This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP] Visonic PowerMax App (1.1.1)

Comments

• Version 0.3.0 is now available in the app store.
  • OskarOskar Member
    I hope someone can help me.
    I have a powermax+ (this is not the pro) and want to connect it with Homey. The back of the powermax seems to only support a single ethernet, not dual. In some of the posts above reference is made to either a USR-TCP232-T or a USR-TCP232-200. I do not understand the difference, but more over I do still do not understand how I can connect one of the 2 to my powermax+..
    Before I order parts, it would be really nice if someone has a step by step description on what I should be buying (+ any specialcables or plugs?) and how I connect it to my powermax+.
  • Please send an email to homey.powermax _at_ gmail.com and I'll help you out.
  • Hey all

I got myself a USR-TCP232-T and was looking for some help to find the connection pin layaout to connect to the Powermax Pro. Some people got me in the right direction but as a Noob on this I want to be sure I have it correct.

So far I came to this:

USR-TCP232-T GND PIN -> Powermax Pro GND PIN Upper row 2nd from left
    USR-TCP232-T RXD PIN -> Powermax Pro TX  PIN Upper row 3rd from left
    USR-TCP232-T TXD PIN -> Powermax Pro RX  PIN Upper row 4rd from left
    USR-TCP232-T VCC (3.3V) PIN -> Powermax Pro PIN Under row 2nd from left

Can someone help out and confirm if I've got this right before I blow up my panel?  ;)

Thanks!
  • Use this: 

So connect to VDD (5V) of the USR-TCP232-T and not the VCC(3.3V) as the supply voltage of the PowerMax is higher.
  • Thanks @RamonBaas I was able to add my panel to Homey :) 

The only thing is I am not able to add the Sensors, etc. 
    When I click for adding a new sensor I get the screen "Volg de instructies" but it stays blank ?
    Any idea what this could be?

BTW during panel registration all sensors where identified.

Regards,
    Jeroen

• Yes, that happens when the html page loading take too long. Will need to fix this in the app sometime as Athom will not solve it globally.
  • Hi I have been playing around with some flows. But it seems to me that the movement sensors do not report movement when the alarm is deactivated.  Not sure if my flows are right or someone has a different experience?

Would also be nice if we could see alarm status Away/Partial/Off in the app, might be nice to activate on the Panel and show in the app? @RamonBaas ;

Everything else works like a charm - Kuddos for this app ;)
  • But it seems to me that the movement sensors do not report movement when the alarm is deactivated.  
    Do you have a PowerMaster model? If so, this is normal.
  • No have Powermax Pro, found the problem looks like push messages are not working somehow on my phone.
    Sensors do work now, currently playing around with the countdown timer :)

Thanks anyway :)
  • JeroenvanoJeroenvano Member
    edited July 2016
    After a Homey reboot all sensors give "alarm_contact:undivined"

Any idea what is causing this? 
  • After a Homey reboot all sensors give "alarm_contact:undivined"

When the state of the sensor is not (yet) known, it has value 'undefined'. See https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/636. Around the time you posted this I also received an app crash report - so did your app crash (exclamation mark symbol in front of the app)?
    edited July 2016
    RamonBaas said:
    After a Homey reboot all sensors give "alarm_contact:undivined"

When the state of the sensor is not (yet) known, it has value 'undefined'. See https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/636. Around the time you posted this I also received an app crash report - so did your app crash (exclamation mark symbol in front of the app)?
    Yes it did. Had to reboot homey again. Same problem. Disable the app and re enable got it stable again. But I had to simulate adding a new sensor where you get the message no new devices found to get all added devices working again. 
  • @RamonBaas ;

Had to reboot again today as zwave became unstable. After reboot the powermax app did not start wel as all devices showalarm_contact:undivined. 

Gave it some time but after 30min no changes. Last time I could by simulating adding new devices get the app to work again. This time the procedure tells me I have to add a panel first. So it seems the panel is not recognised after a reboot. Decided to disable and re-enable the app, this led to another crash. Still no improvement and no connections with the panel.  I'm unable to restore the app to a working state.

Since last week's reboot and app recovery the powermax app worked very stable, so I am sure this is more a starting issue that is causing the problem. Will try again later tonight to recover the app. If successful I will report back.

• @Jeroenvano: When adding the panel, does it show the serial number of the panel correctly?

Otherwise contact me on homey.powermax _at_ gmail.com and we'll setup a debug session.
    edited July 2016
    RamonBaas said:
    @Jeroenvano: When adding the panel, does it show the serial number of the panel correctly?

Otherwise contact me on homey.powermax _at_ gmail.com and we'll setup a debug session.
    So I removed the panel and started registration. Serial is showing correctly but getting the panel info takes forever.

I will drop you an email
  • Hey all

I got myself a USR-TCP232-T and was looking for some help to find the connection pin layaout to connect to the Powermax Pro. Some people got me in the right direction but as a Noob on this I want to be sure I have it correct.

So far I came to this:

USR-TCP232-T GND PIN -> Powermax Pro GND PIN Upper row 2nd from left
    USR-TCP232-T RXD PIN -> Powermax Pro TX  PIN Upper row 3rd from left
    USR-TCP232-T TXD PIN -> Powermax Pro RX  PIN Upper row 4rd from left
    USR-TCP232-T VCC (3.3V) PIN -> Powermax Pro PIN Under row 2nd from left

Can someone help out and confirm if I've got this right before I blow up my panel?  ;)

Thanks!
    Hi everybody. I might be a bigger noob than you and all of them you ever met/noticed but today I have dicovered that I might also have the powemax pro from the Nuon beveiliging (now Feenstra beveiliging). Now I was already a long time curious about homey. don't own it yet but considering it to order it still this week(before the 18.07). I also ordered the the USR-TCP232-T from elektor.nl.

But could somebody post some more pictures and maybe a step by step walkthrough of how to connect it and which/what material/cables you use etc. and where to get ? I must say a never had any experience in soldering or a steady hand for it. any cable available to stick/hook them on the pins instead of soldering?

Please help !!

Thank you.

[so pictures/photos from every angle and detail would also help a lot !!]
  • There are no default available cables. You'll need an IDC connector, flat cable and some dupont connectors. You can find it all on Aliexpress.
  • mistercagemistercage Member
    edited July 2016
    @Jeroenvano , could you share with us how you connected your USR TCP232T ?
    Pictures would help me a lot.
    Can't seem to find my panel as it doesn't get an IP address.
    I have jumper cables female-female, a USR TCP232T and connected it via the scheme mentioned above...
  • @Jeroenvano , could you share with us how you connected your USR TCP232T ?
    Pictures would help me a lot.
    Can't seem to find my panel as it doesn't get an IP address.
    I have jumper cables female-female, a USR TCP232T and connected it via the scheme mentioned above...
    You need to set an IP address on the USR TCP232T, have you done that?
  • Version 1.0.0 has been submitted for approval. See first post for more details.
  • RamonBaas said:
    Version 1.0.0 has been submitted for approval. See first post for more details.
    Great, looking forward to it ;)
  • BE AWARE - THE VISIONIC APP WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE ATHOM APP STORE SOON

As the z-wave of my Homey is broken and Athom support makes no effort to fix this, I've decided to take my Homey offline. It is useless in this state, also seen the slow progress of the core development in general.

With Homey offline I also cannot support my apps and have decided to remove these from the store.

For now the code is still available on GitHub (without support), so you could do a local install of it.
  • RamonBaas said:
    BE AWARE - THE VISIONIC APP WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE ATHOM APP STORE SOON

As the z-wave of my Homey is broken and Athom support makes no effort to fix this, I've decided to take my Homey offline. It is useless in this state, also seen the slow progress of the core development in general.

With Homey offline I also cannot support my apps and have decided to remove these from the store.

For now the code is still available on GitHub (without support), so you could do a local install of it.
    Sorry to hear this, but I understand your decission. I don't hope to many developers will follow your action, otherwise Homey becomes useless.
  • Outch.....  :s  

No support from @Athom ?
  • Athom does not have a support team. It is all the same people (Emile++) and their priority is on 0.10.0 apparently.
  • RamonBaas said:
    Athom does not have a support team. It is all the same people (Emile++) and their priority is on 0.10.0 apparently.
    Understand your position but can also understand the focus from Athom to set priority on 0.10.0. 

Hopefully you will get your support soon when it is released as this app was one of my main drivers to go for Homey.

Without it Homey still has a value for me but significantly lower as I am unable to read out all door, window and motion sensors. 

Is it known how many users downloaded and use this app?
  • I believe there were ~18 installs. Same for the OTG. Can't see that anymore  :/.
    edited September 2016
    RamonBaas said:
    I believe there were ~18 installs. Same for the OTG. Can't see that anymore  .
    For a Security app that is not a bad start.

We will see what will happen. It is a crucial time for Athom that's for sure.
  • @RamonBaas I'm really sorry to hear this because we try to help you, but you're right our support is not state of the art at the moment. Like I said in my mail from 2 days ago the guys who can help you with your problem are really busy at the moment and will look at your situation on Monday. Although I see that's not soon enough for you we try to do the best we can.