This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Version 0.8.24

Comments

• Wasn't there talk of a way to export/backup your flows? That would sure make testing a lot easier - having recreated my flows this week I know it has its benefits, but I'm not looking forward to doing it on a weekly basis.

On a different 0.8.24 note, was the "Toggle on/off" card there before? That reduced the amount of flows I had to recreate considerably. Hope it was new to this release and not something I overlooked before :)

Same with the Developer section on the Settings page - new?
  • Fire69 said:
    @emile looked at the problem after @arjan reported it on Slack.
    It was a bug and is fixed now, so the next release should solve your problem.
    In the meantime you can try removing (or just disabling, don't know if that works also) flow that use the microphone.  That seems to get rid of the problem...
    Didn't the problem from Arjan had to do that every speech command and input command didn't get logged in the speech-input page? As far as i know, this problem has nothing to do with the "Oops, server thingy". I followed Arjan's advice and indeed my speech-input logs are being displayed, but still after saying "Ok Homey" (which indeed works fine) i can't command him to give me the time or let him process other flows. It turn orange when i'm talking and then it starts white but nothing happen.
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    We're investigating the 'Oops' problem
  • JaapPeltJaapPelt Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm not able to login via my.athom.com for 2 days now. Has this anything to do with my homey not being able to connect to the server?
  • JaapPelt said:
    I'm not able to login via my.athom.com for 2 days now. Has this anything to do with my homey not being able to connect to the server 
    If you are using a direct link try going to my.athom.com and go from there. Athom changed the Homey URL's. If you are going to my.athom.com already and it shows offline try accessing it trough the local IP. If that does not load either your Homey is disconnected. Happens to me regulary after 0.8.24. The only way to fix it is doing a power cycle.
  • Same here with actual speech, don't want to reset because I don't want to loose my flows :smile: 
  • PeaoPeao Member
    After I updated my Homey gets stuck (orange light) every time I force a reboot. Only a power cycle helps.
  • Indeed I have 14 flows just to manage 2 lights with motion detection don't want to recreate.
    First test after upgrade and a reset was voice training was not working for me tried 10 times and had 0 green 
  • @Emile is it possible to add flows export/import in the next release because as you can understand its allot of work to add and remove complex ones each update. Ofcourse if there is a breaking-change in the flow configuration you can't import from older versions.
  • @kitkat There is a point on their ToDo list with sharing flows. I think import/export will also be included with that.
  • @kitkat There is a point on their ToDo list with sharing flows. I think import/export will also be included with that.
    Yeah I know just wanted to know if they can move it up the priority list because it can be frustrating to add and remove each update
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Why exactly do you have to remove and add flows after each update?
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited March 2016
    Emile said:
    Why exactly do you have to remove and add flows after each update?
    Every update theres something broke . First advise of everybody is reset to default.
    So thats why we w ant backup of flows and devices .

Maybee the oeps goes away with a complete restore to defaults but then i have to restore all flows manualy. also have to find my somfy remote and add all screens again. Hell of a job in a busy live.

Yesterday and this morning my sunrise and sunset flows also stopped working.....
    Was to good to be true they were finnaly working hahaha. 
    Lets see what sunfall today brings
  • Same here, would like to reset to see if this solves my voice-problem, but adding devices and recreating flow (again) is just too much of a hassle every time.
  • TheoDeKoningTheoDeKoning Member
    edited March 2016
    Reading the posts here I starting to doubt that 0.8.24 can become stable.
    Homey was power up in of case that, but is again off now.
    This for 3 weeks and 2 days and counting.
  • Anyone else having problems with freezing Homey? After about 8 hours Homey stops working and only a power cycle will bring it back online.
    I will also try a full reset to see if that will solve this issue.
  • RikPost said:
    Anyone else having problems with freezing Homey? After about 8 hours Homey stops working and only a power cycle will bring it back online.
    Could be an app. Maybe you can check the devtools to see if any app is high on mem or CPU.
  • brinkie said:
    RikPost said:
    Anyone else having problems with freezing Homey? After about 8 hours Homey stops working and only a power cycle will bring it back online.
    Could be an app. Maybe you can check the devtools to see if any app is high on mem or CPU
    Where can I find those devtools? Saw a nice screenshot from Emile on slack with info per app about cpu/mem/... but can't find it anywhere
  • RikPost said:
    Yup, got the same issue since 0.8.24.
  • Today second day in a row that sundown doesnt work. Manual switching the flow works.
    So after just a few days that sundown and sunrise worked. It officialy death again.. :(
  • Just upgraded this morning to 0.8.24... so far running smoothly...
    - Voice training completed with no issues
    - Voice recognition is working in 80% of the cases, even with multiple flows with voice recognition in it
    - KAKU 433MHz is working ok. Does not (yet) freeze
    - Z-wave (3x powernode 6) is working ok; next week my first Fibaro Motion sensor will be added
    - No freeze of Homey (yet), with more than 8 hours uptime
    - Sunset seems to work (today); see my remark in that topic

Only 1 issue with App installation... but "Soundboard" is expecting 0.8.25 (LOL)

So far so good.
  • Fire69 said:
    brinkie said:
    RikPost said:
    Could be an app. Maybe you can check the devtools to see if any app is high on mem or CPU
    Where can I find those devtools? Saw a nice screenshot from Emile on slack with info per app about cpu/mem/... but can't find it anywhere
    I found it in settings, just below Apps. Don't know if you need to do anything for it to appear though.

• Only 1 issue with App installation... but "Soundboard" is expecting 0.8.25 (LOL)

Just installed the soundboard on .24 by customizing the json file, but it's useless yet haha. As Emile stated, the sound api comes with .25 that why it requires you to run .25 >. But still i'm happy with it, going to use it for my doorbell in combination with a custom doorbell mp3 and the loud speaker of Homey :smiley: 
  • Fire69 said:
    http://homey.local/manager/settings/#homey:manager:devkit
  • Reflow said:
    But still i'm happy with it, going to use it for my doorbell in combination with a custom doorbell mp3 and the loud speaker of Homey :smiley: 
    And the next step is adding a camera and specific doorbell when the mother-in-law arrives  >:) 
  • Reflow said:
    But still i'm happy with it, going to use it for my doorbell in combination with a custom doorbell mp3 and the loud speaker of Homey :smiley: 
    And the next step is adding a camera and specific doorbell when the mother-in-law arrives  >:) 
    I have tried to make a flow that as doorbell pressed the camera is showing on tv with the chromecast app. But that's not working. 
  • MatjaLipu said:
    Fire69 said:
    Gives me a white page with a loading logo.  :/
    You don't need to enable something somewhere?
  • Fire69 said:
    MatjaLipu said:
    Fire69 said:
    See the Developer part on the left in settings?

• Is someone else using the ask for confirmation card in a flow on 0.8.24?
    I just noticed that Homey is not waiting for an answer (orange LED), but showing the rainbow LED instead.
    Voice trigger stops at afterwards.
    Manual triggering (via speech input) the same flow (without confirmation card) brings voice triggering back...

I will try to reproduce tomorrow (and file GitHub issue if reproduced)
  • Reflow said:
    Fire69 said:
    MatjaLipu said:
    Fire69 said:
    See the Developer part on the left in settings?

No, it's not there!

Maybe my upgrade to .24 didn't go as it should... Missing this option, voice not working, freezing, ...
This discussion has been closed.