This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Kaku /CoCo

Comments

• rvmourik said:
    caseda said:
    @rvmourik ;
    you need to add the sockets/lights to homey as well, with that you can control the sockets/lights separatly like you want to happen
    @caseda so i need to add the dimmable units that are in the ceiling?
    @rvmourik : Yes you have to add dimmable units in the ceiling as a device
  • @rvmourik ;
    that is correct
  • rvmourik said:
    @MennoVanGrinsven @caseda ;

thanks, i am going to try that. The copying action is shown when adding a Socket?
    yep...generate from remote
  • mbalik79 said:
    rvmourik said:
    caseda said:
    @rvmourik ;
    you need to add the sockets/lights to homey as well, with that you can control the sockets/lights separatly like you want to happen
    @caseda so i need to add the dimmable units that are in the ceiling?
    @rvmourik : Yes you have to add dimmable units in the ceiling as a device
    http://www.klikaanklikuit.nl/shop/nl/producten/dimmer-acm-303/

Don't see this as an option in the kaku device list when adding a device, on the app store page it says that the're deprecated. Is it not possible at all or do i need to use an other device instead.

Thanks
  • @rvmourik ;
    you can try to add it as an ACD-XXX (also a dimmer, same principle just the socket kind)
  • rvmourik said:
    @MennoVanGrinsven @caseda ;

thanks, i am going to try that. The copying action is shown when adding a Socket?
    Yes when you add a socket, you get 2 options . You can pair the socket or copy from remote 
  • @caseda ;

Tried adding as an ACD-XXX, but it doesn't get copied. Also tried to copy a remote with a APA3-1500 socket but it does not get copied.

However, i had a ACD-200 laying around and paired this one with generating a signal (no problem whatsoever). Any clue what the issue could be with the remote and the double wall switch? Thanks so far.
  • @rvmourik ;
    have you tried to pull the plug and (keep it off the power for like 30 seconds), this most of the time fixes weird glitches you're having now with 433 mhz devices

you can thank me once it is working :smiley: 
  • caseda said:
    @rvmourik ;
    have you tried to pull the plug and (keep it off the power for like 30 seconds), this most of the time fixes weird glitches you're having now with 433 mhz devices

you can thank me once it is working :smiley: 
    @caseda ;

Pairing with the APA3-1500 is now succesfull (pulling the plug did it's job). However using an ACD-XXX to simulate the built-in dimmer doesn't work. This could be because the dimmer is paired with the AWST-8802 and not with normal remote. Is there a reason why the built-in dimmers are deprecated?

Thank you for 99% ;-)
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited August 2016
    Hmm should not be a real problem, since the AWST-8802 is practically a 4 button remote (2 on, 2 off buttons).
    Maybe it is too far away? my homey doesn't see signals from remotes from afar as well. (not tested the range yet myself)

You could still always try and open the ceiling box and start the pairing via the dimmer module, little bit more hassle though, but the send code(s) seems stronger from homey out.

It is deprecated because there are a lot of devices, and some use just a little bit different code (like the very old ones with a code dial)
    KaKu has gone through 3 or 4 "big" changes in signals the past years, the way they are doing it now gives more freedom to make sure all devices work the way they are supposed to.
    But that will take some time, there is no real example code (that they can get their hands on) they can use.

Your welcome for 1%..., oh wait that's not how it works :smirk: 
  • caseda said:
    Hmm should not be a real problem, since the AWST-8802 is practically a 4 button remote (2 on, 2 off buttons).
    Maybe it is too far away? my homey doesn't see signals from remotes from afar as well. (not tested the range yet myself)

You could still always try and open the ceiling box and start the pairing via the dimmer module, little bit more hassle though, but the send code(s) seems stronger from homey out.

It is deprecated because there are a lot of devices, and some use just a little bit different code (like the very old ones with a code dial)
    KaKu has gone through 3 or 4 "big" changes in signals the past years, the way they are doing it now gives more freedom to make sure all devices work the way they are supposed to.
    But that will take some time, there is no real example code (that they can get their hands on) they can use.

Your welcome for 1%..., oh wait that's not how it works :smirk: 
    @caseda ;

Thanks for the clarification regarding the kaku products.

It's like 2,5 meters away from the Homey, so that shouldn't be a problem i think.
    Will try some more this week.

• Tim_Brass said:
    I got my Kaku (AWMR-230) working (using ACD-XXX) only the dimming seems wrong. Looks like 80% for instance is not working. 100% is oke.
    Looks like when i dim bewteen 1% and 99% it goes to a default % of about 5%.

Anyone else has got this problem?
    I've got the same issue over here.
    Setting dim levels in flows are not execute the right way. 90% is about 20% and 60% is about 100%.

I didn't found this issue on Git, does anyone know if it's already there?
  • I got a AKCT-510 Afstandsbediening/Remote control. It only reacts within 1 meter from Homey. I hope that will be better in the future.
  • When I try to install the app (v2.1.2) it can't.

Message: This app is incompatible with your Homey software version

I have Homey Firmware Version: 0.8.39

How can I fix this?
  • evisioncy said:
    When I try to install the app (v2.1.2) it can't.

Message: This app is incompatible with your Homey software version

I have Homey Firmware Version: 0.8.39

How can I fix this?
    Not.. You're running on the latest stable release. You can go to settings and check the box for experimental updates (only if you are really sure). I don't know if you can install the previous KaKu app? @caseda ?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited August 2016
    Whoo i almost feel like a athom employee now :neutral: 

It should automatically get the latest version that is compatible with your firmware version.
    either through an extra link that is shown when the message
    "This app is incompatible with your Homey software version"
    shows up or automatically (including that message).

Maybe something went wrong when working on the app store.
    @joachim ?
  • Kaku succesfully installed after updating to the latest experimental update. Thanks all!
  • AppieAppie Member
    edited September 2016
    @caseda and @joachim, i got the same message with the stable version. And no link to the latest compatible version  for 0.8.39... 

[update] Found a workaround on this forum: in your Devices, add a Device, search for Klikaan, and install from here. No more error about incompatibility. https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1858/this-app-is-incompatible-with-your-homey-software-version-after-factory-reset#latest
  • MarcoWijkMarcoWijk Member
    edited August 2016
    Appie said:
    @caseda and @joachim, i got the same message with the stable version. And no link to the latest compatible version  for 0.8.39... 
    Probably the version in the app.json is minimized to x.9. Maybe changing it in the app.json to x.8 it will load. Then again the app might install but not work 'cause of the firmware changes in x.9.x.

I haven't found latest version of  the app  on github though... neutral  perhaps someone provide the link? Then i can see what was changed, and revert it for myself. (ofcourse not for publishing) I'm aslo looking for previous versions also, believing my kaku devices will work again. Currently on the latest beta firmware 0.9.2 it died on me and am not able to get it to work. Despite numerous reboots and reinstalls.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited August 2016
    @MarcoWijk ;;
    the KaKu app (code) has not been published on github so there is no way for us to see and/or change anything in the code
  • Does anyone have an idea?

I reset my homey. 
    Install the KaKu app.
    Select the YCT-102 (remote control)
    But homey doesn't received any signal.
    Try also the KCT-510 (mini remote), same problem with no signal.

Reboot doesn't help
    Unplug/plug in the powercable doesn't help.

Any good tips are welcome :)

• Did you try to pair when you are really close to homey?
    Like 10 CM orso

• 0,1cm. Like they love each other

• HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited August 2016
    I got also problem with AKCT-510 remote. I'll use it for home/away switch. I have to hold it less than 1 meter from Homey.
  • I added an ACD1000 and wanted to indicated that this is connected to "heater" (the icon). Although the device is added in the device list and it works fine, I cannot reference or use this in a flow. The device just doesn't show up in the device list. 
    If I add it again, now as a "ventilator" the same happens, but not when it is a "light" or "other".

I had this in the earlier versions, but with the new KAKU set up I expected it to work as designed. Is this a bug in the KAKU app?
  • @Oskar ;
    it is not in the kaku app, it is something in the homey capabilities (homey's core) it has already been a bug for a long time, and will (should) be fixed in an update in the near future
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited September 2016
    I saw in the notification center that my KAKU app has been updated. After this update all my kaku sockets and remotes are gone in the devices screen. Anyone the same issue? 

KAKU 2.5.0
    Homey sw 0.10.0
  • I did re-pair everything after that update, but the problem seems to be solved. I PTP the homey for ten minutes. After that the devices were present.
  • I have severals AWMD-250's. After adding these with the new drivers the dimming function is not working properly anymore in flows. 

When I set the the dimmer to 70% the following happens:
    1) The lights turn on, on 100%
    2) The lights dim to 70% (so far normal behaviour, but then..)
    3) The light return to 100% again

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Homey Version: 0.10.1
    Kaku Version: 2.6.0