This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official Z-Wave SDK2

[App] ID Lock Z-wave - Main Discussion topic (v1.0.1)

124»

Comments

• TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited August 2018
    Ok, couldn’t resist:

If someone is willing to verify if the ID Lock 150 is working based on the 101 driver, please follow below steps:

1. download the ID Lock app from 
    https://github.com/TedTolboom/no.IDLock
    2. Modify (with an text editor) in `/app.json`: on line 132-134:
    manufacturerId": [          560        ],
    into:
    manufacturerId": [          560, 883        ],
    3. Save the file 
    4. Install the Command Line Interface (CLI), as explained in this guide (step 1-3, with Node.js 8.9.4): https://developer.athom.com/docs/apps/tutorial-Getting Started.html
    5. Run the app in debug mode via ‘Athom app run’
    6. Remove the ID Lock from Homey and re-include based on the new app; it should be recognized now
    7. Copy from the logging and post here (as text file) the Node overview showing all command class versions supported by the 150
    8. Abort debug mode (CTRL-c) and install the same app via ‘Athom app install’
    9. Check and report what is working and what not
  • StianStian Member
    Thank you for your effort.  I have no programming experience, but managed to install the modified 150 version and it worked! Yeah! Really cool. 

The battery % is a bit strange, but apart from that it works great!
  • StianStian Member
    It does not work in flow, but that may do to the method? Not being an official app? 
  • Stian said:
    Thank you for your effort.  I have no programming experience, but managed to install the modified 150 version and it worked! Yeah! Really cool. 

The battery % is a bit strange, but apart from that it works great!
    Great work!
    On the battery reporting, I received the following feedback from ID Lock:
    Regarding the battery reports of the ID Lock 101, this occurs under the following condition:
    1.           Door is unlocked from keypad/RFID, or locked by key-button
    2.           Door reports “twinkle, twinkle” sound if battery voltage is below 5,2V
    3.           Door reports Low battery condition (FF) on the Door Lock Command Class
    You are correct, on the ID Lock 101 battery low warning is only sent when the battery is low and during the unlock/lock action.
    So I might remove the actual battery level and replace it with the battery alarm capability.
    Stian said:
    It does not work in flow, but that may do to the method? Not being an official app? 
    A side loaded app has full functionality; only a bit more effort to install it...
    Can you indicate what is not working in the flow?
    A trigger card when the door is opened/ unlocked or an action card to (un)Lock the Lock?

Can you still post the node overview of the 150? By taking the following steps:

5. Run the app in debug mode via ‘Athom app run’
    7. Copy from the logging and post here (as text file) the Node overview showing all command class versions supported by the 150
    8. Abort debug mode (CTRL-c) and install the same app via ’Athom app install’
  • Hi, 
    I tried again and now it worked in flow also. So all good! Thanks!
  • Stian said:
    Hi, 
    I tried again and now it worked in flow also. So all good! Thanks!
    Good to hear!
    Can you still help me with the node overview as asked above?
  • Here is the screenshot and txt file

• Thanks @Stian ;
    Will use this to finalize the 150 implementation.
  • Great work Ted and stian, very much appreciated. I've ordered a IDLock 150 today and will receive it in acouple of days. If there's anything I can do for testing/troubleshooting just let me know.
  • mansicamansica Unconfirmed, Member
    edited August 2018
    Good to hear there is some activity on this app. However, I tried to add my ID Lock 150 using the guide above but can't get it to work. The lock is not found when I try to include it. I don't get anything in the log either. i'm probably doing some mistake. Can you please help me out. On a note I can also add that I'm not following the instructions in the app how to put the lock in inclusion mode but using the description provided by the ID Lock 150 user manual.
  • mansica said:

On a note I can also add that I'm not following the instructions in the app how to put the lock in inclusion mode but using the description provided by the ID Lock 150 user manual.
    Can you try again and follow the app description to put the lock in inclusion mode?
    Since Homey indicated that no Z-wave device has been found, the lock’s inclusion mode was either not activated (properly) or the Lock was out of reach...
  • spirrespirre Unconfirmed, Member
    Hi, 
    Tried this workaround and works fine :) 

• spirre said:
    Hi, 
    Tried this workaround and works fine :) 

Thanks for the feedback!

Can you provide feedback (for @mansica ) how you triggered the inclusion mode; by following the apps instructions or following the manual?
  • spirrespirre Unconfirmed, Member
    @mansica i pressed open door button and hold it so keypad light up - enter masterpin * - press 2 and * - then press 5 
    before that you should have your homey in add mode in the idlock app.
    spirre said:
    @mansica i pressed open door button and hold it so keypad light up - enter masterpin * - press 2 and * - then press 5 
    Thanks for the input @spirre. I'm, however not able to include my lock. I fear my z-wave device is not working properly. It is very hard to know though when you don't get any feedback from the z-wave device that it is active. (Usually there is a led indicating inclusion mode). I'm also a bit puzzled that the log is empty when running the app in debug mode. One other thing I have in mind is what version of homey you are running. I have installed the latest stable version, 1.5.12.
  • mansica said:
    spirre said:
    Thanks for the input @spirre. I'm, however not able to include my lock. I fear my z-wave device is not working properly. It is very hard to know though when you don't get any feedback from the z-wave device that it is active. (Usually there is a led indicating inclusion mode). I'm also a bit puzzled that the log is empty when running the app in debug mode. One other thing I have in mind is what version of homey you are running. I have installed the latest stable version, 1.5.12.
    @mansica due to the security setup of Homey, you will only see logging in the debug log of the IDLock app once a device is succesfully added based on that device...

If the inclusion dialog of Homey still shows "No Z-wave device has been found", please try to move Homey closer to the IDLock (to ~ 2 meters) and retry to include the IDLock once more..
  • For all IDLock150 users...
    I've branched of the IDLock150 driver within the IDLock app, since the IDLock150 has more settings to support.

New app update is available in the development branch:
    https://github.com/TedTolboom/no.IDLock/tree/development
    You will need to remove and include the IDLock150 based on this new app update.

Can you let me know if all works ok?
    mansica said:
    spirre said:
    @mansica due to the security setup of Homey, you will only see logging in the debug log of the IDLock app once a device is succesfully added based on that device...

If the inclusion dialog of Homey still shows "No Z-wave device has been found", please try to move Homey closer to the IDLock (to ~ 2 meters) and retry to include the IDLock once more..
    Thanks for the info regarding the logging @TedTolboom. No luck having homey closer to the lock when including though. Would be good to see if the chip is even alive somehow. Maybe I need to send it back and claim a new one.
  • mansica said:

Thanks for the info regarding the logging @TedTolboom. No luck having homey closer to the lock when including though. Would be good to see if the chip is even alive somehow. Maybe I need to send it back and claim a new one.
    I don't have the ID Lock myself.. so my experience is limited...
    You could try to re-insert the Z-wave module and or do a full reset of the IDLock (according to the manual)...
  • panessapanessa Member
    edited August 2018
    @mansica: You should also check if some of the pins on the module is bent.
    When I received mine, the pins where bent and I had to straighten them out before installing it.

• juw2juw2 Member
    edited August 2018
    For all IDLock150 users...
    I've branched of the IDLock150 driver within the IDLock app, since the IDLock150 has more settings to support.

New app update is available in the development branch:
    https://github.com/TedTolboom/no.IDLock/tree/development
    You will need to remove and include the IDLock150 based on this new app update.

Can you let me know if all works ok?
    Hi @TedTolboom .
    I have installed the new app now and it works fine. But, I have some improvment suggestions that would be really nice to have.
    1. When you leave and close the door it's possible to set the lock in Away mode. Would it be possible to see that status in the app like Away, true|false or just change color on the locked icon? Also it would be nice to have the possibillity to trigger upon that in flows. Then it's possible to, for instance, activate the alarm when the lock is set in Away mode. 
    2. Is it possible to add triggers by what user unlocked the door? This would help when you have kids to see when they get home or if te service pin is used ect.

The info is recieved from the lock to Homey so it should be possible to use theem as triggers in flow cars. If you need assistance I'm willing to help and do tests and also send logs if needed.

Greate job by the way with the app.
  • mansica said:
    My experience from I.D. Lock 101 is that it is quite picky during inclusion. Try a set of fresh batteries, and move Homey within a meter from the lock before inclusion.
  • juw2 said:

Hi @TedTolboom .
    I have installed the new app now and it works fine. But, I have some improvment suggestions that would be really nice to have.

Hi @juw2,

Thanks for the feedback.
    On your improvement suggestions:
    1. When you leave and close the door it's possible to set the lock in Away mode. Would it be possible to see that status in the app like Away, true|false or just change color on the locked icon? Also it would be nice to have the possibility to trigger upon that in flows. Then it's possible to, for instance, activate the alarm when the lock is set in Away mode. 

I'm not aware that the lock is reporting that it was set in Away mode. Also the manual does not specify this...
    Is something visible in the logs (either debug logging or the logs (filtered for it's node ID) at https://developer.athom.com/tools/zwave that the lock is reporting back that it has been set into Away mode?

Since the away mode is activated by a setting, it could be a CONFIGURATION_REPORT command.

2. Is it possible to add triggers by what user unlocked the door? This would help when you have kids to see when they get home or if te service pin is used ect.

Yes, this will be something to add in a future update.
    I'd first like to get the confirmation that the ID Lock 150 is working; so I can push the app update to the app store.

It would be nice, if you could provide some examples of the NOTIFICATION_REPORT's for the different lock / unlock reports... I'll need to define the report parsers based on that info (and cannot validate these parsers myself).

• juw2juw2 Member
    juw2 said:

Hi @TedTolboom .

Hi @juw2,

Thanks for the feedback.
    1. When you leave and close the door it's possible to set the lock in Away mode. Would it be possible to see that status in the app like Away, true|false or just change color on the locked icon? Also it would be nice to have the possibility to trigger upon that in flows. Then it's possible to, for instance, activate the alarm when the lock is set in Away mode. 

I'm not aware that the lock is reporting that it was set in Away mode. Also the manual does not specify this...
    Is something visible in the logs (either debug logging or the logs (filtered for it's node ID) at https://developer.athom.com/tools/zwave that the lock is reporting back that it has been set into Away mode?

Since the away mode is activated by a setting, it could be a CONFIGURATION_REPORT command.

I'd first like to get the confirmation that the ID Lock 150 is working; so I can push the app update to the app store.

It would be nice, if you could provide some examples of the NOTIFICATION_REPORT's for the different lock / unlock reports... I'll need to define the report parsers based on that info (and cannot validate these parsers myself).

Hi.
    Sure, I can do some tests and send you the logfile and also add descriptive text like logs for Away mode, User x opened the door ect.
    Otherwise the only issue with the app today is the battery reporting. For me it displays constant 1% and the battery alarm is active.
    During the testing I will do later this afternoon I can replace the batteries so I'm sure they are fresh.
    I will also gladly help in verification and tests of the app.

• @juw2 great thanks.

For the user (un)lock notification, can you contrib ute (with the log files) to the following Github issue I created?
    https://github.com/TedTolboom/no.IDLock/issues/7
  • juw2 said:
    juw2 said:

Hi @TedTolboom .

Hi @juw2,

Thanks for the feedback.

Hi.
    Sure, I can do some tests and send you the logfile and also add descriptive text like logs for Away mode, User x opened the door ect.
    Otherwise the only issue with the app today is the battery reporting. For me it displays constant 1% and the battery alarm is active.
    During the testing I will do later this afternoon I can replace the batteries so I'm sure they are fresh.
    I will also gladly help in verification and tests of the app.

Will this work för the 101 lock to? It Only have 2 codes, but u could å de about 100 nfc tags. Would it be possible to get info with wich tag opened?
  • This topic will be closed and continued at the new Homey community forum: 
    https://community.athom.com/t/161
This discussion has been closed.