This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• latscht said:
    As long as it is software error can you send me Homey.
    I am starting to think its both soft and hardware.
  • DD Member
    daylfy said:
    latscht said:
    Based on what exactly?
  • daylfy said:
    latscht said:
    Why? Did you see the solved bugs for the next version?
  • So far I have seen nothing that I believe would have to be a hardware issue. Keep in mind that, at its core, the hardware is actually pretty straightforward... all Homey has to do is receive and send signals. Everything else (including the interpretation of those signals, and the triggers that cause sending those signals) is software (either firmware, or apps)...
  • @Bumblez ;
    Did you follow the development of Homey from day one?
  • @MarcoF
    Not from day 1... I completely missed the Kickstarter campaign (otherwise I probably would have signed up as geek backer as well), but I've been following it for quite a few months now. Why?
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    Then you had known the development/design there own "mainboard"/PCB around the Hummingboard :wink: 

• Well sure, there's a whole computer in there that the software has to run on. It's good that they used the basics of an existing (proven) system there... no use reinventing the wheel. Or are you suggesting that there are indications that there are hardware issues in that part? So far none of the issues I've seen points in the direction of problems in that area.
  • I have a 'preorder' and my expectations are that I will receive my Homey at the end of march, beginning of april.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    The build a whole daughterboard around the hummingboard.
    Neeo had memory problems(3 and 4 paragraph) and after some investigation the found that 1 antenna is influencing the memory bus.

Neeo has 1 antenne, Homey has only 7 antennas
    1. ZigBee
    2. NFC
    3. Wi-Fi
    4. Bluetooth antenna
    5. 868 MHz
    6. 433.92 MHz
    7. Z-Wave module
    There it has stuff like;
    1. IR-LED for sending and receiving,
    2. Multiple mics
    3. External memory chip (bottom corner next to the red heatsink)
    4. External Zwave module
    5. External Zigbee module
    6. (i think) its own power"unit"
    7. audio stuff
    8. the LED ring
    9. etc.

Here's the whole board, not so straightforward if you ask me and its not just a simple extension board.

Big Kudo/+1's/applause/etc for Athom!!! 
  • I think Homey is already great fun for the geek, and it will quickly get more fun and useful for non-geeks as well. We'll see what people can get out of the hardware and where its limitations are, but so far the issues I've seen look like they can be solved in software so I'm actually quite happy and positive about Homey's future!
  • That's what I like to hear some positive vibes. Why are so many people so negative these days. Homey can only get better the more people are working on it and reporting problems so the guys at Athom can work their magic and kill these bugs. 
  • DD Member
    fuzzybear said:
    That's what I like to hear some positive vibes. Why are so many people so negative these days. Homey can only get better the more people are working on it and reporting problems so the guys at Athom can work their magic and kill these bugs. 
    It seems like most of the negative posters don't even have their Homey's yet.
  • MarcoF said:
    Here's the whole board, not so straightforward if you ask me and its not just a simple extension board.

Big Kudo/+1's/applause/etc for Athom!!! 
    Yeah, my comment may have oversimplified it. Even though, at its most basic level, Homey's functionality is all built around sending/receiving signals, there's a lot more going on in the hardware... and there's a lot that theoretically *could* go wrong. But again, so far none of the issues I've read about points in the direction of hardware problems (and it's great to hear MarcoVanDenHout confirm that).
  • @Bumblez ;
    I don't think you should talk that simple about the great work the did with the daughterboard!

• I have the utmost respect for the guys at Athom, and for what they have been able to achieve. And I never said there was anything simple about their design, and the way in which they managed to integrate all these parts and make them work together so well, is amazing. But that doesn't change the fact that, at its most basic level, the purpose of  this hardware is pretty straightforward.

• All that said, I think it is very much time for an update on progress @Emile !
  • @Bumblez ;
    The product could be very straight forward in your eyes, but in the 1860's the predicted the existence of radiowaves,  antennas exists since the 1880's and radiowaves demonstrated. 
    Pretty long existing technologie and HighTech company like Neeo got it down on there knees.

The design could be very straightforward, but making one design mistake and the how product could be trashed. One wrongly placed antenna and a digitale signal can be disturbed or the other way around.

A wheel is a very simple thing, but mounting it wrong can make the whole thing that uses the wheel go down.
  • As I said...
    Bumblez said:
    I never said there was anything simple about their design...
  • *bump*

Time for an update.
  • Indeed!
  • :heart: update please!! :love: 
  • Would love an update to, maybe it's a good idea to have a two weekly timestamp to communicate on progress, as i'm still waiting for my Homey it will be interesting to read how Athom is making progress. This would most likely keep also a lot of negative posts about communication away.

As you at Athom are asking us to stay positive, on the forum, maybe we can also ask you for a two weekly update, this way you can also keep us positive.

We're in this together :-)
  • I assume, but this could be an assumption that the production of Homey is not interrupted and the Homey's are still being produced? Hopefully somebody from Athom could clarify this.
  • I have pleaded for a weekly update of status some weeks ago. Also, not everybody is reading the forum or willing to read through all topics to gather bits of information. 
    @Emile started a topic a while ago but it hasn't been updated for 10 days now.
  • Arjan said:
    I assume, but this could be an assumption that the production of Homey is not interrupted and the Homey's are still being produced? Hopefully somebody from Athom could clarify this.
    Yes, production is still going.  Emile posted that somewhere last week.
  • Great!  :)
  • Cool, progress :)  I guess now they can assign all the resolved issues to the correct milestone
    That makes it a lot easier for people to see what to expect.

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    More info;
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/209#issuecomment-185732078

The 0.8.17 update that is standing by will take longer than usual, because it contains the entire image, and not just the latest changes. 

Love scattered info :heart: 

This discussion has been closed.