an app issue. Otherwise PM me and we can try to sort it out.
  • @RamonBaas will this app become available again in the app store for everyone to use or will it only be available for developers to install locally? 
  • @Jeroenvano Everybody can install it locally, not just developers  B)
  • Once rebooting the app shows just normal, must have been a glitch in 'the matrix'. 
  • RamonBaas said:
    @Jeroenvano Everybody can install it locally, not just developers  B)
    I don't agree as the app is not maintained with updates, etc. No maintenance is just waiting for the app to become incompatible or not working correctly.
  • Why would you say it is not maintained? The version on github is newer than what has been in the app store.
  • RamonBaas said:
    Why would you say it is not maintained? The version on github is newer than what has been in the app store.
    So WHY are you not publishing the app if you are able to maintain it?

When you took the app offline this was the reason you mentioned as your Homey was broken disabling you to maintain the app?
  • Well, he doesn't have to publish it to the store if he doesn't want to.
  • Managed to install the app locally.

I was not aware that the app was maintained and evolved with new features since I last used before it was removed from the app store.

The comments in this forum gave me the impression that this app was dead as @RamonBaas was not able to maintain it due to issues with his Homey. 

So it was a nice surprise when I installed the v1.0.0 version. I really like the new features in the main Powermax card showing current alarm arm status and the ability to arm the alarm by pushing the buttons. Also to be able to change settings that normally only can be done on the panel using the installation mode. 

Have to explore a little more as I am certain I have not discovered all new adjustments and features. 

Kudos for @RamonBaas as it shows you are an advanced app developer. 

Still I think it is a shame that this app is not general available in the app store.
  • @Jeroenvano Glad you like it!
  • Ramon,

Thanks for you good work. I just installed my Powermax+ alarm today. I have bought the official RS232 interface and I am using now a Raspberry Pi with ser2net. I want to replace this by a USR-TCP232-T serial to ethernet converter.

If anyone is interested, I have reverse-engineered the serial pin out of the Powermax+. This is different from the Powermax Pro panel. 

Everything works perfect, I can fully control and view the alarm and all its sensors from Homey.

I am building an ESP8266 with RFID and touchscreen panel to arm my house whenever i leave or go to bed. This panel is also communicating (http) with Homey.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Gr. Remco
  • @RemcoHannink Good to hear that is works! With google you can already find the TTL pinout of the PowerMax+ (1 Tx, 3 Rx, 5 Gnd). Is there a Vcc as well that you can use from the alarm?