This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

0.8.39 experimental

Comments

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited June 2016
    Asking Homey to "turn on the lights", keeps resulting "I didn't find lights to turn on" 

Tried to move the Hue light to different zones, remove/pair them, but nothing seems to help.

Anybody here with the same issue?
  • Same reaction from Homey, but after the denial, Homey turns on the lights via KaKu...
  • That sounds as if there's 2 conflicting flows for lights... is it possible that there is a built-in command for lights that conflicts with the commands/flows you're using?
  • Think so, but I don't know how to stop the or bypass the internal flow
  • I use the internal command to switch on my Hue Lights, and a flow to change color, and all is working fine. I’m on  .39. During all updates my lights keep on working fine. 

• I don't think there is an option right now to turn off the built-in flows (hopefully that will be added at some point). The only option we have at this time, is to come up with different ways to phrase the commands...
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    Here the only a flow which uses Hue lights is triggered by Sunset. Further i'm not using light triggers and in the past it worked like a charm.
  • Same reaction from Homey, but after the denial, Homey turns on the lights via KaKu...
    Do you use both KaKu and Hue?
  • JulianJulian Member
    I do get the idear that more built in speech functions are added along the way. At the beginning I made a flow that if my speech contained the three words 'Woonkamer - verlichting - aan' it would (suprise suprise) turn on the living room lights. As feedback I added that Homey would then also say 'ok I turn the lights on'. The last couple of times when I say this it says both the feedback phrase I configured ánd a seperate phrase 'Turning on the lights', which is from Homey itself.
  • adjuadju Member
    I don't know what is the difference between my homey and yours but all my
    KaKu are working (switches, contact sensor, doorbell)
    also all my Smartwares (switches, contact sensor).
    The only problem I have is the garden light, It should switch of at 2300 but only the slider is off, the light itself not.

FW. 0.8.39
    KaKu app 1.1.6

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    Nobody a solution for the "didn't find lights to turn on" ?

I'm using Hue and as far as i know the old bridge is on the most recent firmware.
  • Hmmm, first time i have troubles with a KAKU device: awst-8800 (single wall switch with timer). It is recognized , but Homey does not react when the on or off button is pressed. My doorbel KAKU and a socket switch are working just fine  :'(
  • For me KaKu is broken and I cannot even pair a wall switch anymore. So it looks like a 433 issue over here.
  • posthokposthok Member
    edited June 2016
    I realy don't get why 8.39 is called a stable fimware. 8.38 was a better candidate. A few day's after update to 8.39 my Kaku is unreliable. Doorsensors and motionsensors do not reset and stay on.
  • posthokposthok Member
    edited June 2016
    Is it right that z-wave is not working in 8.39?
    Just got my first z-wave device's today. After installing them they do not get trigger in a flow.
    Strange thing is KaKu can trigger z-wave but not the other way around.

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    posthok said:
    Is it right that z-wave is not working in 8.39?
    Just got my first z-wave device's today. After installing them they do not get trigger in a flow.
    Strange thing is KaKu can trigger z-wave but not the other way around.

Save yourself the frustration!
    PTP(™), box your Homey, have a nice beer, spent some quality time with your wife, gear up the WAF and wait patiently on the soon(™) be available update with a lot of awesome(™) new features that will make or ..... your Homey to a awesome device!

Here Homey does 2 (ok 3 things);
    1. standing in corner (verdom hoekje)
    2. randomly shouting "MarcoF came/left home" (he, to frustation of the wife, forgets the Wife)
    3. On sunset switching 3 Hue lights

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    Limited use of Homey here but it's working relatively OK
    - Sunset/sunrise triggering Hues
    - Kodi turns on/off lights when movie starts/stops and announces the name of the movie
    - Voice trigger turns off Hues and audio/video devices (through Harmony) when I say I'm going to bed
    - Limited z-wave devices seem to be reachable most of the time

But I'm still on .38 by the way, didn't upgrade because I saw the stability/trigger problems :)
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited June 2016
    Just a little counterweight here. What I have working is:

- 2 kaku sockets
    - 2 greenwave power node 6
    - 1 greenwave power node 1
    - 1 Lifx light
    - sunset triggered flows
    - report my solar panel generation (through http app)
    - report my appointments (iCalendar app)
    - report incoming emails
    - completely control all my A/V devices (through Harmony app)
    - do all sorts of stuff based on Kodi events
    - tell me when it is going to rain (buienradar app)
    - tell me when a new download has started on sabnzbd

What isn't working:
    - 1 fibaro wall plug (pairing never worked, awaits zwave rewrite)
    - speech to text recognition (not misinterpretation but just a white ring)
    - presence detection, it's to flaky to rely on it
    - report current power usage of sockets of the greenwave power node devices (only reports totals, awaits the zwave rewrite)
  • 2Be2Be Member
    What I have working on 0.8.39:

- 3 Hue Lights
    - 1 KAKU doorbell
    - 1 z-wave sensor (not used for triggering atm.)
    - 1 Camera with Synology NAS.
    - 2 Elro Sockets

What is not working:

- 4 Milight bulbs. (they stop working after a while. Have to do a reinstall and than check again).

• djeskodjesko Member
    2Be said:
    What I have working on 0.8.39:

- 3 Hue Lights
    - 1 KAKU doorbell
    - 1 z-wave sensor (not used for triggering atm.)
    - 1 Camera with Synology NAS.
    - 2 Elro Sockets

What is not working:

- 4 Milight bulbs. (they stop working after a while. Have to do a reinstall and than check again).

My 4 Milight works here  , trigger with a light sensor NEXA 
  • Phuturist said:

- 2 kaku sockets
    - 1 Lifx light
    - sunset triggered flows
    - report incoming emails

What isn't working properly:
    - 1 kaku doorbell sensor trigger (used to work but broke on 0.8.38)
    - report current power usage of sockets of the greenwave power node devices (only reports totals, awaits the zwave rewrite)
    I don't have much problems with 0.8.39.
    The KAKU doorbell stopped working as well but after pairing it again it's working without any problems.
    KAKU, Hue, NFC, Chromecast and infrared are still working fine.

The only thing that still isn't working is the 'OK Homey' trigger.
  • RikPost said:
    Phuturist said:

- 2 kaku sockets
    - 1 Lifx light
    - sunset triggered flows
    - report incoming emails

What isn't working properly:
    - 1 kaku doorbell sensor trigger (used to work but broke on 0.8.38)
    I don't have much problems with 0.8.39.
    The KAKU doorbell stopped working as well but after pairing it again it's working without any problems.
    KAKU, Hue, NFC, Chromecast and infrared are still working fine.

The only thing that still isn't working is the 'OK Homey' trigger.
    You are right. The doorbell is working as well. :+1: 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    The doorbell here also work.
    But a lot of people,mostly impatient postmen, push the doorbell multiple times in a row OR push the button for 1-5 secs. The result is a load of triggers, the soundboard ringtone go mad and emails keep filling the mailbox.

So for now I disconnected the doorbell from Homey and it would be great if a user can set the debouncer threshold per device.
  • jordenjorden Member
    Just deactivate your doorbell-flow as one of the actions, and then reactivate it after 10 seconds in the same flow?
  • Just took the tome to re add all my kaku devices but for me it didn't help! The only one that is working is the contact sensor!
  • MarcoF said:
    But a lot of people,mostly impatient postmen, push the doorbell multiple times in a row OR push the button for 1-5 secs. The result is a load of triggers, the soundboard ringtone go mad and emails keep filling the mailbox.

So for now I disconnected the doorbell from Homey and it would be great if a user can set the debouncer threshold per device.
    I use variables for that:
    If doorbell is pressed set variable "doorbell" at true.
    If variable "doorbell" is changed and is true, say there is someone at the door and set variable to false after 10 sec.
  • MarcoF said:

I use variables for that:
    If doorbell is pressed set variable "doorbell" at true.
    If variable "doorbell" is changed and is true, say there is someone at the door and set variable to false after 10 sec.
    I started out this way as well but the option eventually switched to the option as mentioned by jorden. It's a much cleaner solution and get the job done really well.
  • Fair enough. Am using variables tho with 3 or more options in some flows and that way is the only way then me guess?
  • posthokposthok Member
    edited June 2016
    I used variables fot this problem to but now Homey doens'nt reset my sensors anymore. They stay on forvever.
    Bought recently some z-wave to overcome this problem, sadly z-wave doens't work either. In one sentence "my homey is crap" and i'm slowly gettting the feeling to sell this troublemaker.
    The only thing to fix this problem is to add the sensor as a  socket and reset the device yourself.
  • @MarcoF ;
    @Rocodamelshe ;
    I think the most simplistic doorbel flow with a debouncer: