This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• By guys! 

<3 
  • @JanH I suggest you reread and don't put words in my mouth.
  • If ppl wouldnt flood topic with offtopic trash/bullshit maybe athom would actualy have time to read ontopic stuff, again, any updates on shipment?
  • Maybe this will help you!

• DenWDenW Member
    edited March 2016

Very true.. and nothing wrong with (a little or a lot of) rain. It helps things grow. :)
    But when the rain becomes acidic (and i'm not implying that your post is!) it becomes poison. You either take shelter or (try to) do something about it.

I would also like to get this thread back on topic. However, I feel Athom has communicated an estimation on shipment date in their last Kickstarter update. Let's wait and see if they are able to meet it. And trust that they will communicate if the situation changes.
  • I think athom gave a good idea when it will be released:
    When some basic issues are fixed and some features are added.
  • kitkat said:
    I think athom gave a good idea when it will be released:
    When some basic issues are fixed and some features are added.
    Sooooo...Summer 2017? :)
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    We'll post an update this friday :)
  • honeyhoney Member
    I think things are progressing pretty well. The voice recognition will far from perfect for long, that is a very complicated thing. It is important to have reasonable expectation on both sides.
  • @honey ;
    The expecations are not from a individual!! They have been made by Athom!
    For more than 2 years they hold everybody in a 'virtual' world that it's possible!
    Even new buyers get that 'picture' about Homey!
    So,.. who is legal of having have expectations?

Some members on this forum see critic around the Homey as a negative thing, 
    it's only that the product was 'pictured' by Athom and it is not working on a lot of points.
    When you look at Fibaro Home System 2, Homey would, should be much better according to the employees and Athom. Now when we look after 2 yet=ars,...then,...Homey is far far far away from this.

And, what's the price for about 5 members who works very hard every day? Is the budget solid enough to keep them at work and finish the Homey?
    5 members, let say, a €35.000 per year;  €35.000 x5= €175.000 per year
    all the materials and office so far,....€.......
    hmmmm

• JacobJacob Member
    Still there mr Delta?
  • I still believe in the concept of Homey, 
    but with a sceptic mind about what's happening the last 3 months

• JacobJacob Member
    Great and your right.
    I enjoyed the early day's of Windows (1.0) and all that came after that. Bill Gates earned a lot of money on that while it was a piece of scrap.
    Give the  guy's at Atom some time and feed back bug's. Once the firmware is stable they will start to build your (our) HA heaven
  • I'd love to feed back bugs and help out!..... I need a homey for that though....
  • JacobJacob Member
    Yeah......... me too
  • Delta said:
    I still believe in the concept of Homey, 
    but with a sceptic mind about what's happening the last 3 months

OK, maybe I am more optimistic by nature. I have not preordered a homey, because I won't touch it before I feel it is possible that actually can do what I want and do it well.
    But, all the comments since 0.8.20 seem to head in the direction... "it finally works"/"fixed my ... problem"/etc.
    There are still issues with speach recognigtion accuracy and speed, and I am unsure whether those are fully fixable or ultimately hardware-limited. Overall Athom seems to move ahead at a brisk pace. I have never seen software develop so quickly as this thing here!
    Sure... loads of stuff "to do" but i don't share your sceptisism.... 

• I cant imagine they wil not ship the next in lines, not shipping wil be a very bad move and result in more people canceling their pre orders.

Pre orders wil be the biggest problem, they as homey also said have more legal rights, for example i saw somewhere the usb cable dosnt fit correctly, prity sure pre orders wil complain about that, and even return on that basis.
    not even starting about the software bugs.

People are saying it works much better now in 0.8.20 but if i look at the bugs and things on github it whent up from +/-80 to +/- 100 they are a year plus behind on schedule, people with comments about how fast the development is going need to look at the bigger picture because It just isnt with more then a year delay.
  • DenWDenW Member
    Keep in mind the last 3 months would arguably have been the most taxing period for Athom. They have gone from hard- and software development with setbacks and all to, for the very first time, actually delivering a product to Backers. No mean feat and a stage in product lifecycle not all Kickstarter projects actually reach, to put it mildly.
    They have put their product out there and were immediately given feedback, which i imagine  presented its own share of problems. And, save for some setup issues, that too was handled rather well as far as I can tell from the forum response.

They are making leaps in progress, and I am quite confident Athoms employees are just as eager to get Homey out to customers as we are to receive them (Homeys, not employees..). I am sure they too want to share their work as soon as possible, see customer reactions, see people work with their creation and based on that improve the product even further. Because you can tell from the forum responses of Athom (management and employees) they have a passion in what they are doing. And that is vital for something like this to succeed, vital to bringing a quality product to life.

Indeed, look at the bigger picture. It is a new product. Delays are inevitable. The # of bugs says nothing, the severity of them does and you can not read that from Github (at least not as a number).

When followed from start to finish, I'm sure this would have made quite the Discovery Channel documentary...

So while I understand @Delta ;'s scepticism I certainly  don't agree with it. Starting a company is difficult. Starting a company that sets up its own hard\software ecosystem even more so. Considering the above (and the things they must have run into they can not share) I think it's an accomplishment they can be extremely proud of. 

And I am very much looking forward to their next communication on friday!
  • Most are pre orders, if you look on the website they sell it as a finished product, thats their mistake.
    people ordering expect to get a working finished product and shipped as the website says.

If any company new or old says ships summer 2015 you as customer expect to get the product then period.
    Not a single mail is send about a delay, you have to find out youre self as consumer, this isnt the way it works. 
    Maybe if they kept the pre orders informed a bit more it would also help, but doing nothing donst work, and you can say new company they have to learn, i dont agree on something that simpel and think its misleading customers.

Everyone knows how it works if you say something you have to do it ,if you cant then communicate or dont offer it, you dont even have to have company to understand that.
    With all respect i have seen people here that surpise me that they know how to clean their own ''billetjes'' and even they know how it works. so story new company you can package anyway you want, its not how it works.
  • I just wished i could signup to be a beta pre-order.
  •  

But, all the comments since 0.8.20 seem to head in the direction... "it finally works"/"fixed my ... problem"/etc.
    There are still issues with speach recognigtion accuracy and speed, and I am unsure whether those are fully fixable or ultimately hardware-limited. Overall Athom seems to move ahead at a brisk pace. I have never seen software develop so quickly as this thing here!
    Sure... loads of stuff "to do" but i don't share your sceptisism.... 

Nice for you to see only it works / fixed etc.
    Some basic functions are still broke as broke can be.

Kaku crashes all of the time. RTS fixed, yea i can connect them but after using again Kaku dies until complete power cut. Z-wave is getting better but hangs now and then. Flows have bugs all over for example even the basic Sunrise and sundown dont even work.

So its a broken homey still on 8.20. Keep the faith because even when broken it looks like its becoming a god.

• nklerk said:
    I just wished i could signup to be a beta pre-order.

Yeah same here even offered to not claim warranty or return it for not working as it should, told them that i knew exactly what i was starting on, but they said no.
    based on that i canceled my pre order, 7 months wait with no communication from athom lost my patiance and bought one from marktplaats today
  • Emile said:
    I'm thinking shipping on the 11th for all backers. Preorders two/three weeks later. Anyone else want to guess before @Emile posts the update?

(I know there is no point in guessing, but it helps to pass the time)

• DJF3DJF3 Member
    I'm super exited that Homey is actually shipping products..
    Faster would be nice for me, but so far 50% of my crowdfunding investments went broke or turned out to be scams :#
    I've set my expected delivery date to "around April" :)
    Keep up the good work!
  • JonJon Member
    DJF3 said:
    I'm super exited that Homey is actually shipping products..
    Faster would be nice for me, but so far 50% of my crowdfunding investments went broke or turned out to be scams :#
    I've set my expected delivery date to "around April" :)
    Keep up the good work!
    So true! Look for example at the recent news on one of Kickstarter's most successful projects ever, the Cooler (http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/coolest-cooler-cash-crunch/)

• So not true, I've backed over 15 projects, non of them went bust. I've already received most while homey was the first I backed......

Most things look different when you're standing somewhere else.
  • I backed the Jolla tablet :wink: 
  • So not true, I've backed over 15 projects, non of them went bust. I've already received most while homey was the first I backed......

Most things look different when you're standing somewhere else.
    Same! So far all my backed projects turned out to be okay. Actually just received my Doppler Here buds an hour ago! I fully trust Athom and I believe this is a great opportunity to finally have a capable hardware solution on the market which looks good too. We are receiving the hardware and now it's time to make the software great. As a developer I am going to try to help this community too and I hope a lot of other developers will do the same (hello Geek edition users!).
  • Emile said:
    It's almost the end of the working day?  ;) When will you post the update? I'm curious...
This discussion has been closed.