This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

[APP] Xiaomi Mi Home (supports Yeelights and Mi Home WiFi devices)

Comments

• I see that Android / Home Assistant users can tell the Vacuum to clean a specifik area, look at this  https://pastebin.com/QT4ia8SR

Is this something that might be possible to accomplish?
  • Torrfura said:
    I see that Android / Home Assistant users can tell the Vacuum to clean a specifik area, look at this  https://pastebin.com/QT4ia8SR

There is a pull request waiting to be added to the miio library (https://github.com/aholstenson/miio/pull/133) which adds this functionality. The author of the miio library does not seem to be very active anymore though.

Perhaps when I have some time I can look into merging this pull request in a forked version of the miio library.
  • youaskyouask Member
    Torrfura said:
    I see that Android / Home Assistant users can tell the Vacuum to clean a specifik area, look at this  https://pastebin.com/QT4ia8SR

i hope so to=)

• Is it possible that the "Developer Mode" buton it not available anymore in the new Yeelight App?

I already have some working yeelights but now i tried to add a led strip. Strip is working fine in the yeelight app but not found by the Homey app. Now i can't seem to find the option to enable LAN/Developer mode in the yeelight app.
  • Is it possible that the "Developer Mode" buton it not available anymore in the new Yeelight App?

I already have some working yeelights but now i tried to add a led strip. Strip is working fine in the yeelight app but not found by the Homey app. Now i can't seem to find the option to enable LAN/Developer mode in the yeelight app.
    Its still there. It's under the extra settings of a device. I believe the menu icon looks like a triangle with a stripe below. That holds the LAN mode option where you can enable it.
  • Phuturist said:
    Is it possible that the "Developer Mode" buton it not available anymore in the new Yeelight App?

Its still there. It's under the extra settings of a device. I believe the menu icon looks like a triangle with a stripe below. That holds the LAN mode option where you can enable it.

Thanks, found it :-)
  • gijsjegijsje Member
    Phuturist said:

Latest version - 2018-06-05 -- v2.6.5

• NEW: add support for Yeelight Desk Lamp
    Is this this desk lamp?
    Desk lamp on ALI
  • gijsje said:
    Phuturist said:

Is this this desk lamp?
    Desk lamp on ALI
    Yup
  • rtnartna Member
    Phuturist said:

How can I add this lamp as device? It is not showed in the add device section of the app. When I use the Philips Eyecare lamp I get errors.

• Did you enable lan mode for the desk lamp? And you can report errors on github. I don't own all these devices myself and depend on feedback to make things work.
  • gijsjegijsje Member
    I think he means that the desk lamp is not in the devices.
    That was also the reason i did ask
  • rtnartna Member
    That did the trick. Enabled LAN mode from the Yeelight app. This is nog possible from the Xiaomi Home app for as far as I can see. You don't need the token by the way.
  • rtnartna Member
    @gijsje : Put the lamp in LAN mode en choose Yeelights.
  • gijsjegijsje Member
    @rtna
    Thanks i only ordered one this morning but will keep it in mind
  • rtnartna Member
    @gijsje
    It's a great lamp. One of the best Xiaomi products on the market in my opinion.
  • MaanMaan Member
    I've a curious problem with the xiaomi human body sensors. They stop working, as at seems, at random. I've got four of them, two seems fine, but the other are problematic. 
    Restarting Homey will sometimes solving it for a while, sometimes not.  PTP does the same. 
    When I do nothing they start working after ours or days by themselves. 
    After unlink and re-link them, they are working again. Until they stop.
    Homey doesn't give a broken link icon. Its like there freezing or so.
    Once in a while it happens to de xiaomi wireless switches as well ,  but for a short period of time, like a few minutes. 
    The xiaomi door sensors are always working well.
    I've 17 zigbee devices 3 of them are routers, but they don't make a mesh. 
    Someone who now what is causing this and how can I solve this? 
  • Same issue
  • Maan said:
    I've a curious problem with the xiaomi human body sensors. They stop working, as at seems, at random. I've got four of them, two seems fine, but the other are problematic. 
    Restarting Homey will sometimes solving it for a while, sometimes not.  PTP does the same. 
    When I do nothing they start working after ours or days by themselves. 
    After unlink and re-link them, they are working again. Until they stop.
    Homey doesn't give a broken link icon. Its like there freezing or so.
    Once in a while it happens to de xiaomi wireless switches as well ,  but for a short period of time, like a few minutes. 
    The xiaomi door sensors are always working well.
    I've 17 zigbee devices 3 of them are routers, but they don't make a mesh. 
    Someone who now what is causing this and how can I solve this? 
    This is the support thread for the Xiaomi Mi Home wifi devices. The body sensors are Zigbee devices. See https://forum.athom.com/discussion/4120
  • MaanMaan Member
    Phuturist said:
    This is the support thread for the Xiaomi Mi Home wifi devices. The body sensors are Zigbee devices. See https://forum.athom.com/discussion/4120
    Ah... Sorry my bad, wrong topic. I'll copy it to the right topic.
  • Hey!
    I´ve read all I can find on the web right now, but I can not get the token out of my new Xiaomi S50 cleaner.
    The longest I've got is that I got the database from my Android-app, but the column of "token" is empty...
    Is there any solution?
    Thanks in advance!
  • hpnisse said:
    Hey!
    I´ve read all I can find on the web right now, but I can not get the token out of my new Xiaomi S50 cleaner.
    The longest I've got is that I got the database from my Android-app, but the column of "token" is empty...
    Is there any solution?
    Thanks in advance!
    You need to install an older Mi Home app. The last couple of versions dont hold the token in the database anymore. I'll update the readme. I'm using version 5.0.19 for this myself.
  • kwankwan Member
    Hi, i installed mi home app 5.0.19 on android and uses mainland china, but i cant add or find any devices, looking for philips light and the robrock v2. I find them on the latest app version
  • viixviix Member
    I’ve been using the app with my (v2) roborock vacuum and it’s working great in flows so far.

One question, does the vacuum report it’s status to homey?
    Ive set some motion sensor to ignore if the roborock is cleaning and it works great if the roborock vacuum is started by a flow or within homey but if I use the Mihome app, I notice that in homey it still shows the vacuum as docked/off.
  • viix said:
    I’ve been using the app with my (v2) roborock vacuum and it’s working great in flows so far.

One question, does the vacuum report it’s status to homey?
    Ive set some motion sensor to ignore if the roborock is cleaning and it works great if the roborock vacuum is started by a flow or within homey but if I use the Mihome app, I notice that in homey it still shows the vacuum as docked/off.
    The app should update the device status periodically based on the polling time set in the device settings. So it could take at least the amount of seconds set as polling time before it's visible. Next to that there is an issue with connection to devices in the miio library (which is used in my app) resulting in connection time outs. So it could actually take some more time for the status to update. If it never updates i'm not sure why that happens.
  • Latest version - 2018-07-08 -- v2.7.0

• Merged Pull Requests by Bas Kiers
    • - FIX: Yeelights connection issues (sending commands while Yeelight is connecting and sending multiple commands)
    • - NEW: Add support for Yeelight with model identifier ceiling1
    • - NEW: Add action card for setting night mode, available for (some) Yeelight ceiling lights
    • - NEW: Auto toggle nightmode when setting brightness to 0 or 100 twice within 5 seconds
    • UPDATE: Update docs, the latest version of the Mi Home smartpone app dont hold the token in the database anymore.
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited July 2018
    Need some help adding my Philips Eyecare Lamp:

UPDATE

I have used 'Packetsender' to retrieve the token of the Philips Eyecare Lamp. It shows a long string with ASCI and another set with HEX codes, both longer than 32 characters.

I have decrypted the HEX code and get two lines of code, as others have done. I have entered the first line and the second line in the Homey add device dialogue screen, to add the lamp. Neither work :-(

Could some kind soul please help me with this.

Thanks!

PS
    The Yeelight App does not show the Philips light. I tried various servers.
  • Eternity said:
    Need some help adding my Philips Eyecare Lamp:

UPDATE

I have used 'Packetsender' to retrieve the token of the Philips Eyecare Lamp. It shows a long string with ASCI and another set with HEX codes, both longer than 32 characters.

I have decrypted the HEX code and get two lines of code, as others have done. I have entered the first line and the second line in the Homey add device dialogue screen, to add the lamp. Neither work :-(

Could some kind soul please help me with this.

Thanks!

PS
    The Yeelight App does not show the Philips light. I tried various servers.
    Install an older version of the Xiaomi Mi Home smartphone app and use the method 3 to retrieve the token described in the following link.

https://github.com/jghaanstra/com.xiaomi-miio/blob/master/docs/obtain_token.md
  • @Phuturist
    Thanks! Will try tomorrow / coming weekend and report back! 
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited July 2018
    @Phuturist ;

Followed all the steps mentioned under 3 and got the (20 kb in size) miio2.db file :-)

When I execute the query in DB Browser with the IP of the lamp, I get an empty TOKEN as result :-(

So, I am almost there! What am I missing?

PS
    I am using v5.0.19-60709 of the Mi app
  • mauritsivsmauritsivs Member
    edited July 2018
    its been a while, but a couple of days ago i started using the wifi power plug again in a setup, but unfortunately it is behaving very unstable. for hours it works ok, then it suddenly stops working, and later the next day it starts working again for a while, it seems totally random. it seems it is losing the connection to Homey constantly. However i cannot see if it is actually connected or not in the devices section...
    Using the xiaomi android app it has no issues, always works fine, so the wifi connection seems fine.

anything i can check to see whats going on? or anything you need to check for a fix? 
    Others having issues with this device as well?

for now i will replace it with a zigbee version of the socket...
This discussion has been closed.