This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Support Installation: From Homewizard to Homey

Waiting eagerly to receive my Homey. 

As the team still need to overcome some challenges (see software and shipment status) they are trying to get the out of the box experience as good as possible.

'Take your time guys, better a good first experience then having to live with all kinds of challenges when using it '

For me, the best option for that would be the option to upload all my homewizard data and load that into homey.

That's for 2 reasons:
1. It saves a lot of manual work ;-)
2. I have some 'Klik aan - Klik Uit' devices that are hidden behind outlets. I don't want to open these outlets but hope that I can learn Homey this directly

And another reason would be that it could be a big help for commercial success of homey, but that's more for the guys from Athom.

Any change to see the option yo upload my homewizard data to Homey?
Any change to i can use my KAKU devices behind outlets without having the open these ones by hand?

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    While we won't provide an automatic migration, Homey can learn your devices by listening to the signal transmitted. So if you pair a device within Homey, and then make your homewizard transmit the on signal, you shouldn't have to physically remove them. 
  • I am also a homewizard user.
    My opinion:

1. They won't do that, because they need help from homewizard to do that. 
    2. I think it is very easy to learn homey KAKU command's without opening your outlets, bij using the homewizard app.
  • Emile said:
    While we won't provide an automatic migration, Homey can learn your devices by listening to the signal transmitted. So if you pair a device within Homey, and then make your homewizard transmit the on signal, you shouldn't have to physically remove them. 
    That's already a great option. Thx
This discussion has been closed.