This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

milight

Comments

• Robin said:
    I am aware of the Milight app crashing after a set amount of time (using it myself as well :)). I prepared a fix, which is in the process of being tested and published to the app store. In the meantime, if you are impatient get it from github: https://github.com/athombv/com.milight

If you happen to find any problem, please just create an issue on github!:)
    When will this be public? i don't know how to install it through github :)
  • RobinRobin Member
    It's very easy, just download the zip file from github, and look at https://developers.athom.com/library/getting-started/ to find out how to upload it to your Homey!

The app update will probably be released in the app store on Monday or Tuesday, depending on how busy my colleagues are. 
  • Thanks Robin, this worked
    I have just a  (maybe stupid) question if I shut down the command it just uninstalls but when i run this project on Homey and i unplug the power after the reboot he says it is fully installed and it's no experimental version anymore. Is this normal?
  • RobinRobin Member
    Hm that's interesting, does it still say it is version 1.1.2 or 1.1.1? The latter would indicate that it falls back to the version you had installed previously.

If you want to install the app from github on your Homey, just run athom project --install instead of --run.

• at first there was a symbol next to it that said experimental (i think) and i unplugged it while the app was running and now everything seems to work like it should be so no complains here :) but i was just wondering if this was normal
  • RobinRobin Member
    Great that it is working! And thanks for the heads up, will look into it!
  • MG11MG11 Member
    Thanks! With the v1.1.2 the bulbs are working fine now.
    Now I can't wait to see the hue-functionality inside of the flow-editor!  

• Any progress with the Milight GU10 (spots) support?

• @MathijsFrencken ;
    If you have the wifi module, Doesn't it work if you add it as a "normal" bulb?
    For me it works at least with the LED-strips 
  • caseda said:
    @MathijsFrencken ;
    If you have the wifi module, Doesn't it work if you add it as a "normal" bulb?
    For me it works at least with the LED-strips 
    I have the wifi bridge and E27 bulbs, I'm waiting for GU10 support before ordering..

I can assume they use more or less the same protocol?
  • They use the same protocol, as the remotes are interchangeable as well.
    (if you keep in mind there are 3 different types, RGB, RGBW & White)
  • 2Be2Be Member
    @Robin ; In the milight app I can chose different modes like a red strobe mode. I would like to use this as an alarm. Is this possible in the future?
  • I have installed the app but after a couple of hour I can't control the lights anymore. 
    Am I the only one? 

• 2Be2Be Member
    More people complained about the app stopping after a while. Should be solved in the latest version. I didn't have the problem with this version or an earlier one. My homey with Elro sockets, Hue lamps and Milight lamps never stopped working. 
  • I only mean the Milights. I now have version 1.1.1 I thought that a new version in on his way.
    The app don't stop working, if the lights are on, I can control them by homey
  • jovink said:
    I only mean the Milights. I now have version 1.1.1 I thought that a new version in on his way.
    Had the same but is solved with the new update.
  • jovink said:
    I only mean the Milights. I now have version 1.1.1 I thought that a new version in on his way.
    I can confirm that this is resolved in 1.1.2, unless you have the developer kit installed & knowledge of how to install a github, you have to wait until 1.1.2 hits the app store
  • I'll wait a couple days
  • scoczscocz Member
    How can I change the led colors?
  • RobinRobin Member
    For now only through the mobile card, flow functionality will come at a later moment.
  • Thanks for the update Robin, It works great. 
    I have a flow with a Kaku switch to turn on and off the milights.
    In the (original) Milight app if you press 2 times on the on button the lights turn white  maybe you can create something for homey as well. 
  • Is there any idea when the rgb led controller will be fully supported?
  • I feel pretty stupid, but I can not find the answer in the forum or Ergen else on the Internet. I bought a RGBW MI-Light (LED bulb). I have no remote control or wifi box. It seems to me that I do not need I got Homey.

But Homey does not find the lamp , even if I choose RGB or Normal bulb.
    Do I need a remote ore wifi box?
  • 0burner0 said:
    I feel pretty stupid, but I can not find the answer in the forum or Ergen else on the Internet. I bought a RGBW MI-Light (LED bulb). I have no remote control or wifi box. It seems to me that I do not need I got Homey.

Yeah you need the wifi bridge

https://apps.athom.com/app/com.milight

"Homey connects with your WiFi bridge to control the lights."
  • 0burner0 said:
    I feel pretty stupid, but I can not find the answer in the forum or Ergen else on the Internet. I bought a RGBW MI-Light (LED bulb). I have no remote control or wifi box. It seems to me that I do not need I got Homey.

Yeah you need the wifi bridge

https://apps.athom.com/app/com.milight

"Homey connects with your WiFi bridge to control the lights."
    Thnx, didnt read that well :(
  • btwvince said:
    Is there any idea when the rgb led controller will be fully supported?
    You should try adding a rgb led strip as the RGWB led bulb, I then added the four groups. removed 2,3 and 4 and it works! . Although Fully supported means, i my opinion, fading brightness, visual feedback as homey speaks etc;).
  • 2Be2Be Member
    @Robin ;
    My Milight app often crashes. I expect you receive the error logs?
  • Dear developer,

Thanks for adding flow cards to change brightness, modes and color!

• RobinRobin Member
    2Be said:
    @Robin ;
    My Milight app often crashes. I expect you receive the error logs?
    Yes we do, I constantly have an eye on the crashlogs to increase stability of the apps!
  • @Robin I'm looking for some GU10 spots to use in my living, but wondering if they are supported in the app. It is not clear to me if the GU10 RGBW milight is supported cq working or not.