This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Comments

• JonJon Member
    caseda said:
    @Jon ;
    And there is your answer, you need to wipe homey completely.
    Keep in mind though, your homey will not change "back" to the latest stable release.
    In good Dutch, that's called 'mooi kut'. Just don't want to redo the whole setup of Homey, devices, apps, flows...
    Now I am stuck with an even less reliable Homey than before.

Ah well, enough about it I guess.
    Thanks anyway @caseda and @DaneeDeKruyff for trying to help out here!
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2016
     Jon said:
    In good Dutch, that's called 'mooi kut'. Just don't want to redo the whole setup of Homey, devices, apps, flows...
    I know how you feel, have been re doing homey now a couple of times myself (real pain in the a**).
    you could wait for the flow back-up thingy to come around, even though it is not announced officially yet, i think (well... rather hope) it will come around soon
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited May 2016
    You could also just uncheck the automatic updates, and than wait for the next stable release.
    That way, you'd be back to the normal firmware without having to do a reset.  Not right away of course, but better than having to wipe and start all over...
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    Bumblez said:
    So basically, what you're saying is, you bought a Homey, knowing that it's still in alpha/beta (test) stage (and that Athom wants feedback on released updates), but you refuse to beta test the updates... okay, it's clear.

Thanx man and please take a look a my reported issues on Git... 

Also reported some serious IR thingkies at Athom and got a very disappointing (but also aspected) response.... 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    @Fire69 : I think this is the only way. On Slack @gerbenz even mentioned experimental updates stayed ticked after a flash of the old FW. If that's the case I guess one would have to flash the FW first and, before updates are coming in, do a full reset without keeping settings just to be sure. Can't imagine why the box would stay ticked though...
  • posthokposthok Member
    I'm realy happy with 0.8.32. It's realy fast en runs smooth. But once in 24 hours it freezes and is not reachable, had to pull the plug to get it running again.
    Updatet from 8.29 to 8.32 experimental and now it's declared stable, but it's not stable enough.
  • Also running .32 and have no issues whatsoever.
    But I have no Z-Wave nor CoCo/KaKu devices connected.
    Only 3 Somfy blinds and 2 IR devices.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member

The last 2 firmwares (0.8.30 & 0.8.32) are (on multiple points) (highly) unstable.
    So I don't expect the will mark these firmware's as "stable/beta".
    Though0.8.29 introduced some irritating problems, afaik 0.8.32 only solved issues and didn't introduce any?
  • posthokposthok Member
    edited May 2016
    Also running .32 and have no issues whatsoever.
    But I have no Z-Wave nor CoCo/KaKu devices connected.
    Only 3 Somfy blinds and 2 IR devices.
    I'm on Kaku only. would be nice to reboot if an error occurs.
  • Jon said:
    caseda said:
    @Jon ;
    And there is your answer, you need to wipe homey completely.
    Keep in mind though, your homey will not change "back" to the latest stable release.
    Now I am stuck with an even less reliable Homey than before.

Ah well, enough about it I guess.
    Thanks anyway @caseda and @DaneeDeKruyff for trying to help out here!
    You're welcome. I also found out the hard way, but Emile mentioned there will be a desktop app that can be used in the future to downgrade firmware: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1159/why-wont-an-experimental-build-be-rolled-back-to-stable-when-i-reset-my-homey

Unfortunatly no ETA however.
  • MarcoF said:
    Bumblez said:
    So basically, what you're saying is, you bought a Homey, knowing that it's still in alpha/beta (test) stage (and that Athom wants feedback on released updates), but you refuse to beta test the updates... okay, it's clear.

Also reported some serious IR thingkies at Athom and got a very disappointing (but also aspected) response.... 
    Hmm that's not good.... 
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    MarcoF said:
    Bumblez said:

Maybe u should shift you're 'expectations' and let athom do there jobs. 

As we say in Holland
    :smile: 
    keulen en aken zijn niet op een dag gebouwd. (=grote projecten kosten tijd (en vergen geduld))
  • Here we go again.

Maybe Athom should have managed the expectations better! Kickstarter is about showing off a working prototype so people who are interested can invest money to help bring the prototype to the market. Clearly this has not been the case with this project. Of all 7 technologies, which is working at delivery? How many rewrites of several funtionalities have been announced (And how many have not!)
    Now I read on slack Z-wave implementation will be rewritten, seriously? How was this tested in the first place? And now the conclusion is it needs a rewrite?

Go ahead, burn me for having this opinion!

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    MarcoF said:
    Bumblez said:

Maybe u should shift you're 'expectations' and let athom do there jobs. 

As we say in Holland
    smile 
    keulen en aken zijn niet op een dag gebouwd. (=grote projecten kosten tijd (en vergen geduld))

You guys have no idea what I reported. 

It would be a serious and great miracle if Athom could solve the reported issues on the way from Keulen to Aken.

All have a nice holiday! 
  • honeyhoney Member
    Here we go again.

Maybe Athom should have managed the expectations better! Kickstarter is about showing off a working prototype so people who are interested can invest money to help bring the prototype to the market. Clearly this has not been the case with this project. Of all 7 technologies, which is working at delivery? How many rewrites of several funtionalities have been announced (And how many have not!)
    Now I read on slack Z-wave implementation will be rewritten, seriously? How was this tested in the first place? And now the conclusion is it needs a rewrite?

Go ahead, burn me for having this opinion!

The 433Mhz and the Wifi (getting better) is working. I am really happy for the 433Mhz. I am really furious how Athom has deceived us with the IR. I am sure the software side will get better but that won`t help a lot if it has a badly positioned single receiver.
    Those who are lucky or have mains powered (like Marco) Z-wave devices might be able tu use their devices. The rest of us well... I agree Z-wave needs a major fix and if it is a complete rebuild that`s even better.

My biggest worry that the speed of the progress is slowing down. I don`t see how this will be a retail product in the next 3-6 months. If they can`t sell products they won`t be able to stay on the surface. 
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited May 2016
    And again a non-responsive Homey (non-rotating LED, not responsive site)... up time 19.5 hrs s
    LOG: 3762024B4E.

Due to absent ability to view our log ourselves.. it would be nice @weejewel if someone of Athom could provide feedback on the logs we send 

Apps in use: : Z-wave (native), KaKu, Better Logic, CountDown, Kodi, Buienradar, NOS, Plex (in order of usage)
  • Tonight at 4:30 my Homey updated itself from 0.8.29 to 0.8.32. I never subscribed to experimental updates and it's still unchecked. Did this happen to anyone else? Has 0.8.32 been rolled out as a stable release?
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    0.8.32 has come out of experimental:
    https://firmware.athom.com/

Things only got better coming from 0.8.29...
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    And again a non-responsive Homey (non-rotating LED, not responsive site)... up time 19.5 hrs s
    LOG: 3762024B4E.

Due to absent ability to view our log ourselves.. it would be nice @weejewel if someone of Athom could provide feedback on the logs we send 

Apps in use: : Z-wave (native), KaKu, Better Logic, CountDown, Kodi, Buienradar, NOS, Plex (in order of usage)
    How did you manage to create a log when homey was non-responsive? 
  • @Fire69 I did not... log after reboot... it is not possible to capture the log during a freeze (as confirmed by @Emile)
  • I'm not having problems with the z-wave range. I bought some stuff a few weeks ago but the range isn't the problem. A Fibaro smoke detector is fitted on another level in my house with big concrete floors and walls between. The range is 10 m direct but with 1 floor and 2 walls between. I also have a Fibaro multi sensor placed on a lower level as Homey with 6 m, 1 floor and 1 wall in between, also nicely working. And as most of you will know, they are not mains powerd.
  • Homealone said:
    Tonight at 4:30 my Homey updated itself from 0.8.29 to 0.8.32. I never subscribed to experimental updates and it's still unchecked. Did this happen to anyone else? Has 0.8.32 been rolled out as a stable release?
    Same here, came back home today and found homey non responsive to all z-wave and Cocu devices. Rebooting helps for just 15-30 minutes before z-wave connections are lost again.

Checked version and saw homey updated to .32 today.

.29 worked better for me. .32 is a world of z-wave pain in my experience. Is someone else experiencing this also? 

Did I miss something or is it a known problem? 

• BumblezBumblez Member
    edited May 2016

Did I miss something or is it a known problem?
    Yeah, it's a known problem. See earlier in this thread, as well as a couple of other threads about Z-wave and .32
    Still, despite the Z-wave issues, Athom apparently felt that .32 was stable enough, and enough of an improvement, to warrant upgrading its status from 'experimental' to 'stable'.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    @Fire69 I did not... log after reboot... it is not possible to capture the log during a freeze (as confirmed by @Emile)
    That's something which could be solved imho. Create a new log after every restart. Presumably the info is only gathered from memory when pushing the button but perhaps @Athom could provide some sort of debug-mode in which a cronjob is running every minute or someting like that. So we'll have to option to send logs after a reboot.

The log you send in Github was before a reboot, wasn't it?
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/557#issuecomment-217353350
  • @BasVanDenBosch The logging mechanism as well as the accessibility of the (stripped down version) of the log for users has room for improvement indeed.

The previous LOG mentioned on this topic (around 14 hrs ago) was after the forced reboot (unresponsive, frozen led ring and had to pull the plug)... I did not (yet) add this to a github issue (not sure if there is a similar topic)...

The one you refer to (damn I'm being watched ;) ) is today's z-wave crash (or actually 9 hrs ago; only 5 hrs runtime) is indeed a log before reboot (after all other measures failed)...

I will try to find some time this weekend to fully reset Homey on 0.8.32 (with all devices in the same position)...

How is your stress-test progressing?
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited May 2016
    No restart zwave/reboot homey / restart 433 required since 735800 seconds -> 8,5 days... have a lot of apps installed (NOS, Solar Panels, Pushover, Youtube, Smartwares, Thermosmart, KaKu, screensavers, better logic, action, alecto, plugwisesource, soundcloud). Freemem at about 18 MB, loadavg about 1 with speed at 396).

Hate to say it but I think starting all over after installing 0.8.32 (recovery without keeping settings) makes a system much more stable (though it's not a solution for everything).
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    @Fire69 I did not... log after reboot... it is not possible to capture the log during a freeze (as confirmed by @Emile)
    I know, that's why I asked, because the log you sent now doesn't really have much use :)

I suggested this some time ago on Slack:
    I've been thinking about this too...

Now the log is erased(?) at boot. Or it's just kept in memory and disappears when homey shuts down (or crashes)

Wouldn't it be better to keep a .log and at boot rename that file to .log.old and create a new one afterwards, so you always have a backup of what happened?
  • Can my Homey please return to .29? With .32 Z-wave is completely disfunctional at times, the app is super slow. Flows get in loops or run 20+ times ... see acreenshot

Hope .33 gets released soon where we can rely and enjoy stable z-wave environment. 

Go @Athom go ...!
  • EdTstEdTst Member
    MarcoF said:
    Bumblez said:

Same here. I get the feeling they cannot get IR fixed, just like so many other issues. Even something simple like sunset and Sunrise is not working.
  • Sunrise en sunset is also my problem when does it go to work??
This discussion has been closed.