This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official SDK2

[APP] Kodi [2.2.0]

Comments

• eduedu Member
    i'm trying to setup all my kodi devices, got a test connection reply from all devices but Homey won't let me add them
  • Phuturist said:
    wingie said:
    I've just received my homey and the setup worked fine (after i switched from safari to chrome, was to happy that i had forgotten to switch browser). Installed the kaku app and after that tried the kodi app but after the blue led starts running after 30sec i get the error message  " something went wrong, try again". Show detailed information doesn't display any other log info. 

How to solve this? 
    It's a bug in the latest firmware. A fix is in the making and will probably be released this week.
    Ditto here - will eagerly await the fix
  • @EvertorN could you please add WOL feature so homey can wakeup my NUC via the network.
    PS although i got an error during installation it works perfectly
  • Im now getting a mix (after probably succesful installation) of error 200 and econnrefuse messages after setting up kodi on homey with a name, IP and port.
  • Just tried the same as earlier in this /other thread, but it seems it fails on my kodi/raspbian

ComputerName           : 192.168.1.6
    RemoteAddress          : 192.168.1.6
    RemotePort             : 9090
    InterfaceAlias         : Wi-Fi
    SourceAddress          : 192.168.1.83
    PingSucceeded          : True
    PingReplyDetails (RTT) : 623 ms
    TcpTestSucceeded       : False
  • Just tried the same as earlier in this /other thread, but it seems it fails on my kodi/raspbian

ComputerName           : 192.168.1.6
    RemoteAddress          : 192.168.1.6
    RemotePort             : 9090
    InterfaceAlias         : Wi-Fi
    SourceAddress          : 192.168.1.83
    PingSucceeded          : True
    PingReplyDetails (RTT) : 623 ms
    TcpTestSucceeded       : False
    after reboot kodi/raspbian (and possibly changing ports and stuff) it went to true and now it sees kodi (now building library)
  • Hi guys,

Just installed the KODI app on my Homey. I tried to add my KODI server running on a MINIX NEO X8-H but when I fill out the setup form and click "Configure!" nothing happens (please see attached).

I can see the web-remote running on 192.168.1.10.

Anyone have any suggestion what could be wrong? 
  • coronlcoronl Member
    edited April 2016
    djvanas said:
    Hi guys,

Just installed the KODI app on my Homey. I tried to add my KODI server running on a MINIX NEO X8-H but when I fill out the setup form and click "Configure!" nothing happens (please see attached).

I can see the web-remote running on 192.168.1.10.

Anyone have any suggestion what could be wrong? 
    Got the same problem. But with me the App will not install right the first time. Second time it say's its installed and when i try to connect to the IP it does the same as with you. No connection but with my phone i can use the remote app. So i think it a bug.......
    ---------------------------------------------

It fixed now..... Have no clue why...

Kg,
    Coco

• keverjeroenkeverjeroen Member
    edited April 2016
    mmmmm... I tried the Kodi app today, but it only worked once. I used the speech input to tell homey "Play movie Finding Nemo". Only once the movie started. When I now use the same text (or some other examples from your github), nothing happens at all... I have to say that I am using OpenElec XBMC, and not the latest Kodi version.

p.s. when I type "Play a movie", Homey returns with "No media apps installed".
  • There is a bug in the current firmware that prevents large apps from being installed. If it does show up on Homey, it is probably partially installed, which causes the unexpected behaviour you are experiencing. Please wait until this is fixed (next firmware update). I will investigate further if anyone has issues connecting to Kodi on the new firmware! 

Secondly, @keverjeroen, you said that after a while Kodi stops working properly. I experienced the same thing. I think this has something to do with the agressive garbage collection Homey does to save memory. After a while, Homey closes the connection and cleans it all up. A reboot worked for me. Obviously this is something that Athom needs to fix in their upcoming firmware, since we don't want to keep rebooting Homey ;-).

• Secondly, @keverjeroen, you said that after a while Kodi stops working properly. I experienced the same thing. I think this has something to do with the agressive garbage collection Homey does to save memory. After a while, Homey closes the connection and cleans it all up. A reboot worked for me. Obviously this is something that Athom needs to fix in their upcoming firmware, since we don't want to keep rebooting Homey ;-).
    On Slack Weejewel mentioned this was fixed for 0.8.31 and confirmed too :smile: 
  • When installing the Kodi app I got the error it couldn't be installed, but i could still find the app installed on my Homey. So maybe that's the problem.

The app didn't stop after a while, it just worked once.. A couple of times it did nothing, then once it started a movie, and after that he stopped working again. Rebooting didn't help.
  • EvertorN said:
    There is a bug in the current firmware that prevents large apps from being installed. If it does show up on Homey, it is probably partially installed, which causes the unexpected behaviour you are experiencing. Please wait until this is fixed (next firmware update). I will investigate further if anyone has issues connecting to Kodi on the new firmware! 

Secondly, @keverjeroen, you said that after a while Kodi stops working properly. I experienced the same thing. I think this has something to do with the agressive garbage collection Homey does to save memory. After a while, Homey closes the connection and cleans it all up. A reboot worked for me. Obviously this is something that Athom needs to fix in their upcoming firmware, since we don't want to keep rebooting Homey ;-).

Hi! 

I am also using your Kodi app with my Homey. I got everything working, lights go off when i play a movie or serie and when i stop or pause a movie/serie lights go back on (

Today i also started a serie to watch and the lights stayrf on. I was looking for a solution when i found this topic. Is it really a Homey problem that Homey kills the connection or maybe something else? Can i help to find that out?

My situation:

Homey
    Software: 0.8.29 Kodi app: v1.1.1

Nvidia Shield with Kodi with fixed IP 
    As always i put the Nvidia shield to sleep and stop the Kodi app. IP is fixed on the Nvidia shield and ports are open and when i add Kodi again it's working agian.

• The issue should be automatically fixed in firmware version 0.8.31 according to the people on the forum and on slack :). I am not sure what happens if you put your Kodi device to sleep, my guess would be that the connections are closed and will only be activated if you reboot Homey when you Kodi device is active. I'll have to figure out a way to detect and re-open closed connections. 

I can't do anything at the moment since I cannot install Kodi on my Homey because of a bug (that is also fixed in 0.8.31), so we'll have to wait for the new firmware!
  • @EvertorN great app one question in the OP you mention examples of phrases you can use with speech and these are in English does your app also work with Dutch phrases if so could you add them as examples. (I've set my homey to Dutch because it recognizes my speech better)
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited April 2016
    wingie said:
    @EvertorN great app one question in the OP you mention examples of phrases you can use with speech and these are in English does your app also work with Dutch phrases if so could you add them as examples. (I've set my homey to Dutch because it recognizes my speech better)
    It helps to read more than just the OP:

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/15499/#Comment_15499

• Thanks for the link i will read the source code for the commands, think it's still easier for new users to summarise the options in the OP so everything can be found in one place. BTW I don't mind reading threads
  • @EvertorN great app!
    After release of 0.8.32 I was finally able to add the Kodi for Homey app to my Homey.

The state triggers also work quite well when you use Kodi for watching television / DVR recordings... it nicely prevents the lights from being switched off during moments of inactivity... in case of watching television the lazy style  ;)

See my post at the [POSITIVE] Flows that work! discussion for details
  • Would be very nice if in one flow you can say "Start movie time" e.g. turn t.v. on and kodi. Then ask for confirmation which movie to play. Unfortunately the microphone in the " And"  part of the flow does not produce any text yet... 
  • keverjeroenkeverjeroen Member
    edited April 2016
    With 0.8.32 I still get the 'something went wrong' error when I try to install the Kodi app..

Edit: never mind. After a second try, Kodi app is installed. :)
  • itisiitisi Member
    Got an error while completing the device, after pushing the button Configure.
    Could not connect to your Kodi! Please verify your details. Error: unexpected server response (200).
    The ipadres and tcp port (9090) are correct, in a browser the Kodi page shows just fine and for example, the remote works ok. So i did check Allow remote control by programs on other systems.
    I already gave Homey a full reset and installed Kodi for Homey without a problem. Also installed Openelec again on my rpi3 , with same result however.
    My Homey is currently running 0.8.32
    Does anyone have a clou what is going wrong?
  • woeiwoei Member
    Would it be possible to get a feature for next episode of a series? I see last episode is supported. But if I have multiple episodes, I want to play the "oldest" one.
  • Sorry guys, I just moved to Melbourne and I am very busy sorting my life out here ;-). Just started a new job, so I don't have that much time to work on Kodi.

woei said:
    Would it be possible to get a feature for next episode of a series? I see last episode is supported. But if I have multiple episodes, I want to play the "oldest" one.
    This is exactly what is happening right now. It will play the latest unwatched episode. So if you have a list of 10 episodes and you only watched 1 - 4, episode 5 will be played if you say 'Play the latest episode of xxxx'

itisi said:
    Got an error while completing the device, after pushing the button Configure.
    Could not connect to your Kodi! Please verify your details. Error: unexpected server response (200).
    The ipadres and tcp port (9090) are correct, in a browser the Kodi page shows just fine and for example, the remote works ok. So i did check Allow remote control by programs on other systems.
    I already gave Homey a full reset and installed Kodi for Homey without a problem. Also installed Openelec again on my rpi3 , with same result however.
    My Homey is currently running 0.8.32
    Does anyone have a clou what is going wrong?
    Hm this is strange. Note that testing in a browser is not the way to test your Kodi connection. By using the browser, you test your HTTP connection (default 8080), as of version 1.1, Kodi is controlled via a TCP connection (default 9090). Few questions:
    - What version of Kodi / Open elec are you running?
    - Are your rpi3 and your Homey on the same subnet? 192.168.1.xx (3rd number of your local IP)

You should test your TCP connection with a script from a computer connected to your local network. Look in this thread for an example script on how to do this. Maybe this will give you some more details of what's going on.
  • woeiwoei Member
    Thanks @EvertorN I didn't realise. Will test this tonight.

Another question, could you assume port 9090 if nothing is filled in in the port field? I tried initially with just the IP address and no port, as 9090 is default. So I assumed I didn't have to fill it in. It appears it was required though. Or perhaps at least do some input validation that there is an integer in the field between 1-65535.

Good luck with moving!
  • Enjoy Australia! Only a few things are more exciting than moving to a different continent :)
  • EvertorNEvertorN Member
    edited April 2016
    woei said:
    Thanks @EvertorN I didn't realise. Will test this tonight.

Another question, could you assume port 9090 if nothing is filled in in the port field? I tried initially with just the IP address and no port, as 9090 is default. So I assumed I didn't have to fill it in. It appears it was required though. Or perhaps at least do some input validation that there is an integer in the field between 1-65535.

Good luck with moving!
    Yeah you definitely have to input a port number. 'Default 9090' in this case means 'Just put 9090 if you haven't changed the default port'. It won't automagically put 9090 if you leave it empty. I should indeed do some input validation, or at least clarify this. Maybe this is the problem @itisi ?

MartijnDeRhoter said: Enjoy Australia! Only a few things are more exciting than moving to a different continent Haha you are so right. Thanks mate ;-)
  • itisiitisi Member
    @EvertorN - Port 9090 was filled in correctly for sure... A netstat -lnptu command shows:

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name   
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:9090            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      506/kodi.bin
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:1481            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      506/kodi.bin
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:1546            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      506/kodi.bin
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:111             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      482/rpcbind
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:1364            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      506/kodi.bin
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:22              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      411/sshd
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:36666           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      506/kodi.bin
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:445             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      486/smbd
    tcp        0      0 192.168.1.55:445        192.168.1.20:63606      ESTABLISHED 25413/smbd
    tcp        0      0 192.168.1.49:40543      192.168.1.51:5000       ESTABLISHED 506/kodi.bin
    tcp        0      0 192.168.1.49:53229      192.168.1.112:5010      ESTABLISHED 506/kodi.bin
    tcp        0      0 192.168.1.55:22         192.168.1.20:63614      ESTABLISHED 25567/0
    tcp        0      0 192.168.1.49:36935      192.168.1.112:9982      ESTABLISHED 506/kodi.bin
    tcp        0      0 192.168.1.49:39635      192.168.1.111:5000      ESTABLISHED 506/kodi.bin
    tcp        0      0 :::9090                 :::*                    LISTEN      506/kodi.bin
    tcp        0      0 :::111                  :::*                    LISTEN      482/rpcbind
    tcp        0      0 :::22                   :::*                    LISTEN      411/sshd
    tcp        0      0 :::36666                :::*                    LISTEN      506/kodi.bin
    tcp        0      0 :::36667                :::*                    LISTEN      506/kodi.bin

It seems to it listens correctly on port 9090?

• AaronAaron Member
    I am listening to slamFM (radio) through kodi. Is or wil it be possible to start playing a radio station in kodi with Homey?

greetings,
    Aaron
  • It would be great if this app could be used to tell me is I have an unwatched episode of a serie.

Human: Ok Homey, do I have an unwatched episode of the walking dead?
    Homey: Yes, you have!

Or even better:

Human: Ok Homey, do I have an unwatched episode of the walking dead?
    Homey: Yes, you have! Do you want to watch it now?
    Human: Yes please.
    Homey: Starting a flow (power on TV  -> set input to HDMI2 -> boot Kodi -> start episode)