This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Virtual devices

I like to see the option to add virtual devices 

Comments

• i know why you ask this, with domoticz you can add virtual devices where you can trigger some things with. It can be usefull in some situations
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    Why not?

Because you can make special thinkies for devices.

Must weather station like devices only report RH and not Absolute Humidity. So it would be nice to have a device that shows the calculated Absolute Humidity.
    Also thinks like Virtual switch for a washing machine could be handy. Create some logic that sets on start cycle a "switch" called "running" to "true" and when the device is finish you can set the "switch" called "running" to "false".
    On status change of "switch" called "running" you can trigger stuff (send mobile notification or email).

• Here are looking for a delay timer. Because I needed more then one you can treated like a sort of virtual remote.

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/638/delay-timer

• spamenigmaspamenigma Member
    edited February 2016
    I'd like this also! The ability to activate a flow or command as if its a device, especially useful on mobile. Or show the status of something as a virtual device. Same as you could with the Fibaro HC2.
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Just install the KlikAanKlikUit app and pair a new socket by generating a random signal. Done :)
  • Emile said:
    Just install the KlikAanKlikUit app and pair a new socket by generating a random signal. Done :)
    nice tip! stupid i didn't think of that!
  • like a virtual switch for when iam at home then put virtual switch on or when pc 
  • If possible I want to add devices to my variable module. So you van set a variable based on a switch... 
  • @Uranday Greate 
This discussion has been closed.