This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Android app

13»

Comments

• edited December 2015
    It would be nice to be able to specificy what IP adres the app should connect to. In my home situation i use my router as VPN endpoint and reroute all the internet traffic of my mobile devices through the VPN connection. 
    I can also reach internal devices (like homey) that way securely. 

A device like Homey should not be reachable from the internet directly. Never. 

Setting up port forwarding is basically connecting Homey directly to the internet. 

In what way is Homey communicating with  the App? Is it a REST interface? 
    IMHO the only way to come close to a secure solution is to work with client/server TLS. Only when the TLS handshake is correct, a secure session is setup. All this is done at htp server level, before the homey application logic is touched. But how do you give each client an unique X509v3 certificate? That is difficult. Is homey itself a certificate authority that gives out (self signed) certificates? Also not really a practical solution.

There are also other solutions, like each app generates an unique id (based on the device-id) that has to be granted access on homey (an admin page only accessible from the internal network). Again communication is through an encrypted session. An OAUTH solution can also be a possible way. But then again you will need a 3rd party.

Anyway jut some thinking about ways to make a secure direct connection :). I am sure you guys already thought about such things.
  • You really need to update the app's icon. Some shading on the sphere might be nice. It is the first things I have seen from you guys which does not look gorgeous. 
  • Will the Android app be able to use events on the phone to trigger a flow. For instance a flow:
    "if phone is hooked to charger between 22:00 and 02:00 then put all lights out".

(I'd also like to see a Tasker plugin for Homey for further integration and automation but that is probably up to the community).
  • Phuturist said:
    Will the Android app be able to use events on the phone to trigger a flow. For instance a flow:
    "if phone is hooked to charger between 22:00 and 02:00 then put all lights out".

(I'd also like to see a Tasker plugin for Homey for further integration and automation but that is probably up to the community).
    Not yet, but when I add the widgets, this is quite easy to add as well. What events do you have in mind, besides "When phone is charging at time?"
  • If phone is in silent mode and charging,  play sound on sonos if someone is calling. 
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited March 2016
    Here are a couple:

- When phone rings and TV/media player/etc. is playing then send pause command
    - When SMS is received flash living room light
    - On phone notification flash led ring (perhaps even a specific color for a specific notification, f.e. green for a WhatsApp notification)
    - When "app" does this then trigger this flow
    - when battery level is below 15% let me know

Having all this in the app would be awesome, a Tasker plugin however would bring the same functionality and probably more and might be the quicker route.
  • djesko said:
    If phone is in silent mode and charging,  play sound on sonos if someone is calling. 
    Phuturist said:
    Here are a couple:

- When phone rings and TV/media player/etc. is playing then send pause command
    - When SMS is received flash living room light
    - On phone notification flash led ring (perhaps even a specific color for a specific notification, f.e. green for a WhatsApp notification)
    - When "app" does this then trigger this flow
    - when battery level is below 15% let me know

Having all this in the app would be awesome, a Tasked plugin however would bring the same functionality and probably more and might be the quicker route.
    Terrific ideas! I can't promise anything, but I'll see what I can do! I'd like to have those myself as well :)
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    superice said:
    Terrific ideas! I can't promise anything, but I'll see what I can do! I'd like to have those myself as well :)
    Wouldn't the easiest and most flexible solution be to add a Tasker plugin, so you can basically trigger Homey flows from within Tasker?
  • Yeah Tasker would be awesome!
  • Or more generic plugin so it can be used with Automate, AutomateIt, Tasker and all other automating/trigger apps?
  • Net een account aangemaakt, geconformeerd met e-mail, kan echter met de app niet inloggen, krijg de melding email account niet bekent, kan wel op forum inloggen.

Bekend probleem?

• bschoppi said:

Net een account aangemaakt, geconformeerd met e-mail, kan echter met de app niet inloggen, krijg de melding email account niet bekent, kan wel op forum inloggen.

Bekend probleem

English please 

Br Niklas 

• bschoppi said:

Net een account aangemaakt, geconformeerd met e-mail, kan echter met de app niet inloggen, krijg de melding email account niet bekent, kan wel op forum inloggen.

Bekend probleem?

Yep: you probably registered for an account on the forum, not for an Athom-account (because the forum was there before our own systems, those two are separate accounts). This indeed is a bit unclear. Just go to https://accounts.athom.com to register for an Athom-account there.
  • Sorry, just made my account, confirmed with email, can log in on forum, but when signing in on app, I get he message email adress not exist.

No Homey connected (still waiting). just wanted to see/trie App.

Known problem?

• bschoppi said:

Sorry, just made my account, confirmed with email, can log in on forum, but when signing in on app, I get he message email adress not exist.

No Homey connected (still waiting). just wanted to see/trie App.

Known problem?

Check the post above please register at https://accounts.athom.com/
  • On my HTC One SV (4.2.2) the app can be installed, shows a wave for listening, can be commanded, but doesn't show my devices, screen is blank. My Nexus 10 does show what it needs (for now;))
    Phone is rooted, btw

Maybe a resolution thing or so?
  • Emile said:
    superice said:
    Wouldn't the easiest and most flexible solution be to add a Tasker plugin, so you can basically trigger Homey flows from within Tasker?
    Yeah Tasker! 

Using Tasker now icm with the http app works like a charm but requires more typing then with a true plugin ;)
  • Would love to have the ability for longer notifications/ask for confirmation. 

Now there are a couple of words visible, would like more lines! :smile: