This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Kaku /CoCo

Comments

• So I'm not the only one who thing is strange? 

I did a factory reset, deleted all, pullen the plug voor 30 min, installed app, ptp again, paired, ptp again. But still does not work. 

I don't get it i reduced all variables to firmware, hardware and app. 
  • @tim1990 : Here no problems with KaKu.  I have a lot devices and they al work. How do you pair the devices? With a remote or generated a code?
  • @tim1990 you only have problems with switching Kaku in flows or also switching Kaku in general? 
  • @mbalik79 ofcourse i did try both. That said sending a signal (generade code) doesn't work. It looks like sending is the Problem. It keeps track of the status if u switch it with a remote. 

@MennoVanGrinsven switching in general does not have worked after 0.8.35 if i remember correct. 
  • mbalik79mbalik79 Member
    edited August 2016
    @tim1990 ;

And if you make an flow with the remote:
    press button A -> homey say's "button A pressed"

does that works?
  • I also have problems pairing my KaKu devices. I use the APA3-1500R plugin switches. When I want to pair them, either using the remote (AYCT-102) or generating a new code, the Homey doesn't respond at all.

How can I check if this is a hardware problem or not?
  • @Mantlet :

And if you make an flow with the remote:
    press button A -> homey say's "button A pressed"
  • @mbalik79 ;

Generated a device with homewizard en that works! Its only sending that doesn't work.

My motion sensor never worked but i van life with it if that takes some time.  
  • tim1990 said:
    @mbalik79 ;

Generated a device with homewizard en that works! Its only sending that doesn't work.

My motion sensor never worked but i van life with it if that takes some time.  
    I do the exact same thing, but if you make a flow with voice output you can hear if  the flow triggers
  • tim1990tim1990 Member
    edited August 2016
    @mbalik79 ;Flows triggering works! 
  • @tim1990  : 
    I did a test where I add a virtual device to see if the signal from homey is received by homewizard.

HOMEY: make a Kaku device AC-XXX -> generate code
    HOMEWIZARD: make a device  (switch/lamp) call it homey -> learn code from remote and then send from homey

Now you can see on the homewizard if the signal is send
  • @mbalik79 ;

Homewizard time-outs! So there is no actual sending. 
  • mbalik79mbalik79 Member
    edited August 2016
    @tim1990
    Here I see the switch in homewizard is working when I send thru homey. 
    Maybe it is indeed a hardware failure.. sorry then I cannot help..

(I must say I have to switch the virtual switch in Homey a couple of times (before homewizard receives the signal), but I think you tried that)
  • tim1990 said:
    @mbalik79 ofcourse i did try both. That said sending a signal (generade code) doesn't work. It looks like sending is the Problem. It keeps track of the status if u switch it with a remote. 

@MennoVanGrinsven switching in general does not have worked after 0.8.35 if i remember correct. 
    Exact same problem here, and has been so for months. Newest FW's and factory reset/power cycle did not help.
  • tim1990 said:
    @mbalik79 ofcourse i did try both. That said sending a signal (generade code) doesn't work. It looks like sending is the Problem. It keeps track of the status if u switch it with a remote. 

Exact same problem here, and has been so for months. Newest FW's and factory reset/power cycle did not help.

It is still very strange that some people having so mutch trouble with Kaku. Here it al works very stable from the beginning
  • edited August 2016
    @tim1990 i have problems with kaku switching pairing works, but actual switching does not.
    I had a debug session with athom and it seems that when homey transmits, the process crashes (stack overflow). so the cause is found (at least in my situation). Guess a solition will be (hopefully) in the next firmware.
  • @MennoVanGrinsven ;

So it's a firmware or App problem? Hope it is. Because this way my Homey isn't worth much. And i hate it to give up!
  • tim1990 said:
    @MennoVanGrinsven ;

So it's a firmware or App problem? Hope it is. Because this way my Homey isn't worth much. And i hate it to give up!
    firmware problem
  • tim1990 said:
    @MennoVanGrinsven ;

firmware problem
    If so, then there are more then 1 versions of Homey(?!)  'cause some people do not have a problem. Unfortiunatly i am not one of them :disappointed: 
  • @MarcoWijk that i get a stack overflow when KaKu tries to transmit a signal does not mean that there are different hardware revisions. First it means that that specific situation has not occured during testing.
    There are so many variables to take into account. No homey is 100% the same. 
    If you make assumptions during development, and that is true in 95% of the homeys, you still have a potential failure of 5%.
    It is not nice to be in the 5% as customer. 

Besides i have seen this so often at work. Software that works fine in all stages of testing, fails in production.
  • Are there people that also have the night sensor from kaku? It pairs without problems but it stays on the "on" state. 
  • MarcoWijk said:
    tim1990 said:
    @MennoVanGrinsven ;

firmware problem
    If so, then there are more then 1 versions of Homey(?!)  'cause some people do not have a problem. Unfortiunatly i am not one of them :disappointed: 
    I've the same issues. First at version 8.39, but after an update to 9.1, I've the same issue. It's not possible to switching lights on / off. Hopefully this is fixed soon because my homey is useless at the moment.
  • Hmm, previously my ACDB-7000AC doorbell would pair well. Now again it didn't work after the upgrade to 0.9.1 and I am unable to pair.
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited August 2016
    Very strange that people have problems with Kaku and 0.9.1. I had no problems what so ever with pairing my APA-1500R and ACD-1000 sockets. Both working in flows and smart phone app. 
  • We've identified a bug in the 433Mhz chip firmware that can impact transmitting in area's with a lot of traffic or noise. A fix for this issue will be included in version 0.9.2.
  • Worked through it on slack. The solution for me was to move homey closer during pairing. After pairing I could move homey back, worked like a charm again. 
  • BumbleBumble Member
    edited August 2016
    JeroenVollenbrock Will this also improve the range? I have an AWST-6000 motion sensor. Works in my toilet, but not in my bathroom where it was supposed to be.. I live in a small appartment so distance is no further then let's say 10-13meters..

Second: Will 0.9.2 be released to expirimental only? I'm on 0.8.39.
  • I read on the Slack chat that 0.9.2 will be released to experimental, and if no problems arise they will make it stable after a few days.
  • jorden said:
    I read on the Slack chat that 0.9.2 will be released to experimental, and if no problems arise they will make it stable after a few days.
    0.9.2 Will not include a working IR implementation, therefore we are not going to release it to stable. 0.10.x will contain an IR rewrite and can be released to stable if it does not cause any issues. 
  • jorden said:
    I read on the Slack chat that 0.9.2 will be released to experimental, and if no problems arise they will make it stable after a few days.
    0.9.2 Will not include a working IR implementation, therefore we are not going to release it to stable. 0.10.x will contain an IR rewrite and can be released to stable if it does not cause any issues. 
    And what about the 433 range? Or am I experiencing another problem?
    The 'female' doesn't like the light in the toilet... :D