This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• I am picking up a second-hand Homey this afternoon. Really looking forward to it.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited March 2016
    Bumblez said:
    Well, it's your choice... but it's a pity. You were able to wait for 2 years, and now that the hardware is completed and the software is quickly improving, you are not able to wait for 2 more months...
    I first need to wait 2 more month.... but i don't see Homey replacing my Vera3 within the upcoming 4-6 month after shipment so its 6-8 month before it can replace my Vera3.

My Vera3 is just to rock solid to ditch it directly after receiving Homey.

In the mean time I need to keep 2 domotica systems up and running with all the problems around that. 

@Bumblez ;;
    I also stopped reading this forum for 2 times the last 2 years..... but the situation didn't got better and in fact it got worse :neutral: 

On this forum its almost impossible to talk about bugs/shortcomings/problems/etc of Homey because if you do, your head is almost instantly smashed by people how say that you are whining, people need to stop reading here and all sort of other "positive" "feedback". 
    That's totally not helping and forums are definitely there for helping people with problems and not only for spreading the so called "positive" message.
  • It's remarkable how a lot of people want to put their head in the sand and advice others to behave as them!
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited March 2016
    Delta said:
    It's remarkable how a lot of people want to put their head in the sand and advice others to behave as them!
    It's remarkable that you're still here after all this time! And being patient isn't putting your head in the sand... it's giving the company some extra time to fix the current issues (as they clearly need that extra time).
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited March 2016
    Bumblez said:
    Delta said:
    It's remarkable how a lot of people want to put their head in the sand and advice others to behave as them!
    It's remarkable that you're still here after all this time!
    Girls, please stop bitching!!

And if you guys want to Bitch; please exchange phonenumbers and meet each other on a local playground and start pull each other heads bald :mrgreen: 

• I'm patient and will wait a couple of extra months. Not having a Homey in my house right now isn't going to be a life changer :-)
    Better for me to wait and have a rocksolid working product in my home than whining prior to that and have lots of dicussions with the boss (my wife)as well when having an early beta product..

Everyone's entitled to make their own decisions and no need to bash them if they decide differently. 

keep up the work @Athom !
  • DenWDenW Member
    @MarcoF ;
    Good to see you haven't lost your sense of humour..  :)
    I do respect your decision and really hope we will see you again in the future.

• @DenW ;
    I'm never going to lose MY sense of humor :smile: 
    I'll be back, but for now I done and lost the faith in the whole proces.

I really hoped and expected to receive my Homey this week and after the last update i gave myself the weekend to make a decision. 

@Athom;
    Please stick to your plan, make it a beautiful product, be honest, don't stop communicate, inform people as early as possible and also see the human side of your clients.

@all;
    please be kind to each others!
    Before you even realized it yourself you are of this planet, money isn't important and be good for our(!) beautiful planet!

• SommoSommo Member
    removed star from this post,
    I should have done long time ago... byebye babies :)

• Hopefully normal discussion can continue now. It's almost impossible to tell how pleased I am with Homey because if you do, your head is almost instantly smashed by people that say Homey is rotten in the core and the guys at Athom are not working hard enough, communicating enough, fixing bugs to slow etc.

My point being, see that it works both ways.
  • @Phuturist ;
    With :heart: 

• BumblezBumblez Member
    edited March 2016
    MarcoF said:
    I first need to wait 2 more month.... but i don't see Homey replacing my Vera3 within the upcoming 4-6 month after shipment so its 6-8 month before it can replace my Vera3.
    Yeah, that sounds about right.

MarcoF said:
    On this forum its almost impossible to talk about bugs/shortcomings/problems/etc of Homey because if you do, your head is almost instantly smashed by people how say that you are whining, people need to stop reading here and all sort of other "positive" "feedback". 
    That's totally not helping and forums are definitely there for helping people with problems and not only for spreading the so called "positive" message.
    Complaining about bugs/shortcomings/etc is also totally not helpful if you're one of the people who doesn't even have his Homey yet... which is the majority of the people complaining.

And yes, I know there's 2 or 3 people here who actually have their Homeys and for whom the majority of the functionality they need doesn't work yet... imho those are the only ones who, at this stage, have a right to complain about those bugs/shortcomings/problems/etc of Homey.
    But even in those cases I would say... try to be patient for a few more months, then check and see how far we are and what still isn't working. Complaining doesn't make the bugs go away any faster, and it won't really make you feel better either...
  • As long as people keep posting in this thread I can wait. This is keeping me thouroughly entertained. I've stopped reading all the other threads, it's just this one and the .20 thread. That's enough.
  • DenWDenW Member
    @Vincent ;
    Glad to be of service.. :smiley: 

• Vincent said:
    As long as people keep posting in this thread I can wait. This is keeping me thouroughly entertained. I've stopped reading all the other threads, it's just this one and the .20 thread. That's enough.
    Hahaha, indeed !!!
  • @Emile ; thanks for the update. Great to see you giving the pre-orders the choice to get a beta product or wait for it to become stable and you keep up in the loop..
  • I :heart: forums
  • I love bèta's! Bug squashing time. 

im in!

• @Emile - Can you provide more detail on the non-EU orders please?  I'm a non-EU geek backer keen to experiment but the last update  suggests pre-orders will be sent before non-EU.  Thanks.
  • honeyhoney Member
    @RussellJohnson ;
    The thing that outside of EU other Z-wave frequency is being used. So it is not a logistical thing but manufacturing. Since the not even the EU version (Beta, KS, Preorder) has been finished the non-eu is further away.
  • DenWDenW Member
    edited March 2016
    nklerk said:
    I love bèta's! Bug squashing time. 

im in!

I'd like to be "in" too... :)
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    edited March 2016
    @RussellJohnson non-EU-backers will be shipped before or at the same time of pre-orders. It depends on our manufacturer's planning, mostly.
  • MarcoF said:

@Bumblez ;;
    I also stopped reading this forum for 2 times the last 2 years..... but the situation didn't got better and in fact it got worse :neutral: 

I think this summons almost everything going on in this special threat.
    On everything you say you'll get: "They are doing their best!" or "why are you not helping?"
    And mistakes keep repeating.

For god sakes:
    They are not some geeks putting randomly stuff together in a backyard, hoping to sell it some times.
    They decided to start a business out of an idea and they got a lot of money from other people supporting that idea.
    And because of that I think one can expect some professionality (sorry for repeating myself) and that they now what they are doing, or better have a plan how thinks should be handled.
    With your state of development and the problems you are facing right now AND the experience you gained during the last years, you should be able to put a reliable timeline out.
    And even if you can't (because you are putting your whole energy in fixing, I know guys) YOU NEED PLANING.
    NOW there are only a hand full devices out there causing you exorbitant problems.
    GET someone consulting you or giving you at least an idea how your business planing should work, if you don't have the time do it yourself.

And I also know that this will cause "smashing" again, but I'm trying to show some deficits others than my homey is not here yet.
    It's a business after all and that should be going on further then delivering the kickstarter and pre-orders, I guess.
  • They are not some geeks putting randomly stuff together in a backyard, hoping to sell it some times.
    There are also not some geeks who listen to random dudes on the internet. 
    I'm not saying I don't agree with what you're saying. I'm just saying you can't expect them to listen to whatever people tell them to do in this topic. I remember in the beginning everybody was really friendly and postive on the forum. But when a community grows larger, you will get people with different opinions. You can't avoid that. So I have accepted Athom will do what they think is right and wait.
  • tunftunf Member
    One week down, 1 to go.
    Kids are training ok, homey now so when it arrives it will be up and running in seconds :D

@athom perhaps a great thing to start is collection who from the customers that did a pre order would like to receive a not 100% stable one. Then we all have time to overthink and react and you all know what will happen so you can take messures. For the record, i'm ready to receive.

The baby room is ready,  all accessories are washed multiple  times and we are ready for our delivery  free days.
  • honeyhoney Member
    edited March 2016
    Vincent said: I remember in the beginning everybody was really friendly and postive on the forum. 

I think the folks on the forum are helpful since the 400pcs have been delivered, everyone try to help the others who have issues. And if an issue surfaces they are constructive.

The others who haven`t received their homey they are not frustrated without reason. But every new batch and firmware update will ease that pain.

• More then 4 weeks and we heard nothing how te shipping is going ....

any bad or good news ?
  • SommoSommo Member
    any news about shipment? just curious to recieve my homey :)
This discussion has been closed.