This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• DD Member
    MarcoF said:
    More info;
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/209#issuecomment-185732078

The 0.8.17 update that is standing by will take longer than usual, because it contains the entire image, and not just the latest changes. 

Love scattered info :heart: 

I believe this is only after the USB-reset, isn't it?
  • I think Jeroen made a Typo....
    0.8.17 is already used,
    .18 is internal test,
    .19 the are working on.

.18 is, so te read, a big full image update.

• edited February 2016
    That is not true, my comment was specific to the reported issue. All updates are incremental, but if your Homey requests the latest update from 0.0.0, an entire image will be downloaded instead of the incremental one. 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    aha Thanx! My bad....

But .17 is already released and .18 is internal tested (if i'm right?)?
  • That is correct.
  • Somehow the 'normal' backers are quiet. Aren't you guys anxious to get better communication from Athom? :)
  • PimBliek said:
    Somehow the 'normal' backers are quiet. Aren't you guys anxious to get better communication from Athom? :)
    perhaps because Athom is silent, we are silent and then we see whoos talking first....

seems to work whit you....   lol

(just joking,  i am also curious how long before we can play (nr 425 here, so....))
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited February 2016
    You know what, I am tired of having to ask for an update every time. I've lost my trust and interest. I was an evangelist for homey in my 'circle', now no more. No decent communication is the best way to kill a potentional hit.
  • +1.
    Athom is killing his own product
  • I'm also stopped promoting..... Buy a Vera Edge plus and you have a very great OOTB noob experience. 
  • A friend of mine just kicked out everything except fibaro stuff. Replace the vera with the fibaro controler and no problem whatsoever. Perhaps a smart move.
  • Perhaps I should sell my Homey while I still can?
  • Delta said:
    +1.
    Hay here is a guy again who canceled his Homey :)
  • Simple yet persevere few days! ;)
  • Delta said:
    +1.
    Hay here is a guy again who canceled his Homey :)
    "A guy"? its the same person who cried in the other topics.. @Delta perhaps it's better to leave the Athom forums if you have no faith in the product! You already made your opinion in the other topic..
  • Bump
  • almost 14 days no info over new shipment?, is production still going on?
  • Slowly i loose my faith in this project. As a per-orderer i hoped i will get my homey in january. So with a little bit Delay i would have my homey to my Birthday on march 4th. But now IT seems that i can hope That they deliver in july. I know IT is not a easy Job for athom these days but how can i explain IT?.... I really can't hold the faith anymore in homey. 
  • What have happened with the weekly update?
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/555/shipment-software-status#latest
    Have they stopped/suspended the production after the geek batch?
  • ArjanArjan Member
    edited February 2016
    According to some earlier comments Homey is still being produced.

There are a few important things which did happen in the past few days which got me worried.

In the past few days i've watched Marktplaats closely and saw Geek Editions switch owners for up to 350 euro's. Off course everybody is free to offer their Geek Edition free in Market. But i'm not sure Athom is really happy with people earning money by having the pre-order. Athom should offer backers and pre-orders a possible early shipping (with known bugs etc) to prevent this sort of trade, i'm willing to pay a surplus by having my Homey delivered. This is just on my mind.

The second thing i noticed in the past few days is there has been a lot of activity on Github, in total there are 225 bugs reported, 75 of them are stil open. 50 of those bugs are 10 days old, which worries me that those bugs are giving the team a real headache. I've been ready pretty much every bug and from those 225 there are a lot of duplicates, which let me conclude that the majority is still open.

I still believe in the product, but i know the competition is not sitting still themselves. Somewhere this year "Toon 2.0" will be announced with more supported protocols and they have their IOS app ready. Hope the team can give a clear update.

*Crying mode off.
  • Hello everybody,
    I can understand al the frustration. I've my homey already and now waiting for a new release of software, because a lot of fixes Should be done in the next two updates. Just wait with all your conclusions until the software is ready. And unfortunaly this could mean that you have to wait a lot of months. The parts of homey that are working are very nice. So have a lot of patient! 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    Thanx werner, I can wait another "a lot of months" after almost 2 years of waiting and a lot of people say I need to have patients 

I also can wait "a lot of weeks" for another shipment/news update. 

I also can wait "a lot of year" for homey to be 100% bug free. 

Software is never ready. 

I also think a lot of (super) early birds are also geeks, the are watching the domotica scene, so the also can handle bugs. 

:heart: 
  • Actually, the most important question is: when does Athom run out of funding. What is their burnrate and how long can they sustain not going to mass retail? if there's no money coming in, and money flows out, there is an end to that. And then there's no Athom, no Homey.

But on the communication side: yeah. It's crap. It did look like it was improving but it has actually worsened. 

I'm trying to stay positive, but it's getting harder and harder. Let's hope .18 and .19 work very well in the field so that they can ship the Normal Backers.

• After this Update i calmed down a littlebit
  • Did you? It raises more questions than it answers really. 
  • phil_s said:
    After this Update i calmed down a littlebit
    Updates always served that purpose. Don`t hang on those too much.
  • I know you are Right @PimBliek and @honey. I am not silly ;-)
  • PauluzPauluz Member
    edited February 2016
    Thanks 4 the update!
  • hi ppl!
    i don't understand the shipment status, i backed for 229E, and my backed number is 600 of 996(total) and i'm in europe.
    where am i in queue shipment status? i'm not pushing to speed up production, just asking :)
    good work and good day to all!
This discussion has been closed.