This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

[App] Fibaro by Athom (v1.5.18)

Comments

• Eternity said:

Is this a bug or the way the App works at the moment?
    Both  :p

Only change the first relay.  This is the 'main' relay and the settings are automatic for both nodes.
    I had the same problem, @caseda helped me with this too :)
  • Anybody knows how you can use the triggers from the Fibaro RGBW controller.

• My Motion Sensor didnt work only @night, i have set parameter 8,2,1; what do i wrong? The sensor works every time. 
  • You can't set parameter 8 with two bytes, you need one. Try 8,1,2 -> parameter 8, 1 byte, set to value 2...
    Also you might want to change parameter 9 (but you need to look at your insights first to determine which value to use).
  • Oh damn, thanks @BasVanDenBosch i have changed 2 and 1 thanks 
  • Erwin75 said:
    Anybody knows how you can use the triggers from the Fibaro RGBW controller.

@Erwin75 This has to be an app-development by for example by @caseda . At the moment you can only control RGBW as a RGB light.

Myself would like to see four separate switches since I use the RGBW-controller to control 3 different warm-white led strips.
  • kastelemankasteleman Member
    edited September 2016
    @Erwin75: Are you looking for a specific trigger? Drag the RGBW device within a new flow to the if column and have a look at the option you have.
    @mauriceb: You can even use the rgbw for sensors (o-10V) icw led, but that isn't supported (yet?) in the current driver as far as i know

• Both  :p

Only change the first relay.  This is the 'main' relay and the settings are automatic for both nodes.
    I had the same problem, @caseda helped me with this too :)
    That is clear now. Thanks!
  • HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited September 2016
    caseda said:
    @HansieNL ;;;
    this is not a thing of the fibaro app, this is because the z-wave chip is busy with your other z-wave devices.
    Follow these steps: (don't change the order, every step i give helps a different "plug" in the z-wave core)

1: wait until it gives a reponce again (can take a while, depending on the amount and type of devices you already have)
    you can see if it should respond again from the buttons (grayed out when busy) in the Z-Wave settings (settings -> Z-Wave).
    if the buttons are not grayed out, try to include it and let the add popup go until it times out, if it times out, go to next step.
    If it takes longer then 30 minutes go to next step as well.

2: restart from the settings menu (settings -> system -> [reboot homey], so not pull the plug)
    and then wait a while until it responses again.

3: If the buttons are not grayed out after a reboot but it still gives the "Wait until z-wave is ready..." message,
    wait a few seconds (until timeout) in that screen.

4: If it still times out you will need the plug longer then 2 minutes, up to 30 minutes.
    I followed you steps, but I still get "Wacht tot z-wave klaar is". The z-wave buttons are still greyed out.
    I have no other z-wave items connected to Homey. I got a Eneco Toon with 1 Wall Plug connected.
    Any other suggestion to get it up and running?
  • @HansieNL ;
    If you don't have any z-wave devices connected, then it's probably an error thanks to an homey/zwave core update, should fix itself when you fully reset the zwave chip. 
  • caseda said:
    @HansieNL ;
    If you don't have any z-wave devices connected, then it's probably an error thanks to an homey/zwave core update, should fix itself when you fully reset the zwave chip. 
    You mean on Homey. The option "Reset the z-wave network" is greyed out??? How do I reset this bastard chip?
  • @HansieNL ;
    Dammit, I thought that that would have been the only button that was still available.

Then I'm all out of solutions except for a complete homey reset.. (you could try a reset with keeping all data, but most of the time that is not enough/the solution) 
    You could try to ask athom via support@athom.com if they have another idea without having to reset.

I can't help you any further unfortunately. 
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited September 2016
    @HansieNL
    Just though of one last new thing you can try, disable/delete all apps that are z-wave related and see if the buttons are/stay still disabled
  • caseda said:
    @HansieNL
    Just though of one last new thing you can try, disable/delete all apps that are z-wave related and see if the buttons are/stay still disabled
    Or maybe try disabling several apps (not just z-wave) so there are less than 10 active. 
    Jeroen asked us to do that when having z-wave problems and it did solve the problem for me. 
  • @kasteleman ;
    The RGBW controller has options to manual switch....
    This switch trigger is not available in the flow 
  • If a driver gets updated with new stuff like other images for the devices and such (not command classes), does this update the existing devices or do they have to be removed/paired again?  
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2016
    Fire69 said:
    If a driver gets updated with new stuff like other images for the devices and such (not command classes), does this update the existing devices or do they have to be removed/paired again?  
    No re-pairing needed (for images and I believe the path to the image need to be the same).
  • Removed/paired is NOT needed.
  • Fire69 said:
    caseda said:
    @HansieNL
    Or maybe try disabling several apps (not just z-wave) so there are less than 10 active. 
    Jeroen asked us to do that when having z-wave problems and it did solve the problem for me. 
    Disabled all apps except Fibaro, rebooted, no result. :'(  Pulled power for more than half an hour, started Homey again with just the Fibaro app activated, no result either.  :'(
    I hope an update tomorrow gives more result.
  • MarcoF said:
    Fire69 said:
    If a driver gets updated with new stuff like other images for the devices and such (not command classes), does this update the existing devices or do they have to be removed/paired again?  
    No re-pairing needed (for images and I believe the path to the image need to be the same).
    That's good to know :)

I was asking because I'm hoping that in the future the images will be updated (talked about this before already) for some devices.
    Now that I think of it, the image for the roller shutters has already changed, first it was a Fibaro logo, now it's an image of the module.
    I hope that this can be updated to an image of a roller shutter, and maybe even differentiate between open/inbetween/closed?
    Same for the Dimmer, not very useful to have an image of the module :)

Wish I could help with it, but I'm completely clueless about stuff like that (even where to get the correct images/create them)  :(
  • Images I got from Google, online converted to SVG.
    Programming is just investing a whole lot of time and determination and start with simple stuff on node is and not anything on Homey.
    There are online tutorials for this.
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited September 2016
    Perhaps not Fibaro but more z-wave related; my double relay switches (222's) no longer work....

I can use the wall switch no operate it, but the web interface doesn't do anything. Also, 222's in a flow don't work either. I have PTP, killed and re-started the Fibaro App.... nothing.

And, the exact issues I have with my Greenwave Powernodes. The will not be controlled trhru a smart device or flow.

Mu Aeotec sensors all work correcly. So, z-wave is running..
    Getting pretty annoyed...

UPDATE
    If I disable the Greenwave App and re-boot, my Fibaro relay's work again.
    I will corss post this issue in the z-wave discussion.
  • Images I got from Google, online converted to SVG.
    Programming is just investing a whole lot of time and determination and start with simple stuff on node is and not anything on Homey.
    There are online tutorials for this.
    I have an education in IT, but that was 20 years ago, the programming languages I learned were Cobol and DBase  :p
    I started some courses on Codecademy, but my brain refuses to absorb the material :/

I would really like the app (or Homey natively?) to have something like this for the roller shutter:

Because now it's an image of the module, which is kind of useless and make it hard to find between other devices.
  • Sweet!

My Imperihome App uses similar dynamic icons for shutters.

• I'm trying to chage settings on my fibaro motion sensor (turning the led off with motion). in the app I can make all the settings I need, but they seem to not be tken by the sensor. According the manual I need the device to wake up and then it takes the settings from Homey. I'v tried tripple clicking the button, waiting for over a day (for the the wakeup timer to pass); just nothing seems to work. Is there another action, or order of actions, needed to get the settings aross the Fibaro sensor?
  • @Oskar, try to send the raw values with "parameter, bytes, value" and then wake-up. There's a known bug in setting the values with the pickers (although, I thought it was only with the initial setup).
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2016
    @Oskar, try to send the raw values with "parameter, bytes, value" and then wake-up. There's a known bug in setting the values with the pickers (although, I thought it was only with the initial setup).

There isn't an bug in the picker or settings part. There's a bug in the code if(!) the app developer uses the parser to save the settings. As far as I know/seen isn't @caseda using the parser(anymore) and so the bug isn't there. I think most zwave apps already ditched the parser and so the issue should be gone. Only in very very(!) special situations the parser can be needed, but a developer should be able to prevent that and then the parser is also not needed. 

Short story short:
    The parser is a Bitch,  she isn't needed,  in most cases already dumped and therefore there isn't a issue. 

Edit:
    Looks like the fgs-222 driver is using the parser. So there could be a issue. 
  • Trying to pair my Fibaro Double Switch (FGS-223), it's stuck at "Setting app-specific association groups...". Removed the switch a couple of times and tried re-adding. No luck..
  • You're correct (of course) but is this also the case with initial settings after pairing? Also, I presume @Oskar is talking about the FMGS-001? That one works for me without problems since 0.9.3 came out...

• @MarcoF ;
    the parsers for the number parameters is the one that is not needed, it is now dealt with inside the z-wave capability core

The parsers for the checkbox are most of the time still needed cause the build in parser is doing it the wrong way around (checked = false, unchecked = true, and should be the other way around).

the picker does not use any parsers (and has never done this), it just transmits the value to the module.

@Oskar
    what version of the motion sensor do you have, the z-wave plus or the normal z-wave version.
    what version of homey and the app are you on.

Have you changed the settings, pressed save, and then woke up the device? (triple click b-button or wait at max 2 hours, the default wake-up)

The normal version is working for me all the time when using the led color.
This discussion has been closed.