This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

For sale: Homey

Comments

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    Or i buy a TV and get a "black" box which isn't playing music/video, the remote isn't working, recording is impossible (like my Sony AndroidTV), it sometimes turn on with loud noise and random images, etc.

To me this sounds not like a working TV :smile: 

• look at the bright side the homey on the black market is rising in price !!
  • Scandalous... those people just bought a Homey to make money off of it.  :(
    If you're selling it just because you don't like it or don't have the time for it, just sell it for the price you paid for it yourself :angry: 
  • Agreed, asking so much more than you paid for it yourself, is ridiculous... especially when you consider that, by the time the Homeys become more useful (ie by the time more apps become available), they will also be for sale at MediaMarkt... maybe even at a lower price than what is currently asked for them at marktplaats etc.

• Who's the idiot here? The one that sells it or the one that buy's it?

The wise thing for Athom to do is communicate! Say what's beeing done about the current problems and give an estimate on when the next batches are delivered. That will to some extend surely stop people selling them and the fuss about it.

Google will never forget! So when potential customers Google for homey they will not see a happy story, even after current problems are solved I'd bet you the negative news will be more found than positive news!

• BumblezBumblez Member
    edited February 2016

The wise thing for Athom to do is communicate! Say what's beeing done about the current problems and give an estimate on when the next batches are delivered.

I agree that communication could be (a lot) better, but the reply to that part is obvious. They're hard at work trying to fix the issues, in order of priority.
    And as Emile posted here , they will "continue shipment when most bugs are fixed!"
    As people are still finding new issues, I think it would be way too early to set a delivery date for the next batch, but personally, I think shipment of the next batch is at least 3 weeks away...

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    This sunday it had my jacket on to buy on Homey in the neighborhood. "Unfortunately" i was to late and looking back at it, it was a emotional decisions and i'm still glad I didn't buy it.

My Vera3 is running "rock solid" and it can take months before Homey at the level he can replace her (Vera).
    I said it before; there's a big chance Homey isn't running anything in the house for weeks, this because it could be the end of the relationship with my Wife if everything is not working anymore.....

The number of bugs is only growing, issues are closed without confirmation of the issuer, so the closed tickets are no indication of things are going good/better/worse. There's a chance that a lot of issues are re-opened after the release of firmware 0.8.18.
  • I agree with MarcoF,
    I have a Domoticz running and I use a lot of different technologies, Z-Wave, RFXcom KAKU, 1-wire, I2C, SmartMeter connection etc. etc.  I'd expect Homey to do a bit more then it currently does but give the guys some slack. It's the first time for them and to optimize the product / software will indeed take some months. I will keep Domotics running for now and will wait for the up-coming updates.

• @Marco: If it's fixed in 0.8.18 I don't mind a ticket is closed but "we're working on it" and "hopefully" is no reason to close a ticket  ;)
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    At work we also use a ticket/issue system and I should not dear to close a issue without confirmation of the end-user or say; "it should be fixed"

An issue is not fixed when the manufacturer thinks or assumes its fixed, an issue is fixed when the issuer/consumer confirms its fixed.
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    MarcoF said:
    At work we also use a ticket/issue system and I should not dear to close a issue without confirmation of the end-user or say; "it should be fixed"

An issue is not fixed when the manufacturer thinks or assumes its fixed, an issue is fixed when the issuer/consumer confirms its fixed.
    If the user thinks the ticket is still valid after an update, he or she can re-open it. It's pretty hard with so many tickets so see what we have to work on.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited February 2016
    @Emaile: Use more labels, like : "blocking 0.8.x", "nice-to-have", "suggestion" etc?
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/labels

• MarcoF said:
    Hoi Marco,

Ik weet niet waarom 10 jaar op marktplaats ineens 'verdacht' is. Normaal is dat juist een teken dat de persoon in kwestie (ik dus in dit geval) geen 1dagsvlieg is ... Ik heb echt niet 10 jaar geleden een account aangemaakt om vandaag mijn homey te verkopen. 

Niet dat ik jou of iemand een verdere verklaring schuldig ben, maar in mijn appartement heb ik op dit moment minder behoefte aan domotica dan ik in mijn vorige (huur)woning had - individuele aansturing radiatoren en beveiligingssysteem met camera's is nu simpelweg niet meer iets dat nodig of nuttig is. Daarnaast kom ik terug van een burnout en moet mijn prioriteiten stellen. Domotica en homey zijn dat op het moment niet. 
    Ik heb dan ook geen klachten over onderdelen die het nog niet zo goed doen. Volgens mij heeft athom het tot op heden uitstekend gedaan, inclusief communicatie naar de kickstsrter backers.

Ik weet alleen niet of de geek transponders in de doos zitten, anders mis ik die nog en is dat mijn enige opmerking voor Athom.

Grz
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    @Emile;
    As @BasVanDenBosch mentioned; labeling.
    Ticket system as Mantis are abele to assign issues to versions and give them a status like; won't fix, fixed in version X.X.X, will be fixed in version X.X.X, etc.

@JanMaartenVanDerValk
    Je bent mij geen verantwoording schuldig en ik was niet diegene die een probleem had met de 10 jaar. De 10 jaar was meer Sarcasme richting andere die juist vonden dat het verdacht was dat 2 personen beide 10,5 jaar actief waren op MP en beide "toevallig" hun Homey voor meer dan de aankoopprijs verkopen.

Dus val mij als je blieft niet aan, je bent ook mij geen verantwoording schuldig, heb er totaal geen problemen mee dat je je Homey verkoopt en ik geef je groot gelijk om hem van de hand te doen :heart: 

• @MarcoF ;
    OK sorry, sarcasme had ik er niet in gekozen :smiley: 

En eens dat ook bij de anderen niet heel veel verdacht was. De geek editions zijn nou eenmaal net afgeleverd en na 2 jaar (sinds het backen) hebben mensen soms opeens andere interesses... :wink: 

• Hi @JanMaartenVanDerValk; if you know MarcoF trough this forum, you know he is full of "sarcasme" :wink: 

greetings,
    Aaron
  • "I Love Forums" :heart: 

• Hoi Jan Maarten,

Via marktplaats je al een mailtje gestuurd (versteeg), heb zeker interesse. Heb je de homey nog?

• Damned, I wouldn't have made my pre order if I just knew this before that so many Homeys are being sold second handed.. I could get it this week..  :s
  • Reflow said:
    Damned, I wouldn't have made my pre order if I just knew this before that so many Homeys are being sold second handed.. I could get it this week..  :s
    So many?!? It's like a dozen or so out of the 400+ that have been shipped. Not all that much if you ask me. People's lives change in 2 years time, I dont think its all that strange that some geeks sell their Homey.
  • Phuturist said:
    Reflow said:
    Damned, I wouldn't have made my pre order if I just knew this before that so many Homeys are being sold second handed.. I could get it this week..  :s
    So many?!? It's like a dozen or so out of the 400+ that have been shipped. Not all that much if you ask me. People's lives change in 2 years time, I dont think its all that strange that some geeks sell their Homey.
    Never told that it will be strange did I? Just saying that I didn't think about this option.. I pre ordered Homey on the first sight!
  • Does anyone know, where I can get a homey without waiting a few weeks?' I doesn't understand the Dutch description on the links. Best regards 
  • If you REALLY want to buy a Homey (Geek edition) right away, while the software is still in the current buggy state, then marktplaats.nl is definitely your best option. Try google translate to convert the Dutch language into whatever you prefer...

Do note, though, that marktplaats has a lot less customer protection in place than (for example) ebay. A lot of sellers don't even accept paypal payments... so the risk is entirely yours!
  • PandaPanda Member
    edited February 2016
    Picked up one yesterday, knowing that the software is in a very early beta stage. I don't mind the buggy software, as I know it will get better over time, but if you can't wait and want one right now and expect a good working system then "you come home from a cold fair" p

• Emile said:
    MarcoF said:

If the user thinks the ticket is still valid after an update, he or she can re-open it. It's pretty hard with so many tickets so see what we have to work on.

If that is the case, you need a different ticketing system... :-)
    Like MarcoF said: You cannot just close a ticket without proper communication.

Maybe combine SCRUM with ITIL (https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_Technology_Infrastructure_Library) ? 
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited February 2016
    Panda said:
    "you come home from a cold fair" 
    For those not as familiar with the Dutch language... that's the Louis van Gaal version of "you're in for a rude awakening" 
  • You can keep issues open and still see easily what to work on:

Compare this: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues?utf8=✓&q=is:issue+is:open

with: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues?utf8=✓&q=is:issue+is:open+-label:zwave

So, why not make a label for 'fixed in a next version' (fixedUnreleased) and search for to be fixed issues with:

is:issue is:open -label:fixedUnreleased

This discussion has been closed.