This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey Plex application - main discussion thread

Comments

• BumblezBumblez Member
    How hard would it be to add support for LG's ConnectSDK interface? That would mean support for quite a few extra devices all in one go... Their SDK is available for Apache Cordova, which is open source and based on Node.js, so it does seem like it should be possible to somehow support this on Homey... not sure of the amount of work this would require, though.
  • MikeOneMikeOne Member
    It is on my list @Bumblez !
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    cool, looking forward to it... even though I know it's probably still quite a while before you get around to this.
  • Qx5Qx5 Member
    @MikeOne  Just wondering. The plex app changes nothing to my plex server right? Since fiddling around with the homey plex app, I'm not able to normally stream plex movies to my chromecast (lot of stuttering). 
    Probably a coincidence with a new plex server version or something like that. 

After the plex homey app update I reinstalled the app and added the plex server again in devices. I can't seem to reach my PMS anymore now. I saw it before (could select media on 1.0.3 I think. CC casting did not work then ). I can not test CC movie casting on the new version now. Is there anything I can do to help debugging? I could try installing node.js and install it via the cli? 
  • edited May 2016
    Hi all,

First of all, thanks to @MikeOne  for this great app.
    Sadly i can't get it to work properly...

I currently am using a Rasplex PHT with a PMS on my Synology Diskstation.
    Adding the PMS with Pin and later my Rasplex as a device wasn't a problem.

But now, when adding the Rasplex PHT to a flow, it can't find any media items.
    Also when asking Homey to watch anything, it keeps saying 'I couldnt find any media items'.

Remote Access in Plex.tv is showing the green icon and also browsing to my PMS at the ip shown in the Homey settings works just fine. Here I also see a green icon for remote access.

Also the secure connections is set to preferred and is therefore not required, so this should also be fine right?

Should i do anything with port forwarding in my router to get this working? Or should Homey  already be able to read my library? 

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thank you!
  • @MikeOne Any plans to add players to flow, right now I can't really use flows as we have 7 Plex clients :-D
  • Hi all,

First of all, thanks to @MikeOne  for this great app.
    Sadly i can't get it to work properly...

I currently am using a Rasplex PHT with a PMS on my Synology Diskstation.
    Adding the PMS with Pin and later my Rasplex as a device wasn't a problem.

But now, when adding the Rasplex PHT to a flow, it can't find any media items.
    Also when asking Homey to watch anything, it keeps saying 'I couldnt find any media items'.

Remote Access in Plex.tv is showing the green icon and also browsing to my PMS at the ip shown in the Homey settings works just fine. Here I also see a green icon for remote access.

Also the secure connections is set to preferred and is therefore not required, so this should also be fine right?

Should i do anything with port forwarding in my router to get this working? Or should Homey  already be able to read my library? 

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thank you!
    Same for me. Set up seems to work without any issue. However i am only getting the message "I couldn't find any media items". My PMS runs on a Synology as well and PHT runs on a HTPC. 
  • Any chance of a fix for the crash on .34, I presume it's related to the CPU warnings....
  • MikeOneMikeOne Member
    Not sure what you mean @MarkSwift ;
  • MikeOneMikeOne Member
    BY the way guys, I'm extremely busy this week so apologies for not responding much. Personal circumstances are taking up all of my time at the moment. I hope to pick up these issues from halfway next week. My plan is to make a release that gives a lot more information on the settings screen about exactly what is happening during start up and operation to make troubleshooting easier.
  • No problem. Curious to see what you are coming up with :) 
  • No problem @MikeOne, no hurry!
    We're already very gratefull for the work you've done so far!
    The improved settings sound great! 
  • Just installed the homey plex app. When I try to use it i get "No device found." Do I need to do some separate configuration to get this to work?  
  • MikeOneMikeOne Member
    edited May 2016
    You need to install a device (ie player)?

did you go through the installation steps (first post in this thread)?
  • @MikeOne It seems to crash after some time on .34 and .35

Any chance of making the Plex starts playing device independant? With a ton of Plex players in our household that we be super useful!
  • MikeOneMikeOne Member
    You mean for flows? With voice you can already target any player
  • @MikeOne I'd like to do it via flows if possible. BTW, doesn't seem to pick up my RasPlex (Which runs PHT).
  • phbphb Member
    Hello  Mike, homey says,  can't find any media items 
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    hi all, i hope installed all and did it step by step as writen in the first post.
    my plex server on a wd mycloud ist recordnised but ther ist no button for scanning the media files.

only a reset settings button?

but the name of the server and its ip with the remote-ip ist shown...

• MikeOneMikeOne Member
    Once you have a selected server it should automatically scan your media..
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited May 2016
    Hmmm, the Server is simply shown as i mentioned, but i can't select it. Thx for the fast reply @MikeOne ;
  • phbphb Member
    @MikeOne still no media files found.  I think i tried  everything.
  • edited May 2016
    Lol Homey says 4 times cannot find any media items:

I removed Plex and installed again (was finding media items the first install) but now not anymore.
  • MikeOneMikeOne Member
    This is strange, there haven't been any new Homey Plex app releases from my side. Maybe there has been either a Homey update or a PMS update that is causing issues.. 

My local version works fine up till now. I'm currently working on an update version of the App that should show a lot more troubleshooting information on the settings screen to help us identify issues.
  • MikeOneMikeOne Member
    What PMS version en Homey version or you guys running? And what is the PMS running on? Mac? Windows? Linux?
  • MikeOneMikeOne Member
    I'm running Homey 0.8.32 and PMS 0.9.16.6 (On MacOSX) - everything still seems to work fine here..
  • edited May 2016
    MikeOne said:
    What PMS version en Homey version or you guys running? And what is the PMS running on? Mac? Windows? Linux?
    Running Homey 0.8.35 and PMS 0.9.16.6 on (Linux/Ubuntu 14.04 server)

I have got athom-cli installed, so could try out a test version if needed
  • MikeOneMikeOne Member
    edited May 2016
    Do you have homey experimental updates switched on? Not sure why my Homey is still on 32..
  • MikeOne said:
    Do you have honey experimental uldates switched on? Not sure why my Homey is still on 32..
    Yes, experimental updates is switched on.
  • MikeOneMikeOne Member
    Check. Maybe there is an issue there. Let me try if I can force my Homey to get that update...