This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[App] LIFX

2»

Comments

• Well, I got authenticated using Chrome. But now the app states that no new lights are found.

This might have something to do with my accounts for the LIFX app and cloud.lifx.com beeing two different accounts? I have the same email address for both, but I needed to create an account on lifx.com before I could login, even though I have had an account for the app for years. I also used a different password there that I cannot reset (emails not getting through).

I finally had my wife at the point that she was using Homey (after failing with Domoticz en Hass.io) and now this happens. :(
  • MoekMoek Member
    edited November 2017
    Did you remove the lights in homey before authenticating?
    Your lights aren't shown because homey knows they were/are already added using the previous version of the app.
    I don't know how many off your flows will be affected by this, so maybe first delete 1 light and see if its available ;)

• That did the trick! Had to make 6 flows anew, but got it working.
  • Mecallie said:
    That did the trick! Had to make 6 flows anew, but got it working.
    Nice!
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited November 2017
    Mecallie said:
    I was using the beta Android app.
    The new mobile app is called beta for a reason, please try it in Chrome without pop-up blockers. If you only see a spinning wheel it's because the popup for authentication is blocked

Edit:
    Woot @Emile is closing issues/requests at Github, for example the Z-strip now supports zones (going to test it later ) ->  https://github.com/athombv/com.lifx/issues/7

• MoekMoek Member
    edited November 2017
    Just played around some, here's a short summary:
    Scenes are working.
    Turning a strip off and on again keeps the multi colored zones.
    But I see no separate zone controles even though the issue was closed and also dimming a strip does nothing.
    This is probably related to having to repair the strips but...
    I get this error when I click the add device button:
    {"error":"invalid_client","error_description":"Could not authenticate OAuth application."}
    Is someone else experiencing the same error?
    Then I'll report the bug.
    I prefer this being squashed before deleting all my lights one hour before sundown ;)
    Also, @emile closed the local api feature request because they find it to unstable so they are going to stick to the cloud api. <span>:cry:</span>

EDIT: I just installed the beta via the appstore instead of via CLI and the Oauth error is gone.

EDIT2: Seems like the strips need some more work.
    Changing anything in the device card has no effect (expect the off/on button).
    None of the flow cards have any effect except the "set color card" for the entire strip and "set color card" per zone.
    Speaking of zones, there are 6 zones available, devided over the length of your strip no matter how long it is.
    In each zone you can set the color/saturation but also the brightness so that's really cool because even the official lifx app can't set brightness per zone.
    Will submit the bugs tonight.
  • @Emile just fixed the two outstanding issues for the lifx strips, sweet!
  • Amy news in this? I cant get the strip to work propely .. the app takes the colour about half the time.. and when trying to set colour via a flow it only ends up in different type of reds, no matter which colour I choose.

And the zone option in a flow doesn't work either. It's like it can't connect to all the zones of the strip.. sometimes one zone changes, sometimes 2.. but never all of them
  • angrangr Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi folks,

I got two questions regarding how to use the LifX Z Strip devices in Flows. 

First one regarding the timer (Looking like a bent 'slash', underneath the watch).

This is something different to the Delay-timer (the watch in the upper right corner). 

I thought it would be used by doing whatever change you set (like Set Brightness in the above example) for the duration of the time specified, and then return to previous values but that does not seem to be the case? 

How is supposed to work or be used? 

[Edit: Found the "scenes"]

Any assistance would be appreciated! 
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited May 2018
    UPDATE: SOLVED

After a reset of the light and a re-include with LIFX cloud via the android App it came online again. No idea why it disconnected from the Lifx cloud (and my other light stayed connected), but it's working again :-)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have two LIFX lights that have been working with Homey without any issues. Now, one light is offline and won't connect, but the other one is still fine:

What I have  tried:
    - restart Homey (PTP)
    - restart the App
    - re register with Lifx account
    - added the light again (it is found in the wizard, added, and shows as offline immediately)
    - reset the light

After resetting the light I can add it again. I comes online but controlling it is not possible. After a minute or so, it shows offline again.

The Lifx app on my phone is able to control  the light, so despite it showing as offline in Homey, it actually is online!

Any ideas?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  • Eternity said:
    UPDATE: SOLVED

After a reset of the light and a re-include with LIFX cloud via the android App it came online again. No idea why it disconnected from the Lifx cloud (and my other light stayed connected), but it's working again :-)

I have two LIFX lights that have been working with Homey without any issues. Now, one light is offline and won't connect, but the other one is still fine:

What I have  tried:
    - restart Homey (PTP)
    - restart the App
    - re register with Lifx account
    - added the light again (it is found in the wizard, added, and shows as offline immediately)
    - reset the light

After resetting the light I can add it again. I comes online but controlling it is not possible. After a minute or so, it shows offline again.

The Lifx app on my phone is able to control  the light, so despite it showing as offline in Homey, it actually is online!

Any ideas?

Known issue but Athom is not really moving forward to solve it, i have proven the lights work in all cases, with all apps like lifx, Hass and from HASS into Homey so it's really Homey who is giving this problem -> https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/2259
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited May 2018
    Thanks @lubbertkramer

I was not aware of this issue. My 2 lights have worked fine for ages. Now 1 lights seems to go offline every day. I do not see the error about the 'requests', just offline icon. 
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited May 2018
    Eternity said:
    Thanks @lubbertkramer

I was not aware of this issue. My 2 lights have worked fine for ages. Now 1 lights seems to go offline every day. I do not see the error about the 'requests', just offline icon. 
    Just showing offline indeed (text is shown when I hover on it) but still manageable by the lifx app and hass when homey reports the light offline in my case
  • MoekMoek Member

I myself (almost) never have the offline icons but this morning the following happened. I've been troubleshooting all week with lifx support to find out why 2 of my strips perform so badly. I tried everything they threw at me and therefore also tried changing a lot of settings in my router. During my testing, the strips started to respond to all scene calls that I did via the lifx cloud. I thought that this was because of a successful change of a setting in my router and then wanted to test activating scenes via the homey app. I then saw that homey was offline and restarted homey. Meanwhile I was still playing with the lifx cloud but when homey came online the strips started to react badly again. And seconds after I pulled the plug from homey, the strips started to react again. To be sure I tried it again and the same thing happened. 

I added my findings to the GH issue as well.

• Thanks for this information, @Moek
  • MoekMoek Member
    Eternity said:
    Thanks for this information, @Moek
    No prob!
  • MoekMoek Member

Hi All,

This morning I downloaded the LIFX app from GitHub and changed the polling from 5000 to 20000 milliseconds which made a huge difference for me.
    My strips now respond almost every time to a scene call.
    As I mention above, I don’t have the offline icons so not sure if it will help for that.
    Maybe the time-outs/offlines occur  because every zone in a strip is polled as a single bulb?
    With my 11 meters of strips divided over 3 strips (e.g 88 zones) being polled every 5 seconds I could understand that that would put a large strain on the LIFX cloud and cause lights to not respond/disconnect.

Only downside changing the polling off course is that homey will have a max delay of 20 seconds before he finds out that you turned a light on or off with a different method then via homey.
    For me this isn’t a deal breaker (for now) and if there are more people interested I uploaded it to dropbox for you to install via CLI.

Mind you, I’m absolutely no programmer so use at your own risk!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ne2w87ug2bo8rx5/com.lifx-master_poll_20_sec.zip?dl=0

• Thanks @Moek hopefully Athom responds this time to your Git comment and merge it into the app store version for all users to use but i guess it's waiting, dead silence on Slack, forum and Github from Athom
  • MoekMoek Member
    Yes it does look like the entire Athom team is enjoying the sun this week. On the bright side, it raining pijpenstelen over here so maybe also in Enschede and @Emile finds a couple of minutes to at least change the polling for now. <span>:smile:</span>
  • StianStian Member
    Hi,
    When trying to add Lifx device I get this error:  
    Cannot GET /oauth2/%20https://cloud.lifx.com/oauth/authorize

I startet with clean Homey after factory reset, but not able to add any lifx devices.