This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Support for Onkyo receivers

1234568»

Comments

• Can you try to run the app from commandline (developer mode)? There should be a guide/howto somewhere on this forum :)
  • Hi Jorden,

I'm happy to tell you that my problem is solved by deleting and re-adding the Onkyo amplifier!
    Works like a charm!

• Manneke said:
    I am using an Onkyo TX-NR474, which should be supported. The receiver is detected (ip address is correct) but my receiver does not react on flow commands. Any tips how to debug this?
    How did you set Network Standby
    by default it is turned on and the receiver does not react to any commands
    =====
     When this feature is turned "On (default value)", you can turn on the power of the unit via the network using an application that can control this unit. 0 When using "Network Standby", power consumption increases even when this unit is on standby, however, the increase in power consumption is kept to a minimum by automatically entering the HYBRID STANDBY mode, where only essential circuits are operating. 0 When the connection to the network is lost, "Network Standby" is disabled to reduce power consumption. Use the power button on the remote controller or main unit to turn the unit on if this happens.

see page 64 of the manual
    http://www.intl.onkyo.com/downloads/manuals/pdf/tx-nr474_manual_en.pdf 
  • BenMBenM Member
    Hello again,

After using this app for some time now, I am very pleased with it. I am using it on my onkyo TX-NR646 without any problems. 

I was wondering, as I use TuneIn on my zone 2 on a daily basis, of it could be possible to change the channel by flow?
  • Version 2.0.0 of this app coming up in a few days.

• SDKv2 version (so Homey-future-compatible)
    • Zone 3 added (for receivers that support this)
    • Support for DAB, Airplay and Tape (for receivers that support this)
    • New keys UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, HOME, EXIT (for OSD) added under "Listen mode"
    • Support for Pioneer VSX receivers (such as the Pioneer VSX 932) (untested)
    • New "Disconnect and reconnect"-action card for when the connection is lost.

TuneIn: You might be able to use the up/down/left/right/enter keys to achieve this but I am not completely sure. I was unable to find a code to connect to it directly.
    There is also a new card "Send a custom command" which you could use to test this. There already is an issue for it with a (really small) discussion https://github.com/jordenc/com.onkyo/issues/5

This might be one of the last versions of this app that I will release, since I am selling my Onkyo and now use a Denon at home.
  • jorden said:
    Version 2.0.0 of this app coming up in a few days.

How does this function work? Because i still have my connection lost and it wont reconnect when i am using this flowcard. 
  • Jessedg90 said:
    jorden said:
    Version 2.0.0 of this app coming up in a few days.

How does this function work? Because i still have my connection lost and it wont reconnect when i am using this flowcard. 
    It stops the current connection to the Onkyo. And then starts it again.

Ofcourse, it only works if the Onkyo is "available" on the network and is using the same IP as before.

I created & tested it by hooking up my Onkyo on a network cable. Then I pulled the cable to see if I could detect that it's down (which is not possible).
    Then I created the card. After I inserted the cable and waited a few seconds, I could use the disconnect and reconnect card in the flow to reconnect, which worked.