This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Insights sneak preview

EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

Just finished this today :-)

Comments

• Looks promising!

• Ha! Historical trending, fantastic

• Great, one of the things I will regularly use!

• What exactly does this graph show? Energy consumption?

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    edited September 2015

This specific screenshot is just random generated data for me to test. In reality, Homey can log anything, like energy sensor data, movement sensors, when someone's home etc.

• mbalik79mbalik79 Member
    edited September 2015

Emile said:
    This specific screenshot is just random generated data for me to test. In reality, Homey can log anything, like energy sensor data, movement sensors, when someone's home etc.

Nice!

• Is it possible to compare data and filter on time (day, month, year, overall)?

MarcoF said:
    Is it possible to compare data and filter on time (day, month, year, overall)?

Yes, you can draw multiple logs in one graph for easy comparision. Filtering on time is also possible.

• Just one question.Did you tink about summer and wintertime? I had a homewizard before and sensor data was always trouble 2 times a year. The switch from summer to winter time and winter to summer time.

summer to winter: the data from the hour before will be overwritten with the data from the hour after the time has changed.
    This can %($%^ up your power measurements since you miss data from 1 hour and still calculate with 24 hours (25 hours of data?).

winter to summer: There will be a gap in the measurements. in this hour no data is received (you skipped the hour). In the calculations you have 1 hour of zero usage.

This will be present in all the average data.

@JeroenKleijn the timezone is saved with each data point, so in theory this can't go wrong. Good point though :-)

• Emile, I appreciate this functionality. I used it almost daily with the Vera3 and DataMine and really missed it after the migration to UI7.
    Is there a limit in respect of datapoints and memory?
    Is it possible to send the datapoints to a NAS in the background?

There's approx. 1GB of user space available, and data doesn't take so much.. ;-)

There's an 'export to csv' feature, which is just a static url, so you could write a script that exports it at an interval :-)

• Will we be able to use symlinks to make use of external storage such as a NAS. Or even make mountpoints on the homey?

fuzzybear said:
    Will we be able to use symlinks to make use of external storage such as a NAS. Or even make mountpoints on the homey?

Nope. You can, of course, connect a whatever storage device you'd like from within an app. But the Homey file system is not accessible for security & privacy reasons.

• JaapPeltJaapPelt Member
    edited September 2015

Hi Emile, The graphs look really good!

Creating graphs with various sensor data is very nice to have. Having a graphs which shows the gas consumption combines with the outdoor temperature or the energy consumption combined with the number of people present is fun to play around with.
    I see you show 2 types of graphs which is also a great feature. Will developers be able to add additional types as well? A min-max type to show the minimum and maximum temperature of all indoor temperature sensors would be nice to have. Also, being able to normalized data would be very nice.

Looking forward to seeing it all in action.

• The best thing you can do about summer/winter-time is using intern as GMT. By displaying it you can add or subtract the time zone difference.

You also overcome the problems when going back to wintertime because of two times 03:00.

• It is surprising how many professional extremely expensive software systems can't handle the going back in time very well. Many multi million 24 hour companies have manual workarounds. Losing an hour of data isn't the worst bug to have. I can live with it.

If there's something I've learned in the last year, it's that expensive does not equal professional :p

• @Emile is connecting to remote storage (nfs/smb) something homey can do? Or can I create an SSH connection between homey and another device? Thinking about having a go in making a simple monitoring app for my ZFS pool (health and free space) sitting in my nas.

• Or for an app to do the above

• @Emile, looks great!

Keep up the good work.

• @Emile: Did you intergrate the prior discussed idea to add a calculation to the graph? For example, I've got light meters where you have to multiply the measured value by 17 to get the 'real' Lux value.

Athomey said:
    @Emile: Did you intergrate the prior discussed idea to add a calculation to the graph? For example, I've got light meters where you have to multiply the measured value by 17 to get the 'real' Lux value.

Not yet, but it's gonna be there, and it's gonna be awesome!

• Nais....

• Woooow that's a lot of data and very precise fluctuations in detail. Very good job Emile!

• _Marc__Marc_ Member
    edited September 2015

De sneak preview lezing van vandaag:

• Marc @emile

sick....

• Bedankt! Interessant om te zien

edited September 2015

:D

• Woooowww nice, can't wait to play with Homey