This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

[Video] Homey and Doorlock

13»

Comments

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    OK, so the OOTB experience is good and all generic devices should work.

Who makes a great Zwave-networking video based on 10+ devices of multiple brands and different types?
    Should be a piece of taart to make such a network and video.
  • As a zwave noob it's already hard to follow this thread. As Taco mentioned it will be more user friendly in the future but it would help me a lot if there is some documentation from Homey perspective on adding zwave devices (of which I can understand currently does not have priority).

I think the design choice made by Athom in not having a database but being able to configure each device is a good one as it has more potential on supporting every device out there but this choice reduces ease of use.

I have a couple of greenwave devices (1 and 6 node sockets) waiting for my Homey to arrive and I would not know how to set this up based on what I read here. I'll do some more reading myself but more documentation from Athom would help a lot. Hopefully this is part of the new website. 
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited February 2016
    Phuturist said:
    As a zwave noob it's already hard to follow this thread. As Taco mentioned it will be more user friendly in the future but it would help me a lot if there is some documentation from Homey perspective on adding zwave devices (of which I can understand currently does not have priority).

I think the design choice made by Athom in not having a database but being able to configure each device is a good one as it has more potential on supporting every device out there but this choice reduces ease of use.

I have a couple of greenwave devices (1 and 6 node sockets) waiting for my Homey to arrive and I would not know how to set this up based on what I read here. I'll do some more reading myself but more documentation from Athom would help a lot. Hopefully this is part of the new website. 
    As I said a few posts back, it all looks harder than it is :)

I checked for your Greenwave devices.  It's basically the same thing as for Fibaro (and any other z-wave device).
    There is a sync button on your device.  This is used for adding it to Homey.
    In the Homey device interface, you click on the + to add a device, then select Homey and Z-wave.  You get a screen with some info and press Next to start looking for new devices.
    On your Greenwave, you hold the sync button for 1 second to make it visible for Homey.

If all goes well, Homey finds your device and adds it.
    Done :)

The only tricky part for the moment is the associations.  And that is not always a 'problem'.  I added my roller shutter module and 2x relay without changing the associations and both worked right away.
    After that I did change the associations as proposed by Taco, but I don't know if this was really necessary :)
  • Thanks for clarifying @Fire69. I missed your posted while typing my message. I hope the question mark in the polling field explains more on what needs to be set there to enable the power consumption data. But it seems indeed this discussion is only making it look harder then it actually is.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    Its not so difficult to set the asso. its more the fact that the Vera3 uses a DB and 98% of the devices are plug&play and you totally don't have to look at the config.
    With Homey, for now, you need the manual of each device to see of the manufacturer demands different asso. and what you should config. 

So for now Homey needs more work and my experience with Z-Wave manuals is not that good. From very well and clear documentation to half a post-it paper with some "getting started" info.

So indeed its not hard to config in Homey, but the fact that you need to config and finding the right associations in manuals can be difficult/hard especially if a noobs Zwave knowledge is not good and/or her/his English is not zo goed :smile: 

• If you are wondering in which group the association of your z-wave module has to be made, there is a way to find this out if you can't find this in the manual and you have another controller than Homey present.

For example, in Domoticz I can go to the hardware tab. Find your controller (in my case a Z-Stick S2) and press the settings button. From node management, choose groups & networks, and you can see which associations have been made. (Assuming these are correct and your module is working well with your current setup.) This probably will work with other controllers as well.
  • djeskodjesko Member
    edited February 2016
    i use this to find some settings when needed http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/

• Refreshing Node:
    That works perfekt, it instantly finds the Danalock. Would it be possible to automate this once a z-wave device can't be found? @Taco ;

OOB Z-Wave:
    Connecting the Danalock with Homey was an OOB experience. Just had to include the lock and then it was usable.
    The only thing thing I had to do manually was setting the association group. No big deal.

Question @All , maybe off-topic, but whats the topic here at all?! :wink: : 
    How can I force my fibaro sensors to update more frequently? In Insights I've got only data logged every 3 hours. 
    I am aware of the "Z-Wave wakeup interval" setting,  I set it to 1, am I right that this lets the sensor send data every second to Homey?  Or does the sensor update Homey automaticly once a change is messured (Temp/Movement etc.).
    Anyway, my Fibaro Sensors don't seem to update frequently, which causes that the generic alarm is on in a room that I've left one hour ago. Just would like to know if my settings are the problem, or something else.
  • Fibaro Multisensor is by default set to wake up every 7200 and report his values.
    Unless there is motion, or temp/luminance changes by more than a certain value.
    This can all be set by parameters.
    Normally Homey should receive any big changes immediately.
  • Temperatuur does not trigger a alarm (if i stand correct), but the reportinterval is a parameter that can be set from within the Z-wave interface off Homey (sea earlier screenshot in this topic) in the field Z-Wave configuration. Check the manual off the device to know the specific parameter id and it possible values.
  • Ok, so I guess I'll have to wait since this is not my or my sensors fault?

Here is a screenshot of my log. The "resolution" of the graph is too low: from looking at the violet/blue graph you could think that sunrise was at 4 a.m.

• Can't test it for the moment, did something stupid and not I can't get my sensor connected anymore :)

BTW, my Hues aren't showing up in Insights. Did you do something to get them listed there?
  • No, I just installed the Hue App and connected the bridge. :neutral: 

• Hm... weird.
    How do you control them?  With Homey or another app?
  • If I am alone with homey and speech, otherwise with Hue Pro for Android.
  • Timo,
    You will have to wake the device up after changing a parameter to get the parameter accepted directly. Otherwise it can take a while. For the motion sensor / smoke sensor / flood sensor from Fibaro it's pressing the button 3 times I believe.
  • Thanks I will try this when at home.

• Has anyone experiences with a Danalock V2 with a 3 point doorlock (Nemef) ? According to the Danalock website it must be possible to use Danalock for these locks.
  • I was thinking about buying a Danalock, but the guy who sold it said he had to sell it because of his GF and the Noise the lock made.
    This movie also shows a lot of noise. Is it because of the camera of does the lock really make that much noise?
  • I was thinking about buying a Danalock, but the guy who sold it said he had to sell it because of his GF and the Noise the lock made.
    This movie also shows a lot of noise. Is it because of the camera of does the lock really make that much noise?
    I makes a lot of noise ,  my wife did not approve ! 

• Yes it is not very quiet. ;)
  • Taco said:
    I mentioned that the lock seems to lose connection after a while, when I reboot homey or use the lock mit my smartphone it becomes aviable again. Will this be fixed with the full implementation of its command class ?
    If one command isn't acked or no reply is received the device becomes unavailable. I'm planning some tweaks to make this more reliable. You can try selecting it in the dropdown, in the settings, and press Refresh Node.

So I should set group 3 to 1.
    Yes

I checked the setting of the main node.  Group 1 is set to 1.0 ??
    If I remove that from group 1 and enter 1 in group 3, I can't save it... When I change it back to what it was, it saves right away.
    Can you post a screenshot?
    @Taco are you going to create a fibaro app?
    Yes.
    Update: The lock works perfectly using homey. I used it now for 2 days and have no more complaints. 
    All flows containing the lock work smooth and quick and it doesn't lose connection. I don't know what caused the connection loss at the beginning.

The only thing that doesn't work well ist the flow card as trigger "If a lock is opened then...". And it is not clear for me if I have to use homey to open the lock to trigger this or if any device sending this command (smartphone) would trigger this. None of this works atm.
  • Great to hear :)

The Danalock doesn't support associations. This means Homey isn't notified when the lock opens or closes (unless it instructs the lock itself).
  • Ahh ok, thanks for clarifying!
  • I have the Z-Wave Danalock but i don't can't pair it with homey, i have pressed the button smarthome in the danalock app and then i set homey in the pairing mode but nothing happens, what goes wrong? I have make a full reset for the best inclusion expierience. 
  • PeaoPeao Member
    I did set homey into inclusion mode ( add new z-wave device). then I hold the "button"  of the danalock until it beeped 2 times. that worked for me.
This discussion has been closed.