This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Delay timer

First even my point of view to overcome misunderstandings. That is from KaKu devices.
To the look of the other branches it seems to me that they can have the same kind of using it.

The delay timer on a card in the ...then column can only used for a short delay and is not going back to 0 when the flow starts again.

So using a delay timer that you can start, stop and/or cancel would be nice.
In JavaScript there are 2 commando's that you can use for that, setTimeout and clearInterval.
In a simple test for the KaKu ICS-1000 it woks how I like it.

What status would a delay timer have to get.
Because it delays often a device, remote, wall switch, sensor, ect., also a device in itself.
 - This way you have solved the naming of a delay timer.

To used in the when... column it can again have the same rules as other sending devices.
Remote: name(chan, row, button)  -  Motion: 2 cards, name(detected / not detected).
 - Timer: 2 cards, name(on / off).

In the ...and... column may be also the 2 cards name(on / off)

Further in the ...then column 3 cards name(start / stop / cancel). Only the start card has a value field: name(start, value).

Other cards in the 3 columns is of course possible. 

Need every branch, Hema, Elro, KaKu, enz. a separated delay timer part or can it done one time in Homey.

My 2 cents for a delay timer.

Comments

• Thanks for helping.
    Close this thread.
  • your welcome....

I'm not getting your post... maybe its me... 

I think most people mis some context, because the have no homey, and not getting it.

:heart:
  • PeaoPeao Member
    edited February 2016
    Maybe you could record a video of it, so we can figure it out.  :#
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    i've read this post for 4-5 times now, but totally missing the point/question/problem or what else you trying to say with it.

Maybe you could try to make it more clear to us so we can help?
  • @MarkoF Maybe the quarter falls after a certain delay. ;)
  • @MarkoF Maybe the quarter falls after a certain delay. ;)
    LoL 
  • There are a lot of treads witch I don't understand what the meaning is.
    Only I don't put a single question-mark as a reaction.
    Then I wait for others that can give a real answer and learn also from them or skip that tread if it is not needed for me.

May be if you have your own Homey you understand it better.
    Looking to the latest video you can get an idea of the flow editor and the card there using.

• The way I read it, there is a problem with the delay timer as it does not go back to 0. The poster is also stating it would be handy if the delay timer would have options (tags) that could be stated, such as stop, start and cancel within the flow. (The and ... When ... Then ... Columns).

Please correct me if I am wrong. 
  • That's correct @fuzzybear.
    To make it a device on it own with the proposed options in the cards.

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    Thanx for clearing it @fuzzybear ;

But if this is a issue, why not issuing it on github? 

:heart: 
This discussion has been closed.