This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• As mentioned in the update of 18th of march:

Shipment

Everyone is eager to receive their Homey, and we love that! Because the bugfixing is coming along pretty solid, as you can read above, we feel confident enough to communicate dates again.

The following timeline is what we are aiming for. Delays might still happen, please do keep that in mind, just know that we're doing the best we can possibly do to make everyone happy. We expect to be able to ship:

Regular & (Super) Early Bird Backer (rest of Kickstarter EU)

April 4th

Pre-orders & non-EU Backers

Pre-orders will be given a choice to get Homey earlier but accept that it's still in bèta, or a little bit later for a retail-like experience.

'Geek' Pre-orders & non-EU Backers:

April 18th

non-beta, retail-like Pre-orders

Beginning of May

• SommoSommo Member
    ok, woukd know if that taht date (april 4th) will be respected...
  • As Athom stated: Aiming for. But @Emile stated yesterday he "was polishing the firmware" this could get reallity..

No hard promesses heard at the moment

• I'm guessing they will release .25 before they ship out the rest of the backer orders. And I'm sure they will postpone shipping if this release isn't as stable as they hope it to be.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited March 2016
    The current firmware is on various points "very" unstable and there's no news about a upcoming firmware update.
    A week ago the new firmware didn't reach internal testing, so it would surprise me if the release a update this week and I only expect shipment a couple of days after release of 0.8.25.

Options 1: Most positive;
    1. Friday firmware release 0.8.25
    2. one week field testing
    3. End of next week decision of shipment
    4. week 16 shipment?

Options 2: But more realistic;
    1. Some were next week a release of 0.8.25 
    2. 0.8.25 probably isn't fixing the various stability issues
    3. So 2-3 weeks waiting on 0.8.26+
    4. Shipment 4-5 weeks from now(end April of begin May)? 

I'm hoping for option 1, but expecting option 2.

"oops.... 'typo' fix"
  • JaxcJaxc Member

There we go again  :s

Stop guessing, and wait for Athom to tell whats going to happen..

<3 I love forums

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited March 2016
    there we go again  :s

lets just pray, hope and wait on more info :heart: 

There are still >1500(!) people waiting on a delivery.....
  • MarcoF said:
     a couple of days after release of 0.8.5.

Why 0.8.5? 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited March 2016
    "Oops...."

typo's?

I meant 0.8.2x
  • honeyhoney Member
    Stop encouraging any further delay. New bugs will always surface, that can`t be a forever going reason to withhold the hardware. Never got answer what exactly they achieve to start shipping. Stable firmware... well that is a relative concept. The KS campaign was 2 years ago, those who backed it and don`t need it any more they will sell it anyway regardless of the state of the development. But those who ORDERED the product expecting it Summer, Autumn, December, January, February... they might/will cancel it. The loss will come from that aspect.
    Afraid that they will get negative reviews, well there are reviews already but I think all of them are fair taking in account that it is in development stage. None of those would create negative vibe about the product but constant postponing that creates negative vibe.
  • Never got answer what exactly they achieve to start shipping. 

Also asked this before my cancellation, but this question were ignored and so i also didn't got a answer to it beside;
    Until Homey meets our standards more.

Nobody knows which standards....

• At this point in time I would rather have a Homey with beta firmware than no Homey at al. Rather sick of the waiting. I'm a Normal Backer.
  • Could someone explain to me why Athom is continuing to pre-sell Homey on their website with an accompanied statement/promise on shipment date?

When I pre-ordered my Homey beginning of December last year, the statement was that Homey would be shipped by the end of January 2016. 

Since then that shipment date keeps changing every month and today it states "around Q2 2016".

To a normal customer (not backer) like me this all looks like deception ("misleiding" in Dutch). 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited March 2016
    @Vishwapreet;
    You can and may cancel your (pre-) order at any time.
    Homey will be available for retail 2-4 weeks after pre-orders has been shipped. So I you are tiered waiting and don't want to risk your money, then buy retail.

The value and benefits of pre-ordering is minimal.

(yes yes, i'm already behind my desk....)
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited March 2016
    Deception would imply that it was intentional, in other words, that Athom already intended to postpone shipping back in 2015 when they posted that statement on their website about estimated shipping date January 2016. I'm fairly certain that's not the case. Due to Athom's way too positive view on things, and their always-too-positive estimates, Homey currently still isn't in the state that it should be in before they can start shipped the regular (pre-)orders. Because before they can ship regular (pre)orders, they either need to have the software/firmware stable and doing most of what was promised on their website and in their campaign, or they need to have a consent from the person who placed the order, that he is willing to accept a not-yet-fully-functional Homey and wait for the software updates.

Kickstarter backers may be willing to forgive receiving a not fully functional product, and wait a few more months for it to reach that state, but for regular pre-orders, different rules apply. If Athom would send out the Homey hardware as it is right now, I'm sure that most people who pre-ordered, would return their Homey within 2 weeks, and demand a full refund (simply because Homey as is does not yet do the things that it was marketed to do).

Right now Homey is being tested quite extensively by the Geek backers, and what they find is (slowly but surely) being fixed by Athom. That process takes time... quite a bit more time that Athom had foreseen. Once Homey is stable enough for the Geek backers, they can start shipping to the rest of the backers, and if that goes well, then to the pre-orders.

So you have 2 options:
    - give up, cancel your pre-order and get a refund, or
    - be patient for a few more months, to receive the product as it was intended.

• Here we go again people talking for others when they have no idea what they are thinking or will do when they receive their Homey in the current software state. I for one as a pre-order would not return the Homey within two weeks in its current state. I will just be happy to receive it after waiting for such a long delay. We can then also try and help Athom with squashing the bugs improving Homey where possible. Some of us have experienced the early days of different pieces of hardware where the software is or was in development and are not prone to complaining and returning at the slightest problem.
  • tunftunf Member
    i heard that all homeys will be shipped out tomorrow.
  • +1 to tunf for the good hearing and telling us!!

Saturday I go to MM!!
  • @fuzzybear
    Ofcourse there are always exceptions to the rule. I assume that several of the pre-orders active on this forum, are these exceptions (but I also assume that the vast majority of the pre-orders does NOT follow this forum as actively as you and me). That's why it's good that Athom are planning to offer the option (for the pre-orders) to have your Homey shipped right after all the backers, and not wait until it's a bit more matured (but with that option, I assume that you will have to sign some kind of agreement that you will indeed wait for the software updates and not return it)
    But as regulations are different for backers vs pre-orders, the general pre-order crowd also has to be treated differently.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited March 2016
    Nice to see all Homey on the edge of the table!
    Do I see one Homey with one or more raised feets(front row, second from right) and a second(audio test) cable?
  • keverjeroenkeverjeroen Member
    edited March 2016
    MarcoF said:
    Nice to see all Homey on the edge of the table!
    Do I see one Homey with one or more raised feets(front row, second from right) and a second(audio test) cable?
    Probably it's providing music for the factory-worker.. ;) I read 'AUX' on the Panasonic display..

• tunf said:
    Where do you get this information? This news is just to good to be true!
  • DenWDenW Member
    edited March 2016
    tunf said:
    I know for a fact this is true! They will also send using Same Day Delivery (in the Netherlands..) so you'd better clear your schedule..
  • RoelCollignonRoelCollignon Member
    edited March 2016
    DenW said:
    tunf said:
    I know for a fact this is true! They will also send using Same Day Delivery (in the Netherlands..)
    Jut received the conformation that delivery will be tomorrow. And with a free homey keychain.

• What date is it friday?

• JaxcJaxc Member
    I guess we're April fooled  :'(
  • Of course, April fool's!  :D :D :p
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited March 2016
    Whoop Whoop, 3 hours >:)

Almost forgot; I :heart:  forums
  • keverjeroenkeverjeroen Member
    edited March 2016
    But, tomorrow it is 2 weeks after the last Kickstarter update! So we can count on a new update from Athom friday.
This discussion has been closed.