This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

[App] Fibaro by Athom (v1.5.18)

Comments

• JaxcJaxc Member
    @aloft ;

tried to install youre driver.. but that made me lose all fibaro drivers :(

• So if I'm not mistaken, Z-Wave routing is not implemented (Yet). @Robin Any news on this?

Still can't get the Fibaro Motion Sensor (Z-Wave +) properly working, no problem in detecting and pairing the device. Pushing advanced settings like turning of the temper alarm or changing the motion detection led does not seem to work (Even after waiting a day for a wake-up). Motion alarm isn't trigged as well.

Thanks.

Nico

• @nicor ;Well, I think this was answered somewhere else as well. Z-Wave routing is enabled by default, however it takes some time to heal the network if it was disrupted.

What routing functionality are you missing?:)
  • @nicor: May i ask what it is that gave you the impression Homey does not support Z-Wave routing?
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/28955/#Comment_28955 
  • @JeroenVollenbrock - That's exactly the post which confused me about Homey being able to HEAL. Also when using the Z-Wave test function on my Fibaro devices (Even when in the same room as Homey) it's not indicating a direct or routed connection.

No way to check some kind of mesh table or map in Homey?

• Homey automatically heals a node once it becomes unavailable and follows the Z-Wave standards. The mesh table resides in the chip and is not visible to users.
  • Still confused why debugging from the Fibaro device (Plug, Smoke Sensor and Motion) doesn't give me the right status about the connection to Homey (Routed or Directly). Known issue?
  • After resetting Homey to Factory Default, and pairing all my Fibaro devices it seems that the Wall Plug, Motion Sensor (ZW+) and Smoke Sensor (ZW+) are working. Although the Tamper Alarm of my Flood Sensor stays activated.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited August 2016
    @nicor ;;
    For the tamper alarm you will need to change parameter 74 to turn off the tamper alarm (if you don't use it anyway).
    Or parameter 75 to specify a cancelation time (by default the tamper alarm stays on permanently) 
  • Thanks @caseda , that did the trick.

I've 4 Fibaro Smoke Sensors active, what would be an efficient flow to actually send out a notification based on the smoke alarm. Right now I've 4 identical flow's configured based on each sensor.
  • Until the "or"  function has been added along side the better flow manager. Your way will be the most efficient way
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited August 2016
    for two day all worked fine with my fibaro motion sensor (zwave+). but today motion detection suddenly won't stop.
    so i reseted, exclude, reboot in all possible orders but ntotihng work like before .-(

what i discoverd: when i have the sensor paired and i make a motion detection my z-wave settings page (reset zwave, exclude device etc) in home crashed always!
    all buttons are greyed out and flickered every 5 seconds for a millisecond...

i can reproduce this proceture. ptp homey -> zwave settingspage: ok -> pair motion sensor -> zwave settingspage ok -> force a motion detection => Z-WAVE SETTINGSOAGE CRASHES!

curious: all wored really fine since 0.9.2 and fibaro app 1.0.6
    the problems happened suddently today..

i have only one fibaro motion sensor paired with homey and no other devieces so long (untill this really will work without problems for a while)

edit: github issue: https://github.com/athombv/com.fibaro/issues/36
  • @phil_s ;
    its not the settings that are crashing, it is the z-wave chip that is constantly active.

I've noticed something extremely weird as well and though at first it was an error in my code.
    But it stayed active with the original code.
    So it must be in the sensor itself
    but even resetting the sensor internally (b-button) did not help.

But how i fixed it, and hopefully it will work for you too
    Pull out the battery from the sensor, for about 15 seconds, and just insert it again.
    you might need to re-pair it afterwords but since its only one sensor, its worth a try.
  • Installed my entire Fibaro setup today (4 Smoke Sensors, 2 Motion detectors, 2 Flood detectors and 4 Wall Plugs within the same room), no pain at all, everything worked fine. Moved the sensors within the house, keeping in mind that the Wall Plugs are going to be the Z-Wave routing nodes, no response from my battery sensors after that. Even after a reboot and patiently waiting for the HEAL proces from Homey.

So.. Basically, am I making the wrong assumption using the Wall Plug for the Z-Wave meshing?

On all my Fibaro sensors there is a way to test the Z-Wave range, although they are functional correct within the same room as Homey, it always ends with a red led indicating there is no Z-Wave connection. Sounds familiar for the Fibaro users?
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited August 2016
    @caseda yes, Even reseting my sensor didn't help me either!

but as you say it must be caused by the sensor and it worked in the beginning. 

Hmm, i pulled out the battery some times but only for a second. so i will try with some more seconds without battery. 

I will inform you... thx so long 
  • I have a tbk switch 2 m from homey and my fibaro motion 13 meters from homey,  two concrete wall between. Works great!  
  • @caseda ok i tried yout tip several times but it won't work :-(

everytime the sensor detects first motion the zwave-chip crashes or what you mean. (you know what i try to descripe, lol)
    also i rebooted homey 'cause of the zwave won't come back and paring and restting and other way round...
    very strange!!! didn't have this all the time till today.

so i will deactivate my sensor (shit, and i just told my wife that since the last updates zwave is going stable, grmpf) and reboot my homey. now it is a nice led lamp ;-)
  • @nicor ;
    How long did you wait on healing? It's not a case of seconds or a few minutes, its can takes 30minutes till (maybe?) hours(?).

Also (as far as i known) every main powered devices is capable to route. In some case its even so that battery powered devices, which are able to be powered with USB, can route if the will be connected to a power source other then batteries. Take for example this device;
    http://www.vesternet.com/z-wave-aeon-labs-multisensor

when its battery powered, isn't routing,
    when its powered with USB, then it will route.

@athom @JeroenVollenbrock ;
    it there a way to force the healing process? In my Vera3 I can force a healing of the whole network and/or a single node. Would be great if that will be added to the Homey:Settings:Zwave page the same as there's now a remove node option.
  • nicor said:
    Even after a reboot and patiently waiting for the HEAL proces from Homey.

So.. Basically, am I making the wrong assumption using the Wall Plug for the Z-Wave meshing?
    Depends on what you call 'patiently'. :)  How long did you wait? :)
  • Ok. My findings after a night of sleep, think that would be enough for Homey for a HEAL proces :smile: 

- Motion Sensors are responding but delayed, sometimes even 5 to 10 seconds when I receive a notification on my App.
    - Smoke Sensors in the same room as the Motion Sensors have not send temperature updates since they're moved, I've configured them to report a hourly update.

It would be great if a Z-Wave mesh table would be visible in Homey, that would give me the insight in determining the optimal paths. Also agree with @MarcoF, manually start the HEAL proces would be great.

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited August 2016
    nicor said:
    Ok. My findings after a night of sleep, think that would be enough for Homey for a HEAL proces smile 

- Motion Sensors are responding but delayed, sometimes even 5 to 10 seconds when I receive a notification on my App.
    - Smoke Sensors in the same room as the Motion Sensors have not send temperature updates since they're moved, I've configured them to report a hourly update.

It would be great if a Z-Wave mesh table would be visible in Homey, that would give me the insight in determining the optimal paths. Also agree with @MarcoF, manually start the HEAL proces would be great.

Don't know how long you have to wait for the healing, you'd have to ask @JeroenVollenbrock ;

Also according to Jeroen, the mesh info is in the z-wave chip and they can't see it (if I understood him correctly on slack) but if I recall correctly Domoticz is capable of doing this, so it should be possible.

[edit]
    Did a quick search, seems to be correct, this is domoticz:

• So i just added support for the FGS-222 (dual relay switch) (pending in pull request)

It doesn't show proper status on Relais 1 (it shows it on the main device instead of relay 1), but this is a bug that i can't fix:
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/773
  • When you add the fgs-222, how is it added in Homey? 3 devices like before the rewrite, 2 devices (how I would like it) or 1 device with 2 switches? 
  • @Fire69 ;
    right now it well be included as 3 devices, i could make it so it is only 2
    this would make things a little bit confusing though, thanks to which device you can edit parameters to.
    So i will probably keep it this way until there is a way to hide "parameter edit" from devices you shouldn't

the 1 device with 2 switches is not possible, and probably will not happen as well (not enough space on the cards)
  • So like it was before, 1 main node and 2 switches.  Best solution for now I guess.
    I had a zone 'Unused devices' before the rewrite where I put all the main nodes that weren't useful, I can do it like that again  :)
  • @Fire69 ;
    then you will need to put Relay 1 in there.
    Relay 1 does not show in which state Relay 1 is in
    that will do the main controller thanks to a bug i told about in my initial post

That is also why i could remove 1 (which would be Relay 1)
  • @caseda ;
    Thanks a lot! looking forward to the Fibaro app update :)
    I hope you can also find some time to add the single relay switch as well, so I can add all my relay switches and build a mesh to be able to reach the devices in the attic :)
    For full support of the dual relay switch we'll have to wait for @Emile  to get back from holliday for fixing the bug , but I can live with that

• @blusser ;
    It is working fully, there is just a bug where the status of relay 1 is only displayed on the main controller, it does switch on and off with relay 1 cards, it just doesn't show any external changes. 

That is the one I was going to write next, can't test it myself because I don't have it, but the working is pretty much the same as the dual relay. 
    So should be easy to do. 
  • thayoung1thayoung1 Member
    edited August 2016
    @caseda very nice you added support for the FGS-222. 

Question about it; Do you know if I can use 'when' flow cards with the FGS-222?

I want to achieve the following;
    - When I switch my non-smart wall switch (which is inside the wall connected to the FGS-222) for the first time
    - I want my hue lights to go on
    - When I switch for the second time 
    - I want my hue lights to go off
    - If I then grab my phone while my hue lights are 'off' I want to set them to the 'on' state without having to use the wall switch again

If I get the above working that definitely would mean a big up for non-technical-inhabitants in my house.

They could switch the Hue lights in the old-fashioned way while I can switch them with the Hue App or Homey without anyone having to mind the state of the wall switch.  :) . This also solves the non-state-saving Hue lights.

Maybe I could even make some flow which counts the amount of wall switches in a couple of seconds and call custom scenes on Hue   :o
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited August 2016
    @thayoung1 ;;
    You can use the fgs-222 in the when/if colum, (it has 2 cards in there, turned on, and, turned off)

so yes your way is possible.

Edit: just make sure when you use input S1 you use the main device in flows (for at the moment, until the bug has been fixed by athom)
    When using S2 then you can use the device for "Relay 2
This discussion has been closed.