This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

"This app is incompatible with your Homey software version" after factory reset

StevosStevos Member
edited August 2016 in Questions & Help
First of all: Did I miss the bug-reporting section? Probably... For that, my apologies.

After performing a factory reset, nearly all apps I used to have installed are suddenly incompatible with homey when trying to reinstall them. Some apps will install but most of 'em won't. Reason for the factory reset was that my account was displaying a different name than the homey account and there was no other way for restoring it. I never got the presence detection working either so maybe the reset could fix all of that.
I've seen a previous post before (dating back from April) with this similar issue where Emile claims it's fixed, yet it did happen to my homey.

Update: I noticed that all apps that require "Send and receive on the 434 MHz frequency"-permission are prohibited from installation.

I hope someone could help me out. My homey is nothing more than a white round RGB brick atm 

Comments

• This is a known bug in the app store. The version there is made for a different Homey firmware (Probably the beta), but the appstore fails to regognize the existence of an older compatible version. You can still install the app theough Homey itself by going to 'devices' and pressing 'add device'. If you then search for the app and press install, it should work.
  • Thank you so much Jeroen! Now I can use Homey again  :)
  • So this is a known bug since 6 months. Are there any plans of solving it?
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited January 2018
    wolv said:
    So this is a known bug since 6 months. Are there any plans of solving it?
    I see your other posts here about the Xiaomi Zigbee app while your Homey is on version 1.5.3, if you read good you will read that the app can only be installed on Homey's with firmware 1.5.4 or above, your Homey has a lower firmware. At this moment there is no available stable update only an experimental. So no bug just how it should work :)