This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official SDK2

[APP] Kodi [2.2.0]

Comments

• Fire69 said:
    EvertorN said:

Changelog:
    • Added OnMovieStop trigger (fires when a movie finishes, including credits)
    What do you mean with 'including credits'?  It just runs to the end and then stops? :)
    So if a movie/episode is playing and you stop it yourself before the end, that's a different event?
    Exactly right, when there's nothing to play anymore, so:
    - You press the stop button (you know, the [] square thingie) => stop event
    - You finish watching a movie and let it run through the credits (so all the way to the end of the playback, e.g. 1h30m/1h30m). -> movie stop event
    - Same principle for episodes
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    EvertorN said:
    Fire69 said:
    EvertorN said:

Changelog:
    What do you mean with 'including credits'?  It just runs to the end and then stops? :)
    So if a movie/episode is playing and you stop it yourself before the end, that's a different event?
    - You finish watching a movie and let it run through the credits (so all the way to the end of the playback, e.g. 1h30m/1h30m). -> movie stop event
    Hm, didn't know that!
    Probably because I never let movie/series run all the way to the end  :p
  • Is they a way to set the port to any thing else than 9090?
  • Is they a way to set the port to any thing else than 9090?
    Yes, this is possible by editing your advancedsettings.xml (see http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#.3Cjsonrpc.3E). I wouldn't recommend doing this though if you're not an advanced user, because it will probably break more than it'll fix.

What is the reason you want to edit your tcp port anyway?
  • steenjensensteenjensen Member
    edited July 2016
    EvertorN said:
    Is they a way to set the port to any thing else than 9090?
    Yes, this is possible by editing your advancedsettings.xml (see http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#.3Cjsonrpc.3E). I wouldn't recommend doing this though if you're not an advanced user, because it will probably break more than it'll fix.

For some reason i dont know about, i cant change the port to 9090 on my MrMc for Apple TV4
    I think its maybe been used by another app... MrMc is XBMC you can now download in app store by Apple.

• EvertorN said:

For some reason i dont know about, i cant change the port to 9090 on my MrMc for Apple TV4
    I think its maybe been used by another app... MrMc is XBMC you can now download in app store by Apple.

You should verify whether the IP address of your Apple TV4 is still the same. It might have changed. I can't think of why port 9090 would be in use, but you could try changing it if the IP address is still the same to see if that helps
  • steenjensensteenjensen Member
    edited July 2016
    EvertorN said:
    EvertorN said:

You should verify whether the IP address of your Apple TV4 is still the same. It might have changed. I can't think of why port 9090 would be in use, but you could try changing it if the IP address is still the same to see if that helps
    The IP is still the same, gave it a static ip address, but let me try change the IP

Nope didn't help still cant set the port to 9090, Web server: "Failed to start" i can set it to almost any thing else though ...
  • EvertorN said:
    EvertorN said:

The IP is still the same, gave it a static ip address, but let me try change the IP

Nope didn't help still cant set the port to 9090, Web server: "Failed to start" i can set it to almost any thing else though ...
    You shouldn't start a webserver, that's HTTP. The Kodi app communicates through TCP. @Overlord had a problem with this as well.The TCP port has a default value of 9090 that cannot be changed, that's why you can't start your webserver, because that port is already occupied. Leave the http port to 8080..  Just make sure you have ticked the 'Allow programs on other systems to control Kodi' under 'System/Settings/Network/Services' , that should be enough to connect through TCP.
  • EvertorN said:
    EvertorN said:
    EvertorN said:

You shouldn't start a webserver, that's HTTP. The Kodi app communicates through TCP. @Overlord had a problem with this as well.The TCP port has a default value of 9090 that cannot be changed, that's why you can't start your webserver, because that port is already occupied. Leave the http port to 8080..  Just make sure you have ticked the 'Allow programs on other systems to control Kodi' under 'System/Settings/Network/Services' , that should be enough to connect through TCP.
    Okay i see, thank you, let me try it out
  • The kodi app works for me except the shutdown/reboot option. This is not doing anything. With my Yatse remote I can shutdown Kodi. I run Kodi on a Nvidia Shield. Somebody else experiences the same issues?
  • Kosmonout said:
    The kodi app works for me except the shutdown/reboot option. This is not doing anything. With my Yatse remote I can shutdown Kodi. I run Kodi on a Nvidia Shield. Somebody else experiences the same issues?
    Are you trying to reboot / shutdown by using speech or do you use the flow actions? Also, does the log show anything weird? (It's under app settings)
  • In the same flow I started a movie and that is working fine. I am using speech to shutdown all the lights including Kodi. I get confirmation it works.
    This is my logging and you can see (it is my interpretation :-) ) it sends the right commands to kodi:

• OverlordOverlord Member
    edited July 2016
    @Kosmonout ;
    imho, when Kodi is shutdown, there is no process listning on port 9090 for the reboot command. So just try to use the reboot if you want to refresh kodi.
  • EvertorNEvertorN Member
    edited July 2016
    @Kosmonout . I can tell from your log that the shutdown command was not triggered by the Kodi app, but from another source (Kodi itself, controlled by your Yatse remote most likely). So according to your log:
    1. You have sent a shutdown command with a remote, or mobile app or whatever (not via speech / a homey flow) (=OnGenericKodiEvent 'shutdown')
    2. Kodi starts shutting down and sends a shutdown event to Homey
    3. Homey triggers the on_shutdown flow trigger ('Triggering flow 'kodi_shutdown')

Could you explain in detail:
    - which flows you use,
    - which commands you send with your Yatse remote,
    - What you expect to happen
    - What is actually happening
  • The flow I use is the one here underneath. With Yatse I send the shutdown command from the remote. I just want to exit Kodi and go back to the main menu of the shield (Basically closing the Kodi android app). Checked the log again and, you are right nothing is entering the log when I execute the trigger.) In dutch (Afsluiten) via the power button of the Yatse remote) I can close Kodi.

• Kosmonout said:
    The flow I use is the one here underneath. With Yatse I send the shutdown command from the remote. I just want to exit Kodi and go back to the main menu of the shield (Basically closing the Kodi android app). Checked the log again and, you are right nothing is entering the log when I execute the trigger.) In dutch (Afsluiten) via the power button of the Yatse remote) I can close Kodi.

I don't see how this flow would work together with your Yatse remote. 

The kodi 'Shutdown' command tries to shutdown the machine (not exit the kodi app). Perhaps your shield does not allow installed apps to shutdown the shield. That could explain why nothing is happening. You could try to create a flow with the 'WHEN Kodi is shutting down'. This should get triggered when you press shutdown on your yatse remote.
  • hi guys
    Kodi is not working anymore under 9.1
    i can not add kodi as a device,you can fill in the ip etc,and then it refuses to add
    gr
    Ronnie
  • satbopper said:
    hi guys
    Kodi is not working anymore under 9.1
    i can not add kodi as a device,you can fill in the ip etc,and then it refuses to add
    gr
    Ronnie
    Same for me. Did a complete reinstall of the app but that didn't help either.
    It just doesn't show up.
    @EvertonN did you, by any chance use a custom capability? Because that's not allowed anymore, according to the mail ask devs got today.

1. Custom capabilities & Mobile cards
    • Custom capabilities can no longer be passed during pairing, but must be registered in the app.json instead.
    • Custom capabilities can now also be used in custom mobile cards.
    Note: To maintain consistency, devices with custom capabilities will be automatically removed upon upgrading to Homey 0.9.0, and the user will have to pair them again.

• Same problem here, did a factory reset to add all the devices one by one and when adding Kodi to Homey it gives no error. I can type in the name, IP and port (9090) click save and card goes away without adding Kodi
  • Just updated to 0.9.1. Haven't had a proper look at it, but I think I know what's going on.. I'll see if I can fix it this weekend! 
  • Just committed a fix to github guys! I'll push it to the app store for approval. If you can't wait, just grab it from github!
  • hi
    simple question,how long will it take before the new version is available on the app store
  • Depends on how fast Athom approves it. Could be today, could be next week... 
  • @satbopper ;
    App is published in the app store!
  • great thanks love the app
  • EvertorN said:
    Fire69 said:
    EvertorN said:

Changelog:
    Hm, this seems to be causing my flow not to work.

I have a flow 'een film begint', and the variable 'movie' gets updated to 'true' correctly.
    When I stop the movie, the variable stays 'true', it only changes to 'false' when I let the movie play all the way to the end.
    Would it be possible to add a card 'een film wordt gestopt' or something like that?

I'm using this to control my mood lighting, they normally turn on at sunset, but when my projection screen is down there's too much light so they should stay of when I'm watching a movie :)
  • @Fire69 just use the regular stop event, which gets triggered whenever playback gets stopped. "a movie ends" is nothing more than a special version of the stop event :) 
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited August 2016
    Can you tell me the name of the card?  Only other card I have with a stop in it is 'Kodi is gestopt', but isn't that for when Kodi exits?

[edit]
    Looked at the app.json.
    In the trigger section, only ones I see are 'kodi has stopped' and 'movie/episode has stopped'.
    So I should use the 'kodi has stopped' then? :grey_question: 
  • @Fire69 yea! There is no trigger for when you quit kodi, only when you shut down kodi.. "kodi is gestopt" gets fired when playback is stopped (you know, the square [] button on your remote). 
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited August 2016
    OK, I'll give it a try then :)
    Must admit, the wording is a bit confusing, also because it's just before the card 'hibernate' and 'reboot'
    Maybe it's clearer if it's 'Media was stopped' or something like that? :)

[edit]
    Hm, doesn't work either.
    This is the correct card, right?

This is what I get in the log:

'Triggering flow' is the flow I created??