This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

(bit urgent) Which thermostaats are supported?

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    We're still lobbying for that one!
  • AthomeyAthomey Member
    edited April 2015
    Voor mij is er op dit moment maar 1 serieuze kandidaad voor mijn nieuw aan te schaffen thermostaat systeem en wel de Honeywell Evohome (http://www.evohome.honeywell.com/nl/)
    De reden is de aparte aansturing per zone. Dit gebeurt via nieuw te monteren,wifi-gestuurde thermostaatkranen. Zeer benieuwd of dit ondersteund kan worden in de Homey!
    Hi hi! Which have you eventually chosen? I'm on the break of buying such a system, but couldn't find alternatives for the Evo. I find zones to be must-have and per-radiotor remote measurements and changing also. I'd love to have it connected to Domotica (taking in consideration who is at home and where), but that's should have I guess.. What alternatives have you considered?

Edited to be in English Hoi hoi! Welke heb je uiteindelijk gekozen? Ik sta aan de vooravond van het aanschaffen van een dergelijk systeem, maar kom eigenlijk geen alternatieven tegen voor de Evo. Ik vind zones must-have en per-radiator remote meten en aanpassen ook. Liefst connected met Domotica, maar dat is eerder should dan must tov de andere vereisten. Welke alternatieven heb je in de picture gehad?

• +1 for Tado, many Thanks
  • Stefan said:
    Hi Marius,

We are currently getting in touch with Honeywell to discuss the possibilities about working together to support their EvoHome and Round thermostats. We will look at both the external API and direct 868 communication, but some of the protocols they use are proprietary.

We were warned by the Dutch representative we spoke that it might take some time as Honeywell is a rather large, and therefore less responsive, company, but we'll do our best to get to then as fast as possible. When we have more information on this topic well get right back to you in this topic!

Best,

Stefan

@stefan , any news?

Best, Moek

• The thermostats just one element of the system. Almost useless without TRV (unless on the old fashion way you are just turning on and off the entire heating system). We don`t have any news on the TRVs either. The climate control is one of the corner piece of the home automation. Not complaining, the guys are busy, just hoping that we get some small update.

• Hi Moek (and others),

Both Nefit Easy and Honeywell are extremely hard to get a hold of. We currently have (somewhat) contact with Honeywell US, but getting in touch with their EMEA counterparts for the Round, EvoHome and Lyric is still not accomplished. We try our bests, but it indeed takes a long time unfortunately :(.

• Hi Stefan,

Maybe you could get in touch with the developer of the Honeywell EvoHome Remote Windows Phone App (AndriodGamer - david.horn-evohome@outlook.com)?
    From what I understand he has direct support from the Honeywell developers...

• @stefan, thx for the update.
    Best, Moek

• Are there any plans for Homey to support the Heatmiser NeoStat ?
    I read that its API is available to developers.

Also, does anyone here have experience with that system? I'm in the process of deciding which smart thermostat to buy, and this one looks really nice...

• If your new cv supports opentherm i recommen thermosmart! I use it now for 6 monts. What i've read on thermosmart facebook site, they support homey!

• Michielv said:
    If your new cv supports opentherm i recommen thermosmart! I use it now for 6 monts. What i've read on thermosmart facebook site, they support homey!

They already have a Thermosmart app in the appstore so yes!
    https://apps.athom.com/

I also use thermosmart and like it a lot. They also have a active community and new functionalities are created regularly.

• I would go for the the Thermosmart, the app is already in the appstore.
    I had some troubles at the start but, it looks good, it works good and their support is great.

• @OGS: Does Thermosmart support zones/rooms indivdually controlled by seperate remote controlled valves/temperature measurements?

• Athomey said:
    @OGS: Does Thermosmart support zones/rooms indivdually controlled by seperate remote controlled valves/temperature measurements?

They don't support different zone's, perhaps in the feature,

see: http://thermosmart.uservoice.com/forums/207080-verbetervoorstellen-voor-thermosmart/suggestions/5659271-zoneregeling

• @OGS Hi, now i am using nefit easy but i dont like it very much.
    Are yoy realy happy with therosmart? What are the good and bad this about this thermostat?
    THX!

• @Athomey, no it does not support zones/rooms as that is not important for me but can be important for others
    @cautje, I looked at a lot of thermostats and found the webinterface and app very easy to use
    ++:
    easy to use,
    easy to install,
    very good support and response to questions before buying,
    app in Homey,
    Dutch product,
    very good comments in the media,
    They use a internet source for weather information also for outside temp,
    Not linked to any big supplier,
    --:
    needs extra powersupply at CV side,
    they do readout other info but do not share it but use it for future developments,
    I had a today as sunday, tomorrow as sunday button in my Honeywell and that is not there, but you can change the settings easy with the app or webportal,

• Hey, hey, thx for the info. Does anyone know a good integrated zone-enabled system, that can also work indepdendantly and also be integrated with Homey or other Domotica system? With e.g. rest-interfaces or other webservices? Evo Home from Honeywell is what I found as most suitable, but maybe I'm missing something?

• I have also been looking for a zone controllable thermostat. At the moment the only ones of interest that I have found are the ecobee 3 but this seems limited with regards to suppliers. Another option which looks interesting is the Netatmo which is wireless and can be moved around the home accordingly. But also still looking for possible alternatives as my current situation means that the heating is always on in the kitchen whilst we are sitting the whole evening in the living room. I cannot fix the thermostat in the living room as the kitchen is a lot colder and will not heat up sufficiently if it was located in the livingroom.

• I was also looking at thermostats with zone support. That's why I was asking about the Heatmiser Neostat.
    I've also found the Vaillant multiMATIC 700, which looks quite good, but that system seems to require that you also have one of the supported Vaillant boilers And neither of those brands is currently supported by Homey, so that's definitely a downside.

• Maybe place a thermostat in the kitchen and use temp schedules with for example the LC-13 from Danfoss to regulate all radiator. This is the way I am going to do it (just bought 10 pieces of them)
    With schedules I can set when and where the heating is on.

• But does the thermostat in the kitchen react to the Danfoss LC-13? How does the thermostat in the kitchen know when let's say the living room is at the correct temp and can stop the heating?

• Maybe a bit brutal but if the living room heats up and the kitchen not enough the radiator in the kitchen needs to be recalculated to give enough heat.

• The LC13 measure the temperature and if it is below the setpoint, then it opens the valve. You manage the setpoint through the z-wave network. But keep in mind that it does nothing with the central heating. If the central heating is not heating at that moment, nothing wil happen regarding the temperature in the kitchen. See it as a thermostatic heatingvalve: you yust don't have to turn the valve, that is done remote by adjusting the setpoint of the device from within the z-wave network.

• EVO home will close all valves when everything is on temperature and then open one rooms valve if needed, AND trigger the boiler to switch on. The last is must-have for me. Only regulating per-radiator is something I already have, digitally, but not interconnected. But that's not enough. I'll check out all your suggestions! Thx!

• RobinVanKekem said:
    Maybe a bit brutal but if the living room heats up and the kitchen not enough the radiator in the kitchen needs to be recalculated to give enough heat.

Yes this is true but not the complete story this is the radiator that was installed when we purchased the property. The issue is not only the calculation of the radiator but also the fact that on one side is a large kitchen window the other side a large patio doors with a flat roof that is not well insulated. In the winter this is a problem but Autumn, Spring and Summer are not an issue. This is the main reason for also looking at zoned heating or a moveable/multiple thermostaat.

• @fuzzeybear: It still means your radiator is undercalculated/under capacity. However, if you have valves in the rest of the house that close, then the too small radiator might be able to heat your kitchen enough.

• Athomey said:
    @fuzzeybear: It still means your radiator is undercalculated/under capacity. However, if you have valves in the rest of the house that close, then the too small radiator might be able to heat your kitchen enough.

I wasn't saying that it is not under calculated/under capacity! Just looking at other options as it is sufficient when we are only in the Kitchen and not the living room. Also if I can turn the heating off in the kitchen in the evening and control the CV from the living room this will save a lot of wasted energy. Most ideally would be better insulation of the Kitchen but this is an expensive option. Just increasing the radiators capacity will not completely solve the wasted energy issue.

• Lol, your right about the wasted energy! Just wanted to mention it just in case.

I have a pressure valve placed between the two heating pipes and thermostat valves everyeverywhere in my house. I just have to set the thermostat to a temperature in the living room which will never be achieved so the pump keeps working and the water heated.
    If the water, which is returned to the boiler, is still warm, the boiler will make sure the outgoing water is the preset temperature the saving some energie and still able to heat any room in the house.
    More ideally would be to control the boiler of course.

• @jovink: Very nice! Though 2016Q3...think I will go for EVO home and hope I can connect it SOMEWAY to Homey.

This discussion has been closed.