This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Version 0.8.24

Comments

• Fire69 said:
    Reflow said:
    Fire69 said:
    MatjaLipu said:
    Fire69 said:
    Where can I find those devtools? Saw a nice screenshot from Emile on slack with info per app about cpu/mem/... but can't find it anywhere
    http://homey.local/manager/settings/#homey:manager:devkit
    Gives me a white page with a loading logo.  :/
    You don't need to enable something somewhere?
    See the Developer part on the left in settings?

No, it's not there!

Maybe my upgrade to .24 didn't go as it should... Missing this option, voice not working, freezing, ...
    Fire69 said:
    Reflow said:
    Fire69 said:
    MatjaLipu said:
    Fire69 said:
    Where can I find those devtools? Saw a nice screenshot from Emile on slack with info per app about cpu/mem/... but can't find it anywhere
    http://homey.local/manager/settings/#homey:manager:devkit
    Gives me a white page with a loading logo.  :/
    You don't need to enable something somewhere?
    See the Developer part on the left in settings?

No, it's not there!

Maybe my upgrade to .24 didn't go as it should... Missing this option, voice not working, freezing, ...
    same here , loading round and then nothing
  • I think it "unlocks" when you upload a app via athom-cli, because then it knows you are a developer.
  • PandaPanda Member
    Is someone else using the ask for confirmation card in a flow on 0.8.24?
    I just noticed that Homey is not waiting for an answer (orange LED), but showing the rainbow LED instead.
    Voice trigger stops at afterwards.
    Manual triggering (via speech input) the same flow (without confirmation card) brings voice triggering back...

I will try to reproduce tomorrow (and file GitHub issue if reproduced)
    Yes, same problem here see https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/358
  • I think it "unlocks" when you upload a app via athom-cli, because then it knows you are a developer.
    Good one! That could be true, @Fire69 could you test this?
  • Reflow said:
    I think it "unlocks" when you upload a app via athom-cli, because then it knows you are a developer.
    I uploaded a couple of apps through the Athom CLI but never seen this. 
  • Phuturist said:
    Reflow said:
    I think it "unlocks" when you upload a app via athom-cli, because then it knows you are a developer.
    I uploaded a couple of apps through the Athom CLI but never seen this. 
    That's strange, I guess the only one who can give us the correct information is @Emile ;
  • aloftaloft Member
    RikPost said:
    Anyone else having problems with freezing Homey? After about 8 hours Homey stops working and only a power cycle will bring it back online.
    I will also try a full reset to see if that will solve this issue.
    I had to reboot twice (unplug it from power) to get Z-wave up & running again ; Homey wasn't freezed, but Z-wave related stuff didn't work.  The Z-Wave pages had 'loading IDs' for 5+ minutes.  
  • No Change after i shaved my Homey no speech Output because learning failed.complete reset,
    No Change in the speech Input ans Output,whatever i write homey speech out This correct.I have no answer for now what can i do.it seems i have waiting for 0.25?!?
  • EdTstEdTst Member
    Phuturist said:
    RikPost said:
    Anyone else having problems with freezing Homey? After about 8 hours Homey stops working and only a power cycle will bring it back online.
    Yup, got the same issue since 0.8.24.

Yes, here too

And +1 on the backup/restore feature so we can reset homey if needed.

• A full reset didn't do the trick. I only have 3 apps installed and 5 flows.
    No idea what causes Homey to freeze. I haven't seen this issue on Github yet. 
    I'll try some more things as switching off the microphone before adding it to Github.
  • aloft said:
    RikPost said:
    I had to reboot twice (unplug it from power) to get Z-wave up & running again ; Homey wasn't freezed, but Z-wave related stuff didn't work.  The Z-Wave pages had 'loading IDs' for 5+ minutes.  
    I had the same after power down it's working again (zwave also lost group setting)
  • RikPost said:
    A full reset didn't do the trick. I only have 3 apps installed and 5 flows.
    No idea what causes Homey to freeze. I haven't seen this issue on Github yet. 
    I'll try some more things as switching off the microphone before adding it to Github.
    It's on GitHub here:https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/233

I don't think resetting is the solution, seems to be something in the firmware. So giving priority to a backup and restore functionality would not get my vote.
  • RikPostRikPost Member
    edited March 2016
    Phuturist said:
    It's on GitHub here:https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/233

I don't think resetting is the solution, seems to be something in the firmware. So giving priority to a backup and restore functionality would not get my vote.
    Thanks, overlooked that one.
    Today I wasn't able to connect to Homey and it wasn't visible in my network. Just before I wanted to do a power cycle it suddenly started talking 'Oops, I couldn't ...' so is wasn't completely frozen, it just lost his wifi network (as described on github).
  • Now my wife has training homey, learning very fast. But what is the different, the only thing is the higher voice i always try to speak clear but by me homey doesn't understand me:(
  • tunftunf Member
    brot84 said:
    Now my wife has training homey, learning very fast. But what is the different, the only thing is the higher voice i always try to speak clear but by me homey doesn't understand me:(
    My wife also doesn't understand me most of the times.
    to be more serious, there is a big change going on for the voice. In a studio more then 1000 people are training home so lets hope this will be finished soon. This is mentioned in the latest communication mail.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited March 2016
    @brot84;
    If Homey don't understands you, stop trying because it wont understand you until Athom pushed the new trigger.
    The current trigger is based on 3(!, Jeroen, Emile, Stefan) man voices and the new trigger will be based on >1000 (i hope mixed gender voices).

So probably that's why your wifes voice isn't (and i guess most female voice aren't) recognized.
    Does anyone got Homey react on a female voice?

If its not working, stop trying and prevent frustrations because it wont work (in a natural way) and wait a few updates on the new trigger.
  • @emile, will there be a new release today? :smile: 
  • @Marco:Before 0.24 homey understand me the mostly time by the training but now in the 0. 24 homey ONLY understand my wife:) 
  • @emile Any prognose on the Oeps i did it again trouble and maybee some idea on the .25 release.

And people , dont forget , When emile gives a date dont blame him because something holds up that release.

We dont want a nother deathhomygate now do we !

If emile mentiones a date lots op people nag when its a day or more later.
    If emile does not react everybody nags he does not give any information.

Hope you still know most of us get it Emile.

• My two zwave motion detections lost again there group membership. This is already the third time this is happening
  • edited March 2016
    Also when I fill in the correct group number and push the save button it keeps waiting or so for something but it isn't saving

--> edit

Restart zwave chip seems to fix the not saving problem
  • Also when I fill in the correct group number and push the save button it keeps waiting or so for something but it isn't saving

--> edit

Restart zwave chip seems to fix the not saving problem
    This is normal behavior and will happen with any controller. 
    You can't send commands to a battery-powered devices without waking it up manually. When you don't wake it yourself, the command  will be queued and sent when the device wakes up by itself. 
    Maybe there is a bug that does 'ot correctly queues the command. 
    Try waking your device up and then press Save. 
  • mruiter said:

@emile Any prognose on the Oeps i did it again trouble and maybee some idea on the .25 release.

Last information (2days ago) about the "Oops.." that it was a cloud related problem.
  • tunftunf Member
    think it still is as the websites where also down and firmware.athom.nl still is.

• tunftunf Member
    confirmed
  • any update this week ?    thanks 
  • PandaPanda Member
    I don't think we should expect an update this week. 0.8.25 wasn't compiled yet and hasn't reached Athoms internal test channel Jeroen said on slack.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited March 2016
    And because of Good Friday and Easter it probably can/will take some extra days before the next update is released.
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm confused... are we talking about build updates now, or news updates?
    Didn't Emile say they planned to do a news update every 2 weeks? That would mean the next update that we can expect is on April 1 (ahum...).
This discussion has been closed.