This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

0.8.39 experimental

Comments

• mruiter said:
    Also nice to know. The z-wave rewrite is finished  B)

Milestone is 100% complete. Give it to me baby , ahhha ahhhaa

https://github.com/athombv/homey/milestones

'Now cruising in his Pinto, he sees homies as he pass' :D

I want it too!

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
     <3 
  • On the other hand, on the milestones page both 0.8.38 and 0.8.39 are 0% done, So what's that information worth?
  • i also had this problem. To solve it i unplugged the power for 10 seconds and reconnect it again. Now it is working again.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    For the wiki;
    if your homey is not working as aspected PTP(©) (pull the plug) and it should work again. If not: please check for the latest "various improvements" update. If that's also not working PTP and spent some time and money to the W(AF) 

Cheers! (not for the wiki) 
  • @marcof do you have an example of a flow that does the PTP? :D
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    Of course I have!
    Vera3>scene>PTP(zwave plug fibaro wall plug: off, delayed on) 

Works very reliable. 

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited June 2016
    Hmm Emile doing zwave development and Taco last seen 31-5-2016.... 

His last post:

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/22027/#Comment_22027

Thanx man! 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    MarcoF said:
    Hmm Emile doing zwave development and Taco last seen 31-5-2016.... 

His last post:

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/22027/#Comment_22027

Thanx man! 
    All the other people at my office go on holiday for three weeks :wink:
  • edited June 2016
    My Kaku is not working anymore
    Homey was not responding after the update.  Had to pull the plug. But Kaku did not come back alive. 
  • Kaku also failed for the first time since .37 yesterday when i got home. After reboot it was ok again.

• BumblezBumblez Member
    edited June 2016
    All the other people at my office go on holiday for three weeks wink
    Same at Athom... but don't worry... they've recruited a bunch of interns from the University of Enschede to take over development and bugfixing of all our issues in the meantime! So you'll see plenty of updates like this .39 one  
  • mruiter said:

Kaku also failed for the first time since .37 yesterday when i got home. After reboot it was ok again.

Rebooted of few times already.  Still not working for me sadly. 
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited June 2016
    For me Kaku only gets triggered once after a power cycle, with some delay.
    It's like a bug that was there a few week/months ago, which happend exactly the same
  • edited June 2016
    I really hope at home will fix Kaku soon. Normally after an update it takes a little time for Kaku to work, but this firmware is an exception for me. .. Kaku not working at all anymore. Not one Kaku switch kan be used here.  
  • Updated, kaku still works good, no power boot needed.
  • cautjecautje Member
    Kaku is ok, No zwave alarm trigger in.39
  • Somfy (also 433MHz) didn't work anymore this morning.
    Had to power cycle
  • aloftaloft Member
    cautje said:
    Kaku is ok, No zwave alarm trigger in.39
    I do see the triggers in devices-card ( for both Fibaro Motion Sensor and Aetec recessed door sensor) ', but it seems the flows are not triggered based on those triggers.
  • edited June 2016
    Homey is pretty unstable with this firmware release. Already the third time it crashes. And no Kaku. Seems like each time I try to get Kaku working, homey crashes  
  • edited June 2016
    OK my homey just got bricked. Red led ring after pulling the plug when crashed 
  • jordenjorden Member
    Z-wave triggers are not working so well on 0.8.39 but Emile stated in the Slack channel that the progress on the new Z-wave functionality is progressing well so that will be released soon. Wait for it :)
  • swtttswttt Member
    jorden said:
    Z-wave triggers are not working so well on 0.8.39 but Emile stated in the Slack channel that the progress on the new Z-wave functionality is progressing well so that will be released soon. Wait for it :)
    Soon™ :) But indeed z-wave is discusses allot, and just needs the rewrite. For now its better to use a different controller for z-wave instead of homey (in my opinion).
  • casedacaseda Member
    Soon™ indeed.. Last week it was still stated with 3 to 4 weeks, so long time to go, don't get your hopes up that fast for the re-write being done.
    And after the rewrite there is still the apps that need to be created.
  • jordenjorden Member
    I don't mind if it takes 3-4 weeks (Emile said it will still be weeks, so indeed don't hold your breath) as long as it's going to work and be awesome. Even though my system is now a bit 'crippled' because I do a lot based on the motion sensor alarms.
  • update, KAKU died, again. had to powercycle
  • Looks like they promoted it to stable
    https://firmware.athom.com

• casedacaseda Member
    edited June 2016
    Little bit strange choice to make .39 stable, its (way) less stable then .38 breaking a lot of triggers (especially kaku and zwave).
    now all the stable people will get a not very stable version for how long they will let it stay on .39
    (hopefully for them not as long as .32 was )

Not very good for any WAF either..
  • @Emile thnx for the information. Looking forward to seeing the next update of Homey. Keep up the great work as we will try to break it and while doing it, making Homey better.
  • Just to make sure before doing a lot of work for nothing! 

Mij kaku doesn 't work since the update. If i read emile news post right i Just have to readd them to make it works again? 

If thats the case i know what i' 'm doing on my sunday  B)