This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

[APP] Xiaomi Mi Home (supports Yeelights and Mi Home WiFi devices)

1789101113»

Comments

• PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited July 2018
    @Eternity

Have you looked the the records in the devicerecords table? Perhaps your query is not right.

And it could be that you need to re-add the device in the Mi Home app to get the token to reappear.
  • its been a while, but a couple of days ago i started using the wifi power plug again in a setup, but unfortunately it is behaving very unstable. for hours it works ok, then it suddenly stops working, and later the next day it starts working again for a while, it seems totally random. it seems it is losing the connection to Homey constantly. However i cannot see if it is actually connected or not in the devices section...
    anything i can check to see whats going on? or anything you need to check for a fix? 
    Others having issues with this device as well?

for now i will replace it with a zigbee version of the socket...
    I don't own this device myself so I can't properly test it. There is a known issue with the miio library that can cause connection issues. Perhaps you are troubled by this as well. What you could do is run the app from the command line and see what log records come up on the console while using the app and socket.
  • @Phuturist
    The query returns without an error. I also tried with a wrong IP, which gave an error. Will try the whole procedure again. 
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited July 2018
    @Phuturist

Slowly getting there, thanks for your patience :-)

I have successfully extracted the token (did the whole procedure again, after re-installing the App on my phone and following the steps under methode 3).

So, with the 32 character token I move over to Homey. Enter the IP, token en leave the polling on the default state. I get this error:

I reset the lamp again, added it to the Mi App again and tried to include in Homey, with the same token I had extracted earlier. Now I get this message:

Could it be the error happens because my Homey and the Lamp are not connected to the same wifi SSID?
    Homey is downstairs and connected to my router's wifi. The lamp is upstairs and connected to a wifi repeater with a different SSID. The repeater is hardwired to the router, but the SSID is different.
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited July 2018
    I remember now that there is an issue with this device in the miio library.

https://github.com/jghaanstra/com.xiaomi-miio/issues/28
  • Aha! That explains it.
    What a pity. 

The issue is 3 months old, and it is a bug in the miio library. So, I guess this just requires more patience. 

Stupid question: who should fix that bug in the library? 
  • Eternity said:
    Aha! That explains it.
    What a pity. 

The issue is 3 months old, and it is a bug in the miio library. So, I guess this just requires more patience. 

Stupid question: who should fix that bug in the library? 
    Well, anyone with the right knowledge could make a pull request with the fix in the miio repository. The original author could then merge it and release a new version. He is not active anymore the last couple of months. I lack the knowledge myself to create a fork with the fix.
    edited July 2018
    I do know what a fork is, but feel that it is not what is I intended here.

No worries. I like the light. Sure one day it will be supported. If not, than not. 

Thanks again for your feedback! 
  • Phuturist said:

I don't own this device myself so I can't properly test it. There is a known issue with the miio library that can cause connection issues. Perhaps you are troubled by this as well. What you could do is run the app from the command line and see what log records come up on the console while using the app and socket.
    I'm affraid i dont know how to "run an app from the command line" ...
  • Been having issues with my Yeelights.
    Updated my router today and kicked them all off (even tho same ssid)
    Something on this seemed to crash the app before I noticed

Flicked all the switches and they're back on the network
    I can now control them fine with the Yeelight app, but homey fails. App seems to be restarted but new app doesn't allow switches to even flick, old app shows devices as offline but app okay

Thoughts?
  • Fixed by restarting homey, but just had another crash of the app... Are there some instabilities in the latest version perhaps? I've had no issues previously
  • Latest version - 2018-07-24 -- v2.8.0

• NEW: support for Yeelight White Tunable (V2) and Yeelight Color V2
    • NEW: add action card for Xiaomi Mi Robot to send the robot to a specific target (see instructions)
    • NEW: add action card for Xiaomi Mi Robot to do a zone(s) cleanup (see instructions)
    • FIX: fix temperature range for Yeelight color bulbs
  • Phuturist said:

Latest version - 2018-07-24 -- v2.8.0

what has changed with the temperature range?
  • Phuturist said: loop

Latest version - 2018-07-24 -- v2.8.0

what has changed with the temperature range?
    There was an type-o in the code causing the bulbs to change the temperature range only from 2700  - 6500 Kelvin instead of the available range of 1700 - 6500 Kelvin.
  • Same here,
    I did extract the token but cannot add the yeelight desklamp to the homey.
    Is it possible?  If so, how?

• JanPeetersJanPeeters Member
    edited August 2018
    OK, sorry for the pollution.
    Everything that is neede for the Yeelight desklamp is the Yeelight app.
    - Put the desk lamp in "LAN mode"
    (found under the little "triangle")
    - Check the IP-number under "apparatus info"
    - In Homey, add "Xiaomi Mi Home", "Yeelights".  -> and thus not the "Eyecare"

No token or nothing is needed.

• @JanPeeters
    Which desk lamp are you talking about? 
  • Eternity said:
    @JanPeeters
    Which desk lamp are you talking about? 

Yeelight desklamp 
    https://www.yeelight.com/en_US/product/mijia-lamp

• Aha, that makes sense now. My Philips Eyecare 2 is not recognized by Homey. 
  • Eternity said:
    Aha, that makes sense now. My Philips Eyecare 2 is not recognized by Homey. 
    Buy a Yeelight; the design & build is just beautiful!
    edited August 2018
    Too late ?

The Philips is nice too. The bug to add it to Homey will be fixed.... One day... 
  • FantomNotaBeneFantomNotaBene Unconfirmed, Member
    Hello!
    Do this plugin supports Yeelight LED Strip?
  • Hello!
    Do this plugin supports Yeelight LED Strip?
    Yes
  • Hello!

Power Strip does not work.

Through the plug-in, turn off, but do not turn on.

Does not show the real status of the power strip.

Do not display consumption readings.

Two power strip without USB, firmware 1.2.4_58.

One power strip with USB, firmware 3.4.2._79.

• edsallo said:

Hello!

Power Strip does not work.

Through the plug-in, turn off, but do not turn on.

Does not show the real status of the power strip.

Do not display consumption readings.

Two power strip without USB, firmware 1.2.4_58.

One power strip with USB, firmware 3.4.2._79.

I'll probably drop support for this device. I dont own it and it's poorly documented so there is no way for me to troubleshoot it.
  • Athom is switching to a new forum, read the announcement here.

This support thread will be continued here: https://community.athom.com/t/118
This discussion has been closed.