This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

[App] Fibaro by Athom (v1.5.18)

Comments

• Ah oke, great:)
  • cnvissercnvisser Member
    edited September 2016
    @Robin It's the slightly upgraded version of the FGRM-222 according to the site.
    But it doesn't state what.
  • @caseda @Robin Tx for the quick responce.
  • does anyone know whether the app also works with the Fibaro button (FGPB-101)?

• ArjanArjan Member
    edited September 2016
    Instal the version of the Fibaro app from Caseda, he added support for this. https://github.com/caseda/com.fibaro
  • @caseda If I'm correct the FGRM-2x3 isn't supported in v1.0.9 right?
  • @nicor in 1.0.9 it isn't, correct, but it will be in 1.0.10 don't know when athom accepts this new pull request though, but you could install the pull request like arjan is talking about with the FGPB-101 which also will be included in the 1.0.10 update.

@KeepT
    It does have a small "glitch" with the "long press released", it can trigger twice, need to fix this still.
    but for the rest it does trigger properly with all other presses.
    (i'm using it myself with 2 buttons at the moment)
  • @caseda @Robin ; i got node info for the binary sensor, if can do anything else to help let me know.

nodeInfo {
        "manufacturerId": {
            "value": 271,
            "name": "MFG_ID_FIBARGROUP"
        },
        "productTypeId": {
            "value": 1281
        },
        "productId": {
            "value": 4098
        },
        "deviceClassBasic": {
            "value": 4,
            "name": "BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE"
        },
        "deviceClassGeneric": {
            "value": 32,
            "name": "GENERIC_TYPE_SENSOR_BINARY"
        },
        "deviceClassSpecific": {
            "value": 1,
            "name": "SPECIFIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SENSOR_BINARY"
        },
        "commandClass": [
            {
                "value": 48,
                "name": "COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY",
                "version": 1
            },
            {
                "value": 96,
                "name": "COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL",
                "version": 2
            },
            {
                "value": 133,
                "name": "COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION",
            },
            {
                "value": 142,
                "name": "COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL_ASSOCIATION",
            },
            {
                "value": 114,
                "name": "COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC",
            },
            {
                "value": 112,
                "name": "COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION",
            },
            {
                "value": 134,
                "name": "COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION",
            },
            {
                "value": 122,
                "name": "COMMAND_CLASS_FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD",
            },
            {
                "name": "COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC",
            }
        ],
        "battery": false,
        "multiChannelNodes": {
            "1": {
                },
                },
                    {
                    },
                    {
                        "value": 156,
                        "name": "COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_ALARM",
                    }
                ]
            },
            "2": {
                },
                },
                    {
                    },
                    {
                        "value": 156,
                        "name": "COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_ALARM",
                    }
                ]
            }
        }
    }
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited September 2016
    @Wimstradamus ;
    i have the binary sensor myself but thanks for the info though :smile: 

the reason why it isn't implemented yet is because i came into some issues that i needed to think about before i'm able to add it and it working properly.
    But i have some new ways/information now that i want to try this weekend to be able to add, so a little patience please :wink: 

Small Edit: it still won't have the temperature sensor's being able to read out, this is still impossible without a change in the Z-Wave Driver/Z-wave Core
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited September 2016
    OK, I took the risk and migrated some of my Fibaro devices to Homey  :)
    They all seem to be working for now (except my motion sensor, same problem as the first one, no updates...)

But... there is a lot of inconsistency in:
    • adding the devices
    • configuring the devices
    • icons of the devices

More specific (but not very because I forgot the details per device  :D ):
    • When adding a device, the animations are not the same style for all devices.
    • After the device was found, for some you get the question what it's used for (lamp/ventilator/...), for others not.
    • This is what I get as icons for Dimmer, Relay and Roller Shutter, all different  :/

I'm running the appstore version of the app, is this something that has to be streamlined by Athom, or is it up to the community?  :)
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited September 2016
    this is why it's different:

Dimmer = in the class of "Light" because dimmers are 99% of the time a light anyway. So no option for choosing is needed.

The Relays/Switches = class of "Socket" because that is the only class where all capabilities being used are supported, and they are not always being used for lights.
    but still light is select able, so it will switch with the default speech triggers in homey.
    If i would use the "other" class i will need to add all mobile cards and all the triggers, actions and conditions cards myself. + no build in option for being able to select light.

the roller shutter = probably a mistake made in the icon of the device (i did not check this since it's not my driver)

the animation.. well that is what you get when different people start creating drivers.

But to answer your real question, it's probably up to the community to "streamline", if you want to wait for athom it will be probably be next year. and how do you want it to "streamline" it, all the same? then you will need to change ALL devices not just the fibaro app, you really need to see every individual fibaro device as a real different device.
  • I get the differences, especially for the dimmer.
    But then it should surely be the icon of a bulb instead of the module itself  :#

Wouldn't it be logical that it's streamlined for every device, no matter what brand? You'll get a jungle of methods and appearances in the end otherwise... 
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited September 2016
    I moved over all my relais (except for 1 that is crucial, so I'll wait :#  ) to Homey.

I can't seem to control my lights with the device cards.  I was wrong at first, I tried turning on the lights with the S1, but then I remembered you have to use the main node for S1.
    But it still doesn't work.  The light doesn't turn on (don't hear the relay click either) when the slider moves.
    When I close and reopen the card, the slider is back in the off-position.
    When I control the light with the physical switch while the card is open, the slider moves to the correct position...
    Same problem when using the main, S1 or S2 cards.

Is it possible I selected the wrong device when adding?  I have all FGS-212 or FGS-222.  Those are (Double) Relais 2, right?

Never mind, it started working some time after a reboot. :| Hope it stays stable.

Any status update on the fact that the main node has to be used to switch the S1/Q1?
  • Well, after a short night's sleep, it's not working anymore... 
    Cards get updated when I use the switches, but I can't control any device anymore through Homey.
    Relay, dimmer, rollers, nothing... 
    I'm posting it here since it's all Fibaro, but probably it's more of a generic  Homey problem I guess. 

• Here the same, after a while Homey is only shoving the status of the device, it's not possible to control it from homey. After reboot is working for a while (relais and shutter).
  • Same here, after a reboot some things work, some things don't (motion sensors in particular take very long before they'll report any motion) - then just when you think everything has settled in it all stops working (sensors, dimmers).

Rinse, repeat. Grr.
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited September 2016
    Fire69 said:
    Well, after a short night's sleep, it's not working anymore... 
    Cards get updated when I use the switches, but I can't control any device anymore through Homey.
    Relay, dimmer, rollers, nothing... 
    I'm posting it here since it's all Fibaro, but probably it's more of a generic  Homey problem I guess. 

I already created an issue for this on GitHub this weekend.

https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/847

It's not a Fibaro specific issue but a zwave issue in general.
  • Phuturist said:
    I already created an issue for this on GitHub this weekend.

https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/847

It's not a Fibaro specific issue but a zwave issue in general.
    Ah, ok. I only checked the Fibaro github, didn't come to mind to check any place else  :)
    Thanks! 
  • RogierVanWijkRogierVanWijk Member
    edited September 2016
    I've tried to add the FGS-222 relay switch to Homey. Press the button on the switch 3 times the moment the Fibaro app tells me to do so. Nothing happens. The wall plugs connect fine, the motion sensors connect fine, only the relay switches don't. There's no way to check if the relay goes into learning mode for there's no light or sound to tell you the mode is activated. Anybody any idea what I might be doing wrong? I even reset the entire Z-wave network but that didn't help either. With 7 relay switches it would be nice to get them to work...... BUT after hours of trial and error I got them connected. But why having to reset an out of the box switch in order to get it in the learning mode????
  • @RogierVanWijk ;
    Did you reset the FGS-222 itself as well? or just homey
  • caseda said:
    @RogierVanWijk ;
    Did you reset the FGS-222 itself as well? or just homey
    And at what distance from your Homey are you trying to add it? 
    I found that with Homey I need to be way closer than with my other controller. 
  • My Fibaro motion sensors zwave+ are failing after some hours, reboot Homey solves this but only for a few hours. The normal sensors (not the + type) keeps working 24/7 for as long as u like. Is this app related or zwave Homey related?
  • All my current Fibaro devices are Zwave+, and they all drop off a couple of hours (random) after a reboot - 4 motion sensors, 1 dimmer and 1 double switch. Somehow the furthest ones seem to go quiet before the devices closer to Homey (the difference in distance being ~150 cm). Even the closest ones go mute within day though.

It feels not entirely right that my Kaku devices perform much, much better at half their cost :neutral: 

• Has nothing to do with cost here.... It's just a software bug.
  • @Fire69

I have a couple of FGS-222's too. I have added one of theses successfully by doing the 3x press on the actual wall switch (momentary type). That paired instantly with Homey. The distance was approx. 1,5 m.

I tried to add a second 222, by moving Homey to the second floor. Distance to the relay is 50 cm. Tried multiple times... It does not pair. I am sure it was removed from my Domoticz setup (as was the other 222). It just won't pair.

I gave up and hope the firmware and App updates will solve this issue.
  • Eternity said:
    @Fire69

I have a couple of FGS-222's too. I have added one of theses successfully by doing the 3x press on the actual wall switch (momentary type). That paired instantly with Homey. The distance was approx. 1,5 m.

I tried to add a second 222, by moving Homey to the second floor. Distance to the relay is 50 cm. Tried multiple times... It does not pair. I am sure it was removed from my Domoticz setup (as was the other 222). It just won't pair.

I gave up and hope the firmware and App updates will solve this issue.
    Whenever I am having problems with adding a device, the firdt thing I do is give it an extra reset, just to be sure. 
    Just go to the z-wzve settings and do a 'remove device'.
    This will reset it correctly. 

Try again after that. 
  • Did anyone pick up the binary sensor drv?   I can provide xml,  test and if needed send a unit.. 

Thanks 

• casedacaseda Member
    edited September 2016
    @djesko ;;
    I tried to create a driver for the binary sensor, but have not been successful to get it working properly without having to poll it every 10 seconds (because short input signals definitely possible).
    And that is way too much!

Maybe athom (@Robin) can be more helpful to this.
  • HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited September 2016
    Will the Fibaro Button work with Homey?
  • @HansieNL ;
    Since last update (few minutes ago) it will.

@ everyone
    My pull request just got merged and published.! (v1.0.10)

This means the new way for relays/switches (only 2 devices).
    You will need to re-pair them to have just 2 devices,
    but it will still work with 3 devices, so it's not necessary to re-pair
This discussion has been closed.