This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Comments

• Hi Emile, and the rest.

I am enjoining my Homey.

I would like if the selection of the: Data, Flow, Insights, Settings selection would be integrated in the top of the webpage.  Maybe more people would like it , Don't know.

Idee.jpg 735.4K
  • FranqFranq Member
    edited April 2016
    Thanks for working your ass off Athom. It will became the stable product what we want.

But since the last experimental update the ELRO app doesn't work anymore. Can't switch off lights, was working perfect.
    Reboot en reinstall the app doesn't fix it. Seems that the 433 sensor doesn't works, can't pair the devices again because it does not see the remote controle signal.

Did a reboot (pull out the power cord) and now it works again. Think it was hanging after the update.
  • Nice update. My Kaku devices and the 3 remotes (AYCT-102) are working again.
  • @Franq Do you also have kaku and do they work?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited April 2016
    @Ronald ;
    Isn't that why the menu icon is there, besides you name/profile picture? (the 3x3 dot grid)
  • FranqFranq Member
    @Franq Do you also have kaku and do they work?
    See the update of my message...

"Did a reboot (pull out the power cord) and now it works again. Think it was hanging after the update."
  • caseda said:
    @Ronald ;
    Isn't that why the menu icon is there, besides you name/profile picture? (the 3x3 dot grid)
    Yep i know, i just don't like it that way ( my opinion ) iI would like instance acces to it. :-)
  • Should be possible with some customized css...
  • Mine was working but constantly hanging now.  I have tried  turning it upside down and doing a reset (not full reset) still results in the same issue.

Might have to do a full reset but really don't want to loose all my devices and flows!!!
  • After a full reset and wipe I'm able to add the Aeotec Multisensor 6 in non-secure and secure mode. Previously only secure worked for me.

(I've added 2 in non-secure and 2 in secure mode, 3 are battery operated, one on USB)

These sensors are shown now on all 4 sensors:

On all 4 sensors the Generic Alarm was on after adding them. At first nothing was shown in Insights, but that was not new to me, I found out earlier that the sensors need to be 'triggered' to send frames in order them to show some info in Insights, a reboot from homey would add all available sensors into Insights.

So I went back to the devices page, opened the sensor view and started knocking on the sensor and YES! the Tamper alarm was triggered! I did that on all 4 devices and went back to see all devices added in Insights, but with just the 'Tamper Alarm' sensor added.
    In the same way I tried to trigger a Motion Alarm, but that didn't work unfortunatly.
    In order to get the rest of the sensors to show up in Insights I rebooted homey and got the expected result:

This shows on all four sensors.

After reboot, the Generic Alarm was cleared on the devices that I added secure, on the non-secure devices it's still activated.

Up till now I've only set 5,1,2 as parameter but as the sensors are just added I don't see much data yet in Insights so I have to wait some time before I can say if that goes well.

One thing that I can say is not good is that the Battery sensor is also shown for a sensor which is connected to USB but maybe I have to disable battery reporting on the sensor, will have to see how that works out.

THNX.

Got all my sensor showing Now !!!!
    Now to get them to work properly.

• woeiwoei Member
    Ronald said:
    caseda said:
    @Ronald ;
    Yep i know, i just don't like it that way ( my opinion ) iI would like instance acces to it. :-)
    I agree, the menu is a but cumbersome now considering I am switching between devices, flows and settings all the time.
  • Ronald said:
    Hi Emile, and the rest.

I am enjoining my Homey.

I would like if the selection of the: Data, Flow, Insights, Settings selection would be integrated in the top of the webpage.  Maybe more people would like it , Don't know.

Unfortunately:
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/526
  • Nice! Kaku works agian! Thanks!
  • aloftaloft Member
    433 (Kaku and other devices) command sent by a remote are processed 4-5 times. If I press a button on a Kaku (or Action) remote, the associated flow gets executed 4-5 times, with a delay of 1-2 seconds in between.

That was at 0.8.30 and before not an issue, so this is introduced at .32  Maybe to do with the other 433-related updates @Reinier  ?

• MekteMekte Member
    Nice work, specially the volume changer is a big plus :)!
  • got the same error as another user:  extract path not writable.
    the firmware installed was the latest stable version.
  • EdTstEdTst Member
    KaKu fixed again. 
    Can install apps again.
    Kodi works again
    Harmony works again.

I noticed that the male Dutch voice Ruben has deteriorated. He stutters a lot and I cannot understand him. Lotte speaks much better and stutters way less. 
  • EdTstEdTst Member

aloft said:
    433 (Kaku and other devices) command sent by a remote are processed 4-5 times. If I press a button on a Kaku (or Action) remote, the associated flow gets executed 4-5 times, with a delay of 1-2 seconds in between.

That was at 0.8.30 and before not an issue, so this is introduced at .32  Maybe to do with the other 433-related updates @Reinier  ?

Same here
  • aloft said:

Already there for a long time, see https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/285.
  • aloftaloft Member
    RamonBaas said:
    aloft said:

Hmm. It sounds similar, but it is not only once in a while, but pretty constantly. And I hadn't had this before .32 , so something got 'optimized' ;-)
  • EdTstEdTst Member
    RamonBaas said:
    aloft said:

Not quite the same. I never had this problem and now it is not twice, but at least 4 times.
  • woeiwoei Member
    Kaku, Action, Hue and Somfy were all working quite reliably on 0.8.30. However since 0.8.32 they seem very unstable or not working at al. Might also be one of the apps installed, but I doubt it. Another problem I have, is that after a reboot it takes homey at least 30 minutes to join the wifi network. Not to happy with 0.8.32 yet, other than I could finally have Kodi installed and working.
  • mruiter said:
    The changelog does not say much about what's fixed
    As far as I can see there are no zwave fixes what so ever ?
    All is unresponsive or unconectable as is was on .30

Any news on a zwave fix. or do we have to wait for .72

I don't mean that in a badway but no zwave news is worrisome . is athom doing a complete rewrite from scratch or are there big problems that are hard to overcome ?

If the zwave takes months I will kick domoticz alive on one of my Raspberrys
    Just ordered me a Razberry Z=wave 2.0 (everything 10% off today on sos solutions). I have a box of zwave sensors that are not working on Homey. I have them for over a year now and perhaps these 'old' devices will never work on Homey. I know they are supported on Domoticz. I'll move my zwave stuff to Domoticz and use Homey for other things. They will talk to each other using the Mosquitto MQTT client app on the Homey. Nice blocky interface to define the logic on the Domoticz. It is very flexible and will save me a lot of time.

I made some suggestions in the past concerning Homey's interface. NO reaction from Athom and I don't see any enhancements in that direction. A slider extra is not good enough. I don't want to create mutiple flows just to support basic functionality. Yes I can use variables and do some nice things. For crying out loud, it's suppose to be a 'my mother can do this' interface!  Let's be clear, it is not and never will be a product for anybody who is not somehow interested in technology. For those persons the current flow manager lacks functionality. 

• ReneBoeijeReneBoeije Member
    edited April 2016
    Ok, so we had young family members over and they asked about the white ball. I explained about homey and after being off almost all the time, except when trying a new version, I switched it on again. It did not respond to ok homey, so showed the young ones how to train. First three steps went smooth, but whatever I tried, 4 did not succeed, until the young girl tried. 2 attempts in a row succeeded. But for the rest... All attempts to ask for the time, 'Ok homey what's the time', failed. According to the input speech manager, it stopped listening/interpreting after 'What's the'. We tried other things and at the end one of the grilst said 'ok homey, you are stupid!'. Well that did the trick :). Homey responded that she better talked to the fridge, as homey had more intelligent things to say. Laughter all over. But a bit later, we asked for the news. And yes, it started to shout 'Salt may kill you!' and the rest of some interview. I could not find any other way to stop homey yelling the news than to pull the plug.
    So now I installed 0.8.32 and at least it has volume control! However, it looks like the only part of kaku that did work (New generation) does not work anymore. (In the test flow, speech wasn't working anyway.) 
    In the settings screen it claims the version is 0.0:
    'Homey Firmware Version: 0.0.0-update.inc'
    And constantly 'oops, couldn't reach the server'. Did the update fail maybe? I had to pull the plug after the update, as it staid purple for a very long time.
    Also at regular basis it has a constant orange ring, I remember we had that a couple of udates ago as well.
    For the rest: Still painful that IR is not working. I read IR implementation was difficult, but knowing we have (win)lirc since the 90's or so, can not understand. Old Kaku is a must for me - still not working. So after all the z-wave updates, like to get some improvements for the non-Zwave stuff to get my homey in action.....

Tried to remove/add kaku, but could not let it recognize my remote at all.
  • 433 seems to be broke again  :(
    Yesterday it did not work, today after update to 0.8.32 it worked, and did worked during the day.
    Now suddenly it stopped again....
    looks like only 433 is not working and listning is suddenly bad....
    rest oke..
  • version 0.0 means the update has gone wrong indeed... So a lot of parts not working is logical... Somehow the update-server can't be reached...
  • looks my home is bricked during a failed update.   got the blue ring but transfer stopped at around 33% after a few hours i pulled the plug.   result is a orange ring which turns to a stable red ring.

will pull the plug and see what will happens tomorrow, otherwise i will contact support.
  • posthokposthok Member
    edited April 2016
    Is'nt it normal that after a new firmware release a device is getting better?
  • Stalled while installing the update 0.8.32 ("Bezig met installeren") at 40%. After 11 hours still no progress.
  • aloftaloft Member
    Z-Wave got more instable in 0.8.32, although it could also be impacted by an extra Z-wave 230V powered device I added. Some devices don't report updates anymore (or at least, it isn't processed by Homey) and for devices that still works, the delay is 1-2 seconds, where normally, it would be instant.

Was 0.8.30 pretty stable , now I have to reboot Homey twice a day, to at least keep Z-wave running. Load is also increased.  

On the flip side: I am not loosing variables anymore! So there's progress on that part
This discussion has been closed.