This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Official Homey Android App discussion topic

Comments

• glijieglijie Member
    fiek said:
    glijie said:
    fiek said:
    glijie said:
    Push notifications are working again
    Hi,

Can you tell me what you did to get this working. Push notifications not working for me for about two weeks now. I am running 08.39. I have the beta android app installed on a Sony Z5. Already tried clearing cache.

If you cleared cache from the app than it could be that you have to go to the flows where you have your push notifications and select the last name in the row. That helped for me.
    In mine case each time i cleared the cache mine device is added and i have to adjust all the flows with push notifications

This time it just worked again and i did nothing:-/

I picked the last name in the list, unfortunately it still doesn't work.
    did some testing, I as owner do get push notifications. 
    The users i added doesn't get a push notification.
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited July 2016

did some testing, I as owner do get push notifications. 
    The users i added doesn't get a push notification.
    Very strange... Both owner and user not working for me......
  • JonJon Member
    Can anyone, especially @superice tell me why, when outside of my home's wifi network, all devices are invisible in the Android app? I'm on .39 and app build 53.
  • glijie said:
    If you cleared cache from the app than it could be that you have to go to the flows where you have your push notifications and select the last name in the row. That helped for me.
    In mine case each time i cleared the cache mine device is added and i have to adjust all the flows with push notifications

For now I've implemented a single push notification flow. "When" detects a changing variable (mob_jeroen) and the action card send the push notification with the changed variable. When I have to reset my phone I only have to edit that flow.
  • glijieglijie Member
    @DieterKoblenz  smart. Now i have too :)
  • Is it possible for this app to sync Android alarms with the Homey flow trigger 'An alarm goes off'?
  • fiekfiek Member
    Jon said:
    Can anyone, especially @superice tell me why, when outside of my home's wifi network, all devices are invisible in the Android app? I'm on .39 and app build 53.
    same here...
  • fiek said:
    Jon said:
    same here...
    Same here
  • At the moment the App is not working perfect anymore. I get a lot of crash screen when i start the app up, or when i turn the screen on a other postion. I have send all the reports, so maybe you can see what's wrong @superice ;
  • I was working on my Marantz app this weekend and on my Nexus 5X with Android N beta, often the devices (including Hue and LIFX lights) would not show up. Closing (killing it using the recent apps button then swiping it away) the app and restarting would often help. This was on my local Wifi.
  • Is there any news on the devices beeing blocked by a menu panel that doesn't disappear?
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited July 2016
    Can anyone of @Athom post an update for the Android app on what to expect. Currently not working for me On Sony Z5 and Samsung Galaxy S7

- push notifications
    - invisible cards from time to time (local network)
    - invisible cards (outiside local network)

• Any progress on the issue of the tabs not disapearing.
    Id love to, but am just unable to use homey with my 1,5 year old smartphone...

I've got exactly the same problem, with the empty white space over my content it's not possible to see any devices.

Also i would like to type in my speech messages instead of speaking. Just like how it's available at speech input in the web version.

Thanks in advance.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    If I'm right @superice last post in this topic is from June 29 and so almost a month ago. How are things going with the development of the android app? 

There are still a lot of "big" (not major) issues and also didn't see a app update for weeks.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    If I'm right @superice last post in this topic is from June 29 and so almost a month ago. How are things going with the development of the android app? 

There are still a lot of "big" (not major) issues and also didn't see a app update for weeks.
  • supericesuperice Member
    edited July 2016
    MarcoF said:

I'm currently working on a few fixes related to the device appearing multiple times in the device list in the flow cards for push notifications, and I'm trying to get push notifications working on iOS (at least plain text only for now). But I'm dividing my time between the app, IR and our internal push notification service, so the development that is visible to end users has slowed a little.

I'm expecting an Android release later this week.
  • fiekfiek Member
    superice said:
    MarcoF said:

I'm currently working on a few fixes related to the device appearing multiple times in the device list in the flow cards for push notifications, and I'm trying to get push notifications working on iOS (at least plain text only for now). But I'm dividing my time between the app, IR and our internal push notification service, so the development that is visible to end users has slowed a little.

I'm expecting an Android release later this week.
    @Superice... You didn't mention push notification on android. About seven weeks ago it worked flawlessly on our Sony Z5 and Samsung Galaxy S7. Or is your work on the internal push notification service also gonna fix my problems?
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    Thanx for the info! 

Push notifications would be awesome! 
  • fiek said:
    @Superice... You didn't mention push notification on android. About seven weeks ago it worked flawlessly on our Sony Z5 and Samsung Galaxy S7. Or is your work on the internal push notification service also gonna fix my problems?
    That is related to the device appearing multiple times in the flow card. Should be fixed in the next update ;)
  • superice said:
    fiek said:
    That is related to the device appearing multiple times in the flow card. Should be fixed in the next update ;)
    And what about no devices shown on android? It makes the android app almost useless.
  • fiekfiek Member
    superice said:
    fiek said:
    Thnx for your reply

• I get this error when opening the app

invalid_brearer_token

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    Probably fixed when you log out and back in. 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    tim1990 said:
    I get this error when opening the app

invalid_brearer_token

Have you tried to logout from the app and login again? 
  • Yes got the answer on slack!

still trying to get kaku working. Error happend after a factory reset!
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    tim1990 said:
    Yes got the answer on slack!

still trying to get kaku working. Error happend after a factory reset!

And the answer was? 
  • The same as you gave! ;-D
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited July 2016
    tim1990 said:
    The same as you gave! ;-D

Great to know.

Yesterday I had a lot of app crashes and that was also fixed with a logout/login. 
  • supericesuperice Member
    edited August 2016
    MarcoF said:
    tim1990 said:
    The same as you gave! ;-D

Great to know.

Yesterday I had a lot of app crashes and that was also fixed with a logout/login. 
    That should not occur anymore with the new version in the beta channel (2.2.6)

I've pushed an update to the beta channel just before the weekend, which should address quite a few bugs. The biggest is the duplication of devices in the Athom accounts of people. That should not occur any more (as in; no 'new' duplicates should appear in the list). We're working on a strategy to migrate all old references to devices and properly delete those without breaking the working references.

For now you can just select the last copy of device in the list (that's the one that should work properly) and when you update the app to 2.2.6, it should not change anymore :)

I intend to push 2.2.6 to stable when no critical bugs have been reported in the coming days.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot: for the people with Android 4.x, I fixed the zone selection overlay, so that should work properly as well now :)
  • I have no push notifications anymore (always worked, still works for my wife's phone).
    Already re-installed the app. Removed app data (to prevent Android M to restore from cloud backup it's app data).
    I did not get any additional devices in Homey's flows, so that seems to be working.
    Tried all available devices, multiple times.

Versions:
    Homey 0.9.1
    Homey Android app v2.2.6 - Build 54
    Nexus 6
    Android N preview 5 (did work on this build, previously).

Anything I can try or do?