This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Automating curtains

Comments

• cjvs said:
    For those with the forest shuttle rails: When asking Forest to provide me some more details on their RF protocol, they replied that they could not provide any info. However, they did indicate that they were already working with Athom to implement the Forest RF protocol, in the near future. (So a thumbs up for Forest and Athom!)

@emile do you know if the standard receiver of the Forest Shuttle L is supported from the start? Do not know for sure which type that is (z-wave?). I currently have it linked to ASN 650 of COCO bit that lacks the two-way communication.

• Any idea's on cheaper solutions than Forest would still be appreciated. They are just insanely expensive.

• Emile said:

;-)

@Emile I have not seen the support for forest shuttle RF return in the timeline or between the available apps. Is it built in in another way already, or does is still require development?
  • I'm using Harrison automated curtains. They work on 433 mhz. One day i'll integrate them with homey. 
    I mounted a little door sensor on the rail, so it has 'feedback' on its not closed/closed position.
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    cjvs said:
    Emile said:

;-)

@Emile I have not seen the support for forest shuttle RF return in the timeline or between the available apps. Is it built in in another way already, or does is still require development?
    Still working on them!
  • My curtain-rails are also from Forest but the type is TCM (Forest Touch Control Motor).
    They use also rf remote control (433 MHz). To open and close, my HomeControler sends the same codes to the curtains as the remotes do, this is one-way communication ofcourse. For whom is interrested, the anlysis of the protocol is attached in file Forest_Touch-rf.zip.
  • @JPe your zip seems to be corrupted... could you upload it again?
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited January 2016
    sorry, it was not zipped, it's a .txt file with the extension .zip, I hope it's clear, it was made in 2007.
    Here it is again, now with the right extentension

• Just reviving my old thread :)

I found http://www.robbshop.nl/z-wave-gordijn-systeem-kallox-1-14-6-14mtr which looks really good at an excellent price. However, being a noob at Z-wave, I am wondering if this will already work with Homey?

I doubt it will be a problem because it's a simple Fibaro wallplug (http://www.robbshop.nl/fibaro-inbouwschakelaar-2-1-5-kw) but who has more experience with this?
  • Anyone?
  • I have that Fibaro module hooked up to my Homey and it works, so shouldn't be a problem. :)
  • Awesome!
  • You can also take a look at autogordijn.nl. Are the same as your link. Maybe different prizes. 
  • GeertGeert Member
    edited April 2016
    I'll make a video after dinner.

Makes a lot of noise.

My wife was eating in the background. :|
  • @Geert awesome video. Which system is that? I really want one (I just received my curtains in the livingroom this week after 8 months of living in my new appartment, and I really get annoyed already by opening the curtains manually every day...)
  • Kallox

Waaay to noisy for me... 
  • I find the noise level quite acceptable I must say. I mean, how many times a day do you open and close this? A car driving by makes more noise...
  • I don't mind the noise and for as far as I can tell from this video, it's quite acceptable. Awesome, going to order soon :)
  • cjvscjvs Member
    Just received my homey, and all seems to be working well! Thanks a lot Athom for all the nice work. @Emile is there any update on the forest shuttle app being ready?
  • I thought this is gonna be a very interesting product. 
  • Michael said:
    Thanks! Ordered 2 instantly :)
  • cjvscjvs Member
    Whooohooo; forest shuttle has been added... Now I only need to figure out what to say to homey, as I am only able to control my curtains through a flow
  • cjvs said:
    Whooohooo; forest shuttle has been added... Now I only need to figure out what to say to homey, as I am only able to control my curtains through a flow
    Enough trigger words to get sum of the importance is >= 0.5

```
       "homey:deviceclass:windowcoverings": {
          "triggers": [
            {
              "id": "cover",
              "importance": 0.75,
              "triggers": {
                "en": [
                  "window coverings",
                  "window covers",
                  "roller shades",
                  "solar screen"
                ],
                "nl": [
                  "gordijn",
                  "lamellen",
                  "rolgordijn",
                  "jaloezieën",
                  "zonwering",
                  "zonnescherm"
                ]
              }
            },
            {
              "id": "cover_lower",
              "importance": 0.5,
                  "covers",
                  "blinds",
                  "curtains",
                  "shades",
                  "shutters",
                  "drapes"
                ],
                "nl": []
              }
            },
            {
              "id": "open",
              "importance": 0.09,
                  "open"
                ],
                  "open"
                ]
              }
            },
            {
              "id": "close",
                  "close",
                  "draw"
                ],
                  "sluit",
                  "dicht"
                ]
              }
            },
            {
              "id": "percent",
                  "percent"
                ],
                  "procent"
                ]
              }
            }
          ]
        }
    ```
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm also having the Kallox system to automate my curtains and I'm very happy with them. They do make some noice but I don't mind it

• MennoMenno Member

• jordenjorden Member
    I have the Kallox curtain rails lying in a box here, waiting for my handyman to take care of them. Need some cable management and such.
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited May 2016
    @jorden ;
    Are you using IR or something else? I'm using IR

I bought the EBODE PM10C Wireless Infrared Extender. And I must say for me it is working perfectly!

Route = homey (livingroom) --> logitech (cabinet) --> logitech blaster (cabinet) --> ebode sender (cabinet) --> ebode receiver (livingroom) --> curtains (livingroom)
  • jordenjorden Member
    @Menno I have a zwave relay switch to control it. But since it isn't installed yet, can't tell much about it yet :)
  • cjvscjvs Member
    cjvs said:
    Enough trigger words to get sum of the importance is >= 0.5

```
       "homey:deviceclass:windowcoverings": {
          "triggers": [
            {
              "id": "cover",
              "importance": 0.75,
    etc etc...
    ```
    Tried all of these. However it is impossible to close or open my curtains (forest) or awning (somfy) with voice command... Homey even tells me "closing curtains" or "closing window covers; closing covers", but nothing happens.

Created an issue.  https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/638

Anyone been able to open or close forest curtains or somfy awning by voice command?