This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official Zigbee SDK2

[App] Xiaomi-mi ZigBee - Main discussion topic (v0.4.1)

Comments

• RobRosRobRos Member
    i've got an aqara wireless switch.
    but how do i create more scenes? i only got 1x pressed scene?

• Hi, I tried to find my problem in the 14 pages, but either it isn't there or I overlooked it. I have bought some of the Xiaomi Temp/Hum sensors and am not able to connect one single one of them.
    They start to negotiate (sometimes after 10 seconds after pressing 5 seconds, sometimes it takes more then half a minute), but it always takes more than 10 to 15 minutes for Homey to interview all settings. I keep pressing the button as advised, but alas. I end up with nothing (not added at all) or an "Unknown Zigbee device" and can not add it again without deleting it first. Funny thing is that the unpairing does happen immediately after pressing the button for 5 seconds.
    Am I doing something wrong? Do i have the wrong sensors?
    Homey has version 1.5.9.
  • JooleeJoolee Member
    PetervdK said:
    Hi, I tried to find my problem in the 14 pages, but either it isn't there or I overlooked it. I have bought some of the Xiaomi Temp/Hum sensors and am not able to connect one single one of them.
    They start to negotiate (sometimes after 10 seconds after pressing 5 seconds, sometimes it takes more then half a minute), but it always takes more than 10 to 15 minutes for Homey to interview all settings. I keep pressing the button as advised, but alas. I end up with nothing (not added at all) or an "Unknown Zigbee device" and can not add it again without deleting it first. Funny thing is that the unpairing does happen immediately after pressing the button for 5 seconds.
    Am I doing something wrong? Do i have the wrong sensors?
    Homey has version 1.5.9.
    You need them close to Homey and add them as the correct device, not just a generic zigbee device. The 'keep pressing' is not 'keep holding the button' but press the button once every few seconds.
  • PetervdKPetervdK Member
    edited May 2018
    Joolee said:
    You need them close to Homey and add them as the correct device, not just a generic zigbee device. The 'keep pressing' is not 'keep holding the button' but press the button once every few seconds.
    That is exactly what i am doing. I installed the Xiaomi app, choose the Xiaomi temp & hum sensor and keep them at 30 cm from Homey. I can tell you, pressing that tiny button every 3 seconds for 15 minutes gives you very camped fingers...
    Fact is, adding takes ages and gives me an unknown device, deleting takes 1 second...
  • vaderagvaderag Member
    PetervdK said:
    Hooker' said:
    That is exactly what i am doing. I installed the Xiaomi app, choose the Xiaomi temp & hum sensor and keep them at 30 cm from Homey. I can tell you, pressing that tiny button every 3 seconds for 15 minutes gives you very camped fingers...
    Fact is, adding takes ages and gives me an unknown device, deleting takes 1 second...
    That's expected. Building a house takes months, knocking it down takes hours...
    In the same way saving files, pinging a device to find out stuff takes time, where as deleting is just removing the record
  • I understand that, but what i try to do is give as much useful information as possible instead of just saying "it doesn't work".
    I still think it is rather strange that the adding must be done within short distance of the homey, takes initially between 5 and 50 seconds to start and lasts 5 to 15 minutes, while the deletion happens within 1 second, even if i'm 10 meters or more away from the Homey...
  • vaderagvaderag Member
    PetervdK said:
    I understand that, but what i try to do is give as much useful information as possible instead of just saying "it doesn't work".
    I still think it is rather strange that the adding must be done within short distance of the homey, takes initially between 5 and 50 seconds to start and lasts 5 to 15 minutes, while the deletion happens within 1 second, even if i'm 10 meters or more away from the Homey...
    Well when you're deleting the device is connected to the mesh - doesnt matter how far away you are so long as it's in the mesh. When you're adding it knows nothing of the existance of the mesh so the only device within the mesh that it can discover is the hub (homey)
  • SkorpionSkorpion Member
    edited May 2018
    5 to 15 minutes isn’t normal if you ask me. I can pair Xiaomi in less than 1-2 minutes depending of the device.

I would advise to delete the Xiaomi Mi Zigbee app. Then pull Homey’s plug just be sure. If Homey is running again, then re-install the app and try again. If that doesn’t work I would contact Athom support.
  • I would recommend to:
    1. Remove the device
    2. Pull the Plug of Homey first (without removing the app)
    3. wait until all apps have been loaded (~20 minutes is safe)
    4. try again to add the device
  • Ok, i will try to reset the whole bunch. Not happy with that, cause my Z-Wave is just as stable as can be since last week.
    By the way, there is no Zigbee mesh yet, these are the first devices i try to add.
  • PetervdK said:
    Ok, i will try to reset the whole bunch
    No no, no reset!
    just remove the device, pull the plug out of Homey and wait for like 9.3 minutes before u put the plug back in. Then wait until Homey is done with all she needs to do and try to add the device again.
  • I would recommend to:
    1. Remove the device
    2. Pull the Plug of Homey first (without removing the app)
    3. wait until all apps have been loaded (~20 minutes is safe)
    4. try again to add the device
    @PetervdK please try the steps mentioned above....
    we’re still quite far from doing a full reset!
  • BTW. I expect that this issue will be resolved when 1.5.11 will be released to stable... working great here
  • Removed xioami app, reset my zigbee network, pulled the plug, waited 15m, plugged in again, went to eat (i am not a fast eater :) ), installed xiaomi app again, waited 30m, tried to add again with exact the same result. Clicked the button every 2 to 5 sec for almost 8 minutes and ended up with an unknown device.
    Manufacturer ID: LUMI
    Product ID: -
    Device ID: 24321
    Profile ID: 260
    Network address: 0x00158d0001f4ee25

I can only switch it on/off. It goes to off automatically after a few seconds. Homey doesn't show anything but i get an error message (205, something with network) when switching on in the beta app on my phone.
  • By the way, while resetting my Zigbee network, it only worked the 3d time. First 2 times i got an error message about an invalid file or something like that...
  • PetervdK said:
    Removed xioami app, reset my zigbee network, pulled the plug, waited 15m, plugged in again, went to eat (i am not a fast eater :) ), installed xiaomi app again, waited 30m, tried to add again with exact the same result. Clicked the button every 2 to 5 sec for almost 8 minutes and ended up with an unknown device.
    Manufacturer ID: LUMI
    Product ID: -
    Device ID: 24321
    Profile ID: 260
    Network address: 0x00158d0001f4ee25

I can only switch it on/off. It goes to off automatically after a few seconds. Homey doesn't show anything but i get an error message (205, something with network) when switching on in the beta app on my phone.
    @PetervdK hope you enjoyed your dinner...
    Let's see and further debug....

So during inclusion the `Product ID` is not send / received correctly (`-`). The product ID is the discriminating factor based on which the app determines the right device driver. Device ID an Profile ID are more generic indicating the type of device and profile.

Since the app can not find the right device driver, the device will be added as an unknown device (with 'onoff' switch capability....So one of the reports during the inclusion is not received correctly.

Just to verify:
    - You mentioned that you are trying to include a 'Xiaomi Temp/Hum sensor' and you followed the instructions to keep pressing the button. So I assume you are trying to include the round Xiaomi Temperature / Humidity sensor (Device ID: lumi.sens), correct?
    - At what distance did you try to include the sensor? Advice is to do this at close proximity (~1m) of Homey.
    - When removing the device, did you use the option at Settings > Zigbee> remove device (activate the device button)?
    - Did you try both options: `Devices > add a Zigbee device` and `Devices > xiaomi app > add Xiaomi Temperature & Humidity sensor`

Do you have other Zigbee devices that you can try? 
    edited May 2018
    @PetervdK hope you enjoyed your dinner... Yes, thanks! :)
    Let's see and further debug....

So during inclusion the `Product ID` is not send / received correctly (`-`). The product ID is the discriminating factor based on which the app determines the right device driver. Device ID an Profile ID are more generic indicating the type of device and profile.

Since the app can not find the right device driver, the device will be added as an unknown device (with 'onoff' switch capability....So one of the reports during the inclusion is not received correctly.

I guess that is indeed what is happening.
    The "adding device" message usually keeps displayed for about 5 to 30sec and then it starts interviewing endpoints (1/3) and clusters (1/7 and then 1/4 twice). This takes about 8-10 mins and sometimes longer.

Just to verify:
    - You mentioned that you are trying to include a 'Xiaomi Temp/Hum sensor' and you followed the instructions to keep pressing the button. So I assume you are trying to include the round Xiaomi Temperature / Humidity sensor (Device ID: lumi.sens), correct?

Correct, i have 4 of them, Xiaomi  id WSDCGQ01LM

- At what distance did you try to include the sensor? Advice is to do this at close proximity (~1m) of Homey.

Tried it at 20cm, 1 mtr and 4 mtr

- When removing the device, did you use the option at Settings > Zigbee> remove device (activate the device button)?

If it was present as unknown device, i deleted it from the "devices" page on Homey. Then it deletes instantly after pressing for 3 sec.
    Deleting from the Zigbee page mostly didn't work correctly, mostly it times out and one time hung up the Homey complete.
    When it was unknown by Homey but visible in the developer page, i have reset my Zigbee network.

- Did you try both options: `Devices > add a Zigbee device` and `Devices > xiaomi app > add Xiaomi Temperature & Humidity sensor`

Yep, both with the same result.

Do you have other Zigbee devices that you can try? 

Unfortunately not (yet)...

<edit> Just noticed that the Homey Preview app shows lumi.sens at the product id

• Well, when it shows lumi.sens... is it added as temp sensor?
  • Nope, on Homey it says "Unknown Zigbee device" with only on/off button and this is what the developer page shows:
    "0x00158d0001f4ee25UnknownUnknownEndDevice"

• When i add another, the info of the previous one(s) changes:
    Node IDIEEE AddressNameManufacturerTypeProduct IDProfile IDRoute
    00x00124b0005f0cbb6DravikAthom B.V.CoordinatorHomey260
    10x00158d0001f4ee25Unknown ZigBee deviceLUMIEndDevicelumi.sens2600—1
    20x00158d0001b93d44Unknown ZigBee deviceLUMIEndDevicelumi.sens2602
    30x00158d00020ec5e5UnknownUnknownEndDevice3
  • @PetervdK strange  :/
    Today 1.5.11 has been released to stable channel... it has a number of fixes included that are related to the communication to the Zigbee chip...

Could you retry after updating to 1.5.11 (will be rolled out in waves so might not yet be available)?

I’ll check in parallel with the Athom team for further steps / solutions...

• JPeJPe Member
    edited May 2018
    @TedTolboom ;  Today I added my first 2 Zigbee devices without any problem and they show up fine in ''Devices' but in the https://developer.athom.com/tools/zigbee page the second one does not show the right information, it says Unknown EndDevice ( I'm on 1.5.11 )

This is the Unknown second one:

The first one I have renamed to Temp/Hum S1, but this new name is not shown either.
    yes I did refresh the page, even restarted the computer ( Homey not yet )

--------------  after a reset of Homey via settings/system:   it works!!

• @PetervdK strange  :/
    Today 1.5.11 has been released to stable channel... it has a number of fixes included that are related to the communication to the Zigbee chip...

Could you retry after updating to 1.5.11 (will be rolled out in waves so might not yet be available)?

I’ll check in parallel with the Athom team for further steps / solutions...

I will try that. But i will wait to update until after a few weeks to be sure there are no bugs or glitches.
    Last time i upgraded immediately i ended up with building my Z-Wave network all over from scratch.
    And then it was way smaller then it is now.... ;)
  • JPeJPe Member
    @Petervdk

no problems so far, only the restart to update the https://developer.athom.com/tools/zigbee page. (see item above)
  • Did the update to 1.5.11 and attached the sensors again. All were unknown.
    Pulled power for 30 minutes and started up again.
    Now the developer page says:
    10x00158d0001fa3c1eTemp 01LUMIEndDevicelumi.sens2600—1
    20x00158d00020ec5e5Temp 02LUMIEndDevicelumi.sens2600—2
    30x00158d0001f4ee25Temp 03LUMIEndDevicelumi.sens2600—3
    40x00158d0001b93d44Temp 04LUMIEndDevicelumi.sens2600—4
    Alas in the device page there is only an on/off switch available.
    Also, my z-wave is rather slow and some switches don't respond anymore.

I think i'm going to give up on the Homey for a second time and switch to Fibaro HCL again.
    That is way more stable and works flawless, i only have to give up on voice control then.
    Voice control is very nice, except when the controller refuses to do what it should do.

• vaderagvaderag Member
    PetervdK said:
    Did the update to 1.5.11 and attached the sensors again. All were unknown.
    Pulled power for 30 minutes and started up again.
    Now the developer page says:
    10x00158d0001fa3c1eTemp 01LUMIEndDevicelumi.sens2600—1
    20x00158d00020ec5e5Temp 02LUMIEndDevicelumi.sens2600—2
    30x00158d0001f4ee25Temp 03LUMIEndDevicelumi.sens2600—3
    40x00158d0001b93d44Temp 04LUMIEndDevicelumi.sens2600—4
    Alas in the device page there is only an on/off switch available.
    Also, my z-wave is rather slow and some switches don't respond anymore.

I think i'm going to give up on the Homey for a second time and switch to Fibaro HCL again.
    That is way more stable and works flawless, i only have to give up on voice control then.
    Voice control is very nice, except when the controller refuses to do what it should do.

Obviously your call, but to point out the obvious you won't get these devices working with a vibrato HCL since it's zwave not ZigBee
  • Anyone recently succesfully registered a Xiaomi Aquara cube? I received mine last week, but so far haven't been able to register it.
    I held the link button until the LED blinks 3 times, kept pressing the button, get the message that the device is being added, nothing else is reported (clusters etc.) and finally I get the message that no Zigbee device was found. Trying this at ~10 cm distance from Homey, rebooted Homey 3 times and tried again.
    Using Homey firmware 1.5.9 and with 1.5.11, Xiaomi app 0.3.
    Succesfully registered other Xiaomi devices afterwards, have Human Body sensors, both temp sensors, door sensors and wireless switches in the network. Only the cube won't register.
    Any suggestions how to debug?
    edited May 2018
    vaderag said:

Obviously your call, but to point out the obvious you won't get these devices working with a vibrato HCL since it's zwave not ZigBee
    I know, but it is by far more stable then Homey at this moment. I like to play around, but i also have a range of devices that have to work as expected. I can't have things not working due to an update or simply because i add another device. With Homey i never know for sure if its working or not.
    I had the HCL running for a month and it never missed a scene or switch moment, whatever i did in the network. Can't say that for Homey, alas. The concept is good, the stability a burden.
    In fact, i discovered i should be able to combine a HCL with a Samsung ST and have all. Z-Wave, Zigbee, connection to my HomeWizard as long as i still have kaku (433) and voice control via Google Home. Native that is, without the "tell xxx to"... 
  • toonvostoonvos Member
    I added an Innr light to Homey after connecting several Xiaomi sensors. The Innr light started to act as routers in the Zigbee network as expected and several sensors started to route through the routers instead of directly to Homey. So far as expected and as it should.  Unfortunately the sensors are not giving their status to Homey any more. 
    Is there any way to correct this?
  • Anyone recently succesfully registered a Xiaomi Aquara cube? I received mine last week, but so far haven't been able to register it.
    I held the link button until the LED blinks 3 times, kept pressing the button, get the message that the device is being added, nothing else is reported (clusters etc.) and finally I get the message that no Zigbee device was found. Trying this at ~10 cm distance from Homey, rebooted Homey 3 times and tried again.
    Using Homey firmware 1.5.9 and with 1.5.11, Xiaomi app 0.3.
    Succesfully registered other Xiaomi devices afterwards, have Human Body sensors, both temp sensors, door sensors and wireless switches in the network. Only the cube won't register.
    Any suggestions how to debug?
    @thjdeckers can you try if the instructions provided by @Eternity are resolving your issue to include the Cube?
This discussion has been closed.