This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Kaku /CoCo

Comments

• Bumble said:
    And what about the 433 range? Or am I experiencing another problem?
    The 'female' doesn't like the light in the toilet... :D
    That's a little hard to say, as it depends highly on your environment. Our test Homey at the office shows a slight decrease in range compared to 0.9.1 (It was exeptionally high there on 0.9.1), but the Homey in my living room shows a huge range improvement (the range was quite low in 0.9.1). Therefore, I suspect the 0.9.1 firmware was a bit overoptimized for range in the Athom offices (where its 433 parameters are tuned). 
  • @JeroenVollenbrock ,
    I noticed that 0.9.1 got a decrease in zwave reception. Just yesterday, I tested by moving Homey closer to my zwave switch. That allowed Homey to reconnect and to toggle the switch. Moving it back to its original location, caused failure to toggle and failure to reconnect.
    So is 433 range coupled to zwave somehow?
  • KeepT said:
    @JeroenVollenbrock ,
    I noticed that 0.9.1 got a decrease in zwave reception. Just yesterday, I tested by moving Homey closer to my zwave switch. That allowed Homey to reconnect and to toggle the switch. Moving it back to its original location, caused failure to toggle and failure to reconnect.
    So is 433 range coupled to zwave somehow?
    Z-wave operates at 868.42 in Europe, at 908.42 MHz in the U.S. and Canada but uses other frequencies in other countries depending on their regulations.
    As far as I understand the Z-wave and 433MHz antenna are separate.
  • The new updates finally solves the problem for me!
  • I just opened a new issue. This morning I wanted to add a third APAR-150 device. So I opend up the wizard and selected the ' generate signal ' option. At first it seemed to work perfectly but after some testing I noticed that when I trigger a flow that also contains a APAR-150 (but not the newly added one) the third apar-150 device also got triggered.

So my guess is that the signal that is generated is not unique. It chosen from a pool of signals and there is no check to see if that signal is already being used. It would be nice that if this occurred the interface gave a notification with a question to continue.
  • How is the range for the most of you? My door contact 4 a 5 meters away from homey with 1 wall doesn't give status changes!
  • @tim1990 firmware? 
    I have 2 door contacts 1 and 2 meters away with a wall in between. Works just fine.
    My motion sensor doesn't.. 10 meters
  • My motion sensor doesn't work eather, I think max 5 meters 2 walls.

I'm on experimental. Before kaku was dead.
  • @tim1990: Could you try to pair the motion sensor as door sensor and let me know if that works?
  • Homey Firmware Version: 0.9.2 - klikaanklikuit Versie 2.1.1. geüpdatet and still not able to pair the devices :-1: 

• BumbleBumble Member
    edited August 2016
    backslash said:
    Homey Firmware Version: 0.9.2 - klikaanklikuit Versie 2.1.1. geüpdatet and still not able to pair the devices -1 

Did you unplug Homey for a few minutes allready?

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1807/homey-v0-9-2#latest
  • @tim1990: Could you try to pair the motion sensor as door sensor and let me know if that works?
    Tryed like you asked. at first i thought it din't work but when i was at about 10 cm from homey it started to react. Also the test flow that i made started to react.
    But when i moved back away from homey just a little it stopped reacting again. I changed the battery's just to make sure. Got the same result.
  • I got my Kaku (AWMR-230) working (using ACD-XXX) only the dimming seems wrong. Looks like 80% for instance is not working. 100% is oke.
    Looks like when i dim bewteen 1% and 99% it goes to a default % of about 5%.

Anyone else has got this problem?
  • MarcoWijkMarcoWijk Member
    edited August 2016
    Running v 0.9.2, kaku app 2.1.1. 

Only after removing the app and a powercycle, then reinstalling the app, I can only pair the night sensor once. After it's triggerd (day 2 nite, or nite 2 day) the signals dies once again.

Even after a 30 minute power off the same result.

Other apps (elro and action) do work. The action app even at 5 mtr thru a brick wall. So it doesn't seem to be an RF problem of homey, but of the app itself. Any suggestions?

--edit--

I can not pair my ACD-200 by the way, not even after a clean install.
  • I have this weird bug, not sure if it is related to the KaKu app or Homey core. When I add kaku ACD-XXXX as a kettle it works but does not show up in the flow manager.

https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/759
  • fiekfiek Member
    I have this weird bug, not sure if it is related to the KaKu app or Homey core. When I add kaku ACD-XXXX as a kettle it works but does not show up in the flow manager.

I think the same issue as https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/433

• I have a AWST-8802 double switch, added it to Homey and during the pairing process. The buttons worked properly, but know i can only use it in a flow and listen for a button being pressed?

Should it not be possible to actually switch the buttons through the mobile app, or when i create a flow that's listens to 'Lamp keuken aan' and the corresponding button gets 'pressed'.

Am i missing something or is this not possible at all?

Thanks.
  • DieterKoblenzDieterKoblenz Member
    edited August 2016
    fiek said:
    I have this weird bug, not sure if it is related to the KaKu app or Homey core. When I add kaku ACD-XXXX as a kettle it works but does not show up in the flow manager.

I think the same issue as https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/433

Seems like it! Thanks
  • tim1990 said:
    How is the range for the most of you? My door contact 4 a 5 meters away from homey with 1 wall doesn't give status changes!
    Range is really poor for me too. My 433 sockets react to my remote very well directly (10m+), but homey won't notice button press until ~3 m afar. (Homey can finally turn on my sockets after 0.9.2!)
  • I have this problem with my motion sensor (8-9 meters doesn't work).. And also the doorsensors can't be to far away.. It's now approx 2-3 meters with a concrete wall (not so thick).. Any further away makes it non-responding..

I'm on 0.8.39.. I hope when 0.9.2 is stable the 433 range is better too! Because it makes the sensors quite useless when they can't be to far away..
  • How do the remotes and switches work? Pairing is no problem, but can they be triggered from a flow or a mobile card or do you need to do something in order to make that work?
  • rvmourik said:
    How do the remotes and switches work? Pairing is no problem, but can they be triggered from a flow or a mobile card or do you need to do something in order to make that work?
    @rvmourik  : Maybe this will help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs0y5xc03EA
  • rvmourikrvmourik Member
    edited August 2016
    mbalik79 said:
    rvmourik said:
    How do the remotes and switches work? Pairing is no problem, but can they be triggered from a flow or a mobile card or do you need to do something in order to make that work?
    @rvmourik  : Maybe this will help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs0y5xc03EA
    @mbalik79 Thank you but it's not the creating of flows that is the issue for me. I want to be able to trigger a button push of a remote or the double wall switch. But the kaku flow card only supports the first column 'when a button is pressed'. But i want to do the opposite, i want to trigger a press of a button. Is this possible?

For instance, my remote controls 3 separate lights. I would like to individually control those lights through Homey, manually and with a time flow. Does someone know if this is possible?
  • @rvmourik  : I don't get it? Where do you want to use it for? Could you explane some more?

• tim1990 said:
    The new updates finally solves the problem for me!
    Yes much better reception and reach in 0.9.2 in both zwave and 433
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited August 2016
    @rvmourik ;
    you need to add the sockets/lights to homey as well, with that you can control the sockets/lights separatly like you want to happen.
    So not just add the remote
  • caseda said:
    @rvmourik ;
    you need to add the sockets/lights to homey as well, with that you can control the sockets/lights separatly like you want to happen
    @caseda so i need to add the dimmable units that are in the ceiling?
  • @rvmourik your switch is a transmitter . So you can use it to start a flow. If you want to switch on/off a light , you also need a receiver like a ACM-1000, AWMD-250. These you can control through your mobile app. 

So with the transmitter you can trigger a flow that switches on/off a light. 
  • @rvmourik ;
    you sure need to, but don't worry, you can add the modules by copying the remote's signal, so you don't need to open the lighting
  • @MennoVanGrinsven @caseda ;

thanks, i am going to try that. The copying action is shown when adding a Socket?