This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Kaku /CoCo

Comments

•  Is there a changelog for 2.6.2?
  • Change log here:

https://athomcommunity.slack.com/archives/general/p1475694114007207

```Date:   Tue Oct 4 21:51:59 2016 +0200

Fixed bug with dimmers
        changed debouncer to trigger after signal was not received for x milliseconds

Date:   Fri Sep 30 13:59:43 2016 +0200

updated to new 433 generator version
        Fixed generic switch views not starting with most current frame
        Fixed set dim level flow sending both new and old state signal

Date:   Tue Sep 27 15:29:53 2016 +0200

removed deprecated drivers

Date:   Mon Sep 26 16:58:33 2016 +0200

removed deprecated drivers

Date:   Thu Sep 22 16:30:59 2016 +0200

Recalculated KaKu signal
        Added text to pairing wizard indicating that kaku devices should be reset if they do not work

Date:   Thu Sep 22 14:06:38 2016 +0200

Added ALED-2709 led lamp
        Upgraded to new 433 generator version which only registers signals when pairing wizard is opened or device exists

Date:   Tue Sep 6 18:33:27 2016 +0200

Fixed SUN-500 capabilities

Date:   Tue Sep 6 17:09:01 2016 +0200

Increased debounceTimeout for doorbells to 4 seconds
        Added a range of build-in kaku devices

Date:   Mon Aug 29 22:07:54 2016 +0200

Fixed bug where changing the brightness of a dimmer in a flow card would initially set the brightness to 100 percent

Date:   Tue Aug 23 22:18:04 2016 +0200

Added support for old devices with "codewheels"
        Split some existing devices into the individual devices
        Fixed AC-XXX devices, these are now using the new kaku signal

Date:   Wed Aug 10 17:21:26 2016 +0200

Fix dimming

Date:   Tue Aug 2 19:21:42 2016 +0200

Add remote code to AC-XXX generate wizard

Date:   Thu Jul 28 17:25:34 2016 +0200

Fixed breaking changes in 0.9

Date:   Wed Jul 27 17:36:50 2016 +0200

Fixed contact sensor

Date:   Mon Jul 25 17:49:29 2016 +0200

Made ACD dimmable, version bump

Date:   Mon Jul 25 17:09:52 2016 +0200

Fixed dimmer not having dim capability

Date:   Mon Jul 25 15:21:29 2016 +0200

Added invert signal option to blinds

Date:   Fri Jul 22 17:25:05 2016 +0200

Fixed device name mistake and fixed order in which devices are defined in the app.json (with the hope homey client will be updated to show devices in the same order as they are defined)

Date:   Fri Jul 22 16:33:58 2016 +0200

Fixed spelling mistake

Date:   Fri Jul 22 15:35:01 2016 +0200

Fixed doorbell timeout

Date:   Fri Jul 22 15:11:00 2016 +0200

fixed missing translation```
  • TheoDeKoningTheoDeKoning Member
    edited October 2016
    After a few months my Homey is online again. The KaKu/COCO app is nice now.
    If there is something missing in the device list of the app, where put you the request. (ACM-3500-3  have 6 of them)  o:)
    Is there a way around. In the past I used 3 sockets per unit. Pairing by copy remote.

It is pity that you can't remote pairing true a wall switch. Some sockets are not easy to reach.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wen I was testing things, I experiences a 433 disturbances in both of my systems.
    A remote for testing with Homey had suddenly to be very close Homey.
    Wall-switches for KaKu ICS-1000 don't work on that spot anymore.  Even true commando by a PHP program.
    The less powerful signals e.g. remotes, sensors are having the most problems.
    Where that disturbances come from I don't no for the moment. Hopefully it is soon gone.

edited October 2016
    For some switch-points of the ACM-3500-3 I have used the ACD-1000 and it works.
    Only the distance could become an issue.
  • Since the last stable Homey updat,e and KaKu app update, none of my KaKu devices are working anymore? I repaired everything a few weeks ago, after they dissapear during a KaKu update (Which was expected, as stated in the release notes).

However, after this update they were still there, just none responsive. I have tried removing the devices, but even after re-ininstalling the app, I still cant pair anything again. Anyone else has this?
  • You could try disabling the app for a minute and then re-enable it. That worked for me...
  • Again an update.
    Yesterday I could remote pairing by using the wall switches again. Me happy.
    May be the 433 disturbances has gone from that time.

• phil_sphil_s Member
    edited October 2016
    i just paired my first kaku (trust in germany) switch (awst-8802). it paired after the third try.
    i have a simple testflow: if left button = on then voice "left down"

the flow just work 60% if i am in a distance of just 1 meter. more distance and nothing!

sorry it is my first kaku device and i read much about problems here with the app/homey. but this isn't working good for now, isn't it?
  • phil_s said:
    i just paired my first kaku switch (awst-8802). it paired after the third try.
    i have a simple testflow: if left button = on then voice "left down"

the flow just work 60% if i am ina distance of just 1 meter. more distance and nothing!

sorry it is my first kaku device and i read much about problems here with the app/homey. but this isn't working good for now, isn't it?
    Have nexa that looks the same and i got 14 m before i stops,  2 concrete walls and a door.. 

Strange.... 
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited October 2016
    ok, 14m would be great!
      :'( 

any tricks i can test?
  • phil_s said:
    ok, 14m would be great!
      :'( 

any tricks i can test?
    Im not a 433 expert,  use zwave on my fibaro hc2 and moving slowly over devices to homey... 

Look for devices / stuff that can disturb the signal 
  • That 433 stuff is sometimes not to follow.
    Also the ICS-1000 server sender from KaKu can't reach the devices.
    This evening one device in the garden didn't react on the time it should to do. With the KaKu app it go's well.

edited October 2016
    This time it's a night sensor witch is 3.5 meters from Homey that can't sometimes not seen by Homey.
    It switch lights in a dark part of my living room and this moment it's here a cloudy day.

If you can't trust Homey to do this while in the old situation it was OK then it is very sat.

Oops, now sees Homey the night sensor.   

• I really have only 1 meter ehrte my switch reacts. In every direction (also hight). More than 1 meter and homey keeps calm. 

When other people havn't this range Problems, does it mean that i have a Hardware problem within homey?
  • Maybe some disturbances around Homey? Did u try to put Homey at another spot to check if u have the same result?
  • No, but i will change its place to test in the next days. I have the next two weeks some  spare time. I will report. But homeys Place should be near my Television/hifi devices. This must work or i won't use kaku devices. But would be fine it will work in this situation. 
  • Even a bad coax cable can disturb it. So when placing it at another spot can discover it.
  • Ok, thx for your explainations. I will test. 
  • so i tested it just a few moments ago. i placed homey in a corner without any tv, hifi and other tech-devices. but its 433 range to my kaku switch is also only just 1 meter! wow...
  • HansieNL said:
    I got also problem with AKCT-510 remote. I'll use it for home/away switch. I have to hold it less than 1 meter from Homey.
    Curious, did this ever get fixxed? 

• My experience with KAKU.
    I'm using three door/window switches AMST606 for several months now. They are placed at two different floors with a distance to Homey that varies from 6 to 10 meters. Never had any problem with them, so working fine.
  • I have no problem sending signals to eg portable doorbell. But receiving signals is pretty bad. When some movement is on the first floor homey does not get that. Also my temperature sensors can't be read when on the second floor.

it is something with the software of homey. 

I also have homewizard, and that device does receive and sent signals from all my sensors.

only my garden light and garden temperature sometimes misses a signal with homewizard, mostly with cold weather. But I solved that to turn that light of 3 times in 1 hour time, so changes are bigger it receives it. And that works.
  • Before the big update of 433mhz, KaKu worked great, so it must be a software issue. I'm sure the Homey guys are working overtime to get it fixed.
  • When it's a software issue then we all should have the same probs aye?
    No probs at all here. Had some AWST-6000 not sending the off signal but thats also (temp) fixed with an update 2 days ago.
  • I've got a switch upstairs. Will Homey (downstairs) be able to turn on that switch? 

If yes; it's a ATMT-502 remote control. It's not in the list of the KaKu app. How will I be able to pair it? 
  • I use my AYCT-12 remote as a trigger in flows. I noticed that itdoesn't work anymore. I can't tell when it worked correctly, but I know for sure that it worked a few weeks ago
  • fiek said:
    I use my AYCT-12 remote as a trigger in flows. I noticed that itdoesn't work anymore. I can't tell when it worked correctly, but I know for sure that it worked a few weeks ago
    I guess you mean the AYCT-102 ? I use it and have a Test trigger for it ;-) still works here. 
    Did you already restart 433? Homey? PTP? Checked battery's of remote? 
  • bob76bob76 Member
    edited December 2016

is it possible to get a signal  from kaku so homey can tel me when the washing machine is ready?

or something like that in a flow? 

like homey can sense that there is no more power use on that plug?

• This can be done with Fibaro/Neo Zwave-plugs or with (as I have) plugwise plugs. Don't think there's KaKu devices which can do this?
  • fiek said:
    I use my AYCT-12 remote as a trigger in flows. I noticed that itdoesn't work anymore. I can't tell when it worked correctly, but I know for sure that it worked a few weeks ago
    I guess you mean the AYCT-102 ? I use it and have a Test trigger for it ;-) still works here. 
    Did you already restart 433? Homey? PTP? Checked battery's of remote? 
    :) I meant the AYCT-102. Did a restart of 433, also a PTP, battery's are also OK. I adjusted the flow so I will get a push notification. I will test it later tonight.