This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official Z-Wave SDK2

[App] ID Lock Z-wave - Main Discussion topic (v1.0.1)

TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
edited January 2018 in Apps

ID Lock (Z-wave)

This app adds support for ID Lock Z-wave devices made by ID Lock AS working on the Z-wave protocol.

Links:

Supported devices

• ID Lock 101 (incl. Z-Wave module board 01A), features:
    • Door lock / unlocked
    • Door open / closed (contact alarm)
    • Heat alarm
    • Tamper alarm
    • Battery (alarm)

Supported Languages:

• English

Any requests please post them in the ID Lock topic on the Athom Forum or contact me on Slack    
If possible, please report issues at the issues section on Github otherwise in the above mentioned topic.     

Change Log:

v 1.0.1
* Remove (and overrule) default getOnOnline triggers to try to resolve battery draining issue

v 1.0.0
* App store release for ID lock 101 (including Z-Wave module board 01A)
Tagged:

Comments

• Hi,

I've been looking for a good z wave door lock for my main door, that is/will be compatible with homey.

ID lock looks like a promising z wave+ product, but I don't really know whats needed for making an app for this. The company pointed me to this pdf, but I don't really know if it will suffice. Can anyone help?
    I did som basic jsp-programming back in university, so hopefully the learning curve shouldn't be that steep.

• Did you ever get anywhere with this? I have an ID-Lock that I'd love to get working in homey.
  • Nope. I also hope someone competent can make an app, looks like a promising product. Are you satisfied with yours?
  • The lock is great. I went from a Danalock to the ID Lock, and the difference in quality is astounding. At the moment I have it paired with my old Fibaro HC2. Works great, the pairing process went flawlessly. I even dusted off my old Homebridge to Fibaro bridge so I can use Siri to lock and unlock the door, plus I get notifications via HomeKit when the door is locked/unlocked.
  • Good to hear! I've read somewhere if you have lost a rfid key to the lock, the only way to practically exclude/delete it was to re-pair all the remaining valid keys again. Hardly a good solution since I have valid keys that are not in my possesion (my extended family etc). Is this still the case?
  • It is, for the moment. The Z wave module have functionality to remove/pair a single key without needing to start over, but there's no software that supports it yet.
  • You say that the difference is astounding, but is it working well as a lock?

How is the hardware of the lock itself? I keep having issues with smart locks where I am getting false locking updates. But that is because the motor on the bolt is not strong enough to force its way into the strike.

Is the convenience what is good, or is there also a good level of security and overall lock effectiveness?
  • It's working very well. This is my third lock, I've had a Glue, a Danalock and now this. There's no comparison. Well, there shouldn't be really as both the Glue and the Danalock are aftermarket add-ons to existing locks and the ID Lock is a complete product where you change the whole lock including the locking mechanism itself. A bit more complicated, but the end result is much better.

It locks and unlocks in under a second. I've never had it fail, and as far as I know I've never missed an update. I have a very high level of confidence that it'll lock itself behind me when I leave the house, so high in fact that I've actually stopped checking, and it hasn't failed to unlock itself once. I'm starting to sound  bit like a fanboy here, but I'm actually very impressed with it. The only downside is on the software side, where I don't think there's any platform today that supports the lock 100%.
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited March 2017
  • MbenzNoMbenzNo Member
    Hey!

Did anyone succeed in making an app for Id Lock? I am no programmer myself, and would like to se an app for this lock.
  • jordenjorden Member
    This requires z-wave knowledge, which is a complete different kind of ballgame than the other types of apps. I bet @baskiers of Athom could create one real quick if he had one of these locks.
  • I contacted ID lock by Facebook message, and asked if they could make an Homey app for ID lock. I gave them links to https://developers.athom.com/ for information. They responded that they would look into it.

It would probably be a good Idea if more people contacted ID Lock with a request for a Homey app.
  • anneanne Member
    It looks like a good product, not too long ago I had a multi-point lock ('meerpuntssluiting') fitted though  :o

Some thoughts on an app, I think the changes of ID Lock making a Homey app are slim to none, at the very least someone would have to send a Homey to Norway  :/ 

An app will need to come from the community, or perhaps Athom, if they have the time and someone provides a lock.

Creating an app should be straightforward, as mentioned above, https://apps.athom.com/app/com.yalelock could serve as an example. The zwave details of the lock appear to be well documented, refer to http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/2293. The product ID is 2293, enter it in https://developers.athom.com/library/zwave/generator/ and you have the app.json file for the app, it's a start ;-)

• MAROMARO Member
    I also hope that somebody with the right knowledge can make this app for the idlock smart lock.
  • swtttswttt Member
    Looks nice, but seems expensive. Kinda happy with my Nuki now. But looks like something i might buy in the future :smile:
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited July 2017
    I tried to contact ID lock on this question, so far no response (at all)...
  • Just received an initial response that I will get a response after the summer holidays (beginning of August)...
  • Any news on this topic?
  • jani said:
    Any news on this topic?
    No, didn't get a response yet. I will check once more.
  • I have this lock to, if they supprt idlock i will get one Homey, today I have HC2
  • I have this lock to, if they supprt idlock i will get one Homey, today I have HC2
    I have a Homey and if it would support the ID-Lock, I'd buy an ID-Lock :-)
    Seems like it would be beneficial to both parties if it was to get support
  • JPeJPe Member
    Just received an initial response that I will get a response after the summer holidays (beginning of August)...
    Hi Ted, are summer holidays already over? Did you receive any response yet?
  • JPe said:
    Just received an initial response that I will get a response after the summer holidays (beginning of August)...
    Hi Ted, are summer holidays already over? Did you receive any response yet?
    Mine are long gone.
    Requested an update at ID Lock, hope to get an update by early next week due to absence of their CEO.
  • Yeah, what is it?  :|

Oh yes :-) I see now that it is you :-) does it work ok ? it is no problem to install on Homey when I get it today ? (new to this)
    Oh yes :-) I see now that it is you :-) does it work ok ? it is no problem to install on Homey when I get it today ? (new to this)
    To answer the question with some more ASCII's
    So, yes I made an initial version of a ID Lock app with initial support for the ID Lock 101 lock.

@jani tested this app and driver for me (in lack of a having a test unit myself) and basic operation (lock / unlock) seems to be working correctly.

What is not working:
    - Notifications (in case of e.g. wrong code)
    - RFID operation / changing settings

Not tested:
    - Battery reporting has not been tested yet (just added polling of the battery)
    - Changing parameters

I expect to need a lock myself for additional debugging to get the notifications and RFID operation working;
    awaiting feedback of IDLock on this.

So testing of this app / driver is at your own risk.
  • johnniemalmjohnniemalm Member
    edited October 2017
    Yeah, what is it?  :|
    To answer the question with some more ASCII's
    So, yes I made an initial version of a ID Lock app with initial support for the ID Lock 101 lock.

@jani tested this app and driver for me (in lack of a having a test unit myself) and basic operation (lock / unlock) seems to be working correctly.

What is not working:
    - Notifications (in case of e.g. wrong code)
    - RFID operation / changing settings

Not tested:
    - Battery reporting has not been tested yet (just added polling of the battery)
    - Changing parameters

I expect to need a lock myself for additional debugging to get the notifications and RFID operation working;
    awaiting feedback of IDLock on this.

So testing of this app / driver is at your own risk.

ok, that I understand,give me a few days as I have 2 locks like this (101) I will try this for you.

and about Changing parameters, that would be great, but as it is not possible now anyway, tha most critical is lock/unlock and see if it is locked/unlocked

thanks

• @johnniemalm your effort is appreciated....
    is it possible to contact me on Slack (athomcommunity.slack.com, invite via athom.com)?
This discussion has been closed.