This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Kaku /CoCo

Comments

• Currently Homey only supports devices with defined Signal(protocol). So first you need to identify signal/words for specific device. Something similar I did here for Quigg device.

It would be nice if we could read raw signal and simply clone it or see raw timings.
  • MatjaLipu said:
    Currently Homey only supports devices with defined Signal(protocol). So first you need to identify signal/words for specific device. Something similar I did here for Quigg device.

It would be nice if we could read raw signal and simply clone it or see raw timings.
    If I'd know how to do this I would be more than happy to...
  • I would like to be able to send remote commands as well. So when my doorbell gets pressed  my light switch will be turned on.
  • Copy/paste from Slack:

The new KaKu App is published. Old devices will remain to work but it is recommended to delete them and re-pair them using the new driver. The old drivers (and devices that are still paired with the old drivers) will be removed in a future update.
  • HTDHTD Member
    edited July 2016
    I have a Homey for a few days.
    Installed the KaKu driver en added a few lamp switches and a doorbell.
    Everything worked also dimming of lamps. 

Now I have installed the new driver and repaired the devices (most ACD-XXX) and suprise NO DIMING function on the wall switches???
    I cannot choose the little dimmer AWMD-250 where is this important switch???
    So now DIMMING is not longer possible. 
  • FrankMFrankM Member
    Just installed 2.0.2 and re-paired my devices only to find I cannot reverse the UP and DOWN command for the ASUN-650 anymore. So, for now, I have to use the UP command to close the blinds and vice versa.
  • edited July 2016
    I still have the same problem as with the previous version. NO WAY to get my kaku paired. Same problem, nothing changed (KaKu app detects the remote, light switches when using the remote, but when testing during pairing, no switching on/off)

I really had my hopes up that i finally could use my kaku again. But sadly nothing changed. I am very disappointed with this. Especially that KaKu used to work. I am getting more and more convinced that (in my case) this is a hardware problem.

Before anyone asks... Since my Homey crashed with a red led ring i managed to get it back alive with a factory reset. But never got a KaKu running. So it is a clean KaKu install.

@HTD yeah i cannot find my AWMR-230 and AWMD-250 either. Was trying with the ACD-XXX
  • jovinkjovink Member
    @MennoVanGrinsven have you reset your kaku's. Maybe the memory is full. 

• OskarOskar Member
    I have a number of AWMR-210 ad AWMR-230 switches. Will they be added soon, or should I use another type as an alternative option?
  • NewTonNewTon Member
    edited July 2016
    Just installed 2.0.2. I could re-pair 4 ACD-1000 devices. They all do show up in the device list of the Device window, but 2 of them are not visible in the Flow window. The other two are visible, can be selected and function, Homey can switch the 4 plugs.
    My re-paired AYCT-102 also works.
    I have re-paired 2 door sensors AMST-606. They show up in the Device and Flow, but Homey does not detect any closed or open signal. I suppose pairing didn't succeed. Direct paring with plug does work, so the sensors are not defective.

[Correction] The sensors did pair succesfully, but Homey does not see status changes.
  • I've the same problem, the dimmers can't be installed.
    I really like the idea behind homey. But before you send me an email that I have to reinstall my coco devices, you should be sure that your update is working. It was working quite well before the "update". I'm a little pissed about this. 
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited July 2016
    Also just installed the latest version. I can't pair the APA-1500 R sockets because the remote is not recognised. Both restarting and pulling the plug for a few minutes not working. On each update of this app there are troubles. Very frustrating......Will try again later.
  • Here also no dimm function and reverse function for the asun....pfff 
    All kaku my flows now are useless. Don't know if up is up or down..
    Even not all icons are showed when add a device
  • edited July 2016
    jovink said:
    @MennoVanGrinsven have you reset your kaku's. Maybe the memory is full. 

Lol i only use one code. I pair using the codes that are in the remote, so memory is not full. I am not pairing the switches to homey. 
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited July 2016
    fiek said:
    Also just installed the latest version. I can't pair the APA-1500 R sockets because the remote is not recognised. Both restarting and pulling the plug for a few minutes not working. On each update of this app there are troubles. Very frustrating......Will try again later.
    After pulling the plug for about half an hour I was able to pair everything again. It´s seems with every update of the Homey firmware or Kaku app you have to, restart or pull the plug for a while to get Kaku working again.
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    @emile, when will the Kaku devices with a fixed channel (with the turning weels) like Sun-500 be added?? if needed for testing i can send u one??
  • unfortunately the update din't help me. Repaired al the devices witch works but will not switch in flow. Is it possible that the problem houses in the 0.8.39 version of the software and will be solved in 0.9.0?
  • casedacaseda Member
    Ok, so here are my findings with the new KaKu update (2.0.2):

APIR-2150 (outside motion controller):
    I can pair it, even though you can only really pair it with the learn switch, before you could just activate the motion sensor itself (which is practically the same).
    It triggers inside the mobile cards, but only on a very limiting range (6 meters, direct sight).

AMST-606 (door contact):
    I can pair it, but it doesn't trigger inside the mobile card(s) and not the flows.

ACD-300 (dimmer socket):
    I can pair it.
    It switches with the on/off switch, but it lacks the dimmer functionality.
    Have tried to pair it as other dimmer modules, but all are without the dim functionality, so it seems the dim capability is not applied, but only the on/off capability
    You can start (and stop) the dimming sequence by sending an "on" command when the lights are on though.

KCT-500 (key-chain remote):
    I can pair it, and it recognizes the buttons correctly.
    Range isn't the best with 5 meters (direct sight), but that's also possible because it's a pretty old one.

AYCT-102 (remote):
    It pairs good and the buttons are recognized correctly Range is a little better but still not good enough with round and about 7 meters (direct sight)

Debounce is still horrible, it can trigger from 1 to 9 times, with the most between 5 to 8 times.
    All happening with a span of 20 seconds (3 to 4 seconds between every echo).
    So if you want a cool down, you need one of at least 20 seconds to be sure.

I have a range extender (AEX-701) but it's not listening to the range extender at all (range stays the same) even with the extender at 1 meter away with direct sight.
    Extender just sends the same signal again with a small delay, so a little bit weird that it doesn't recognize it.

So the new app isn't the best yet, lets hope 0.9 firmware of homey will improve this (a lot) especially in range department.
    Pairing went well with all devices i have.
    I did completely deleted the app and reinstalled it to make sure nothing is left behind from the old app, and then did a power cycle to be sure.
  • Just was testing a bit with the motion sensor. They never worked for me! Always on alarm even with the battery's next to the sensor :dizzy: .

Then made a sensor on Homey en let Homewizard produce a signal. When is send manually On/Off signals with the homewizard the sensor status in Homey works.

Does de motion sensor from kaku also send an on/off signal? Or is this the problem that Homey is still waiting at the off signal?

• casedacaseda Member
    @tim1990 ;
    KaKu motion sensor are indeed sending a separate on and off command.
    So if the off command is never received by homey, the alarm will stay on until it receives an off command afterwards from the sensor.

You could see the motion sensor as a automatic wall switch.
    You can even pair the motion sensor as a wall switch if you want to, or the other way around, a wall switch as a motion sensor.
  • Pairing a motionsensor as magnetic contact works fine (it then takes on and off signal). From what I understood from @baskiers is that motionsensors do not take the off signal into account yet. From my experience this makes the mobile card always saying there is motion. Hope this is fixed soon.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited July 2016
    Homey FW: 0.8.39
    KaKu app: 2.0.6
    I can't seem to pair my APA2-2300R Sockets to homey (i can pair the included remote itself);
    And this is also with my ACD-300 which won't pair.
    Can't pair it with other types of sockets as well.
    So it seems like it's a sending problem.
    Even though a new frame was actived with every try (with slightly changing values):
    {address:"10001000010011110110110001", channel:"00", group:0, id:"10001000010011110110110001:00:01", state:1, unit:"01"}

The receivers are not filled up on memory (cleared to be sure) and can add them to my Raspberry PI with 433mhz sender (old homey code).
    I think it's a recent problem, with 2.0.2 it worked fine with pairing (the ACD-300).

Power cycling homey did not help either.

Also the description with how to add the APA2-2300R sockets is wrong, the learning mode gets activated when inserted into the wall outlet, there is no button.
  • KeepTKeepT Member
    @MatjaLipu ;
    Kaku/coco v2.1.0 is in the app store, but cannot install this due to incompatibility with 0.8.39. which homey version do i need to install this kaku app?

I tried to add my afr-060, but only yhe dimable afr-100 seems to be supported. How could i connect my afr-060?

Tried to copy from remote. Homey does recognize the signal from remote (and my afr-060 can be switched by remote), but homey cannot switch it. Is sending the correct signal the problem? Receptions seems fine....
    Help appreciated.

• KeepT said: 
    Kaku/coco v2.1.0 is in the app store, but cannot install this due to incompatibility with 0.8.39. which homey version do i need to install this kaku app?
    This version of the KaKu app is for Homey firmware 0.9.0 which could released today/tomorrow/this weekend  B)
  • KeepTKeepT Member
    Thumbs up @RobinVanKekem ;
  • Would be nice if they made a change log for the app! Than we would know wat to expect. 

• tim1990 said:
    Would be nice if they made a change log for the app! Than we would know wat to expect. 

yeah the community does it, why can't Athom do this?? 
  • Does anyone who had problems with switching kaku in 0.8.39 got any progress in the new firmware and app??

it's not that i don't trust that, eventually it will work, but i have more and more the idea that it is indeed hardware. For 2 month my homey is dus a fancy looking light in the corner of the room. And i just want te play with it. But non of my kaku stuff works after paring.
  • For me every KaKu devices works except for the nightsensor (schemersensor) it keeps saying "on" state and won't switch back
  • KaKu is working fine here on version 8.39 and the new 9 version of Homey 

i have a few wall sockets here 
    pairing was no problem also working in flows