This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

REST interface

Will Homey have a REST interface?

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Yes
  • +1
  • MichaelMichael Member
    edited February 2015
    Thanks! That's good news. As mentioned in a previous thread I would like to see the NEEO remote connected to Homey. But not only that. I really prefer to have one or more tablets or screens on the wall displaying the current status of the house and being able to control it.
    Talking to a device might solve a lot of my needs, but it's still a big step to take for a lot of persons I think :).
  • Will Homey allow us to add REST sensors? I noticed it can be surprisingly difficult to regularly poll an other REST api and keep track of one or more values returned in the response. A lot of devices have something like a REST-like interface. It would be nice to be able to add several sensors using a single REST call.
    What do you mean exactly? You can read sensors' value through Homey's API.
  • I want to read the temperature sensor on my raspberry pi ever 15 seconds and tell me the beer is cold as soon as it reaches 4C.
    Oh! This is also possible in the flow editor. The driver for the sensor will then trigger a 'temperature changed' event (which will use polling), which will run the flow. You can then compare the temperature in a logic condition block.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2015
    ok, i log my solar panels with WebSolarLog which has an REST api.
    One of the calls returns the amount of power the system generates and/or return to the grid (based on SmartMeter figures).

So in Homey i can create an Device that polls my WSL to te how much the system generates and/or return to the grid and with the FlowEditor i can create something like;

if PowerReturnedToGrid > 500 then startHeatpump() else stopHeatpump() end

And the device hold the non volatile value for later on?
    Yes, that's possible. You'd create a flow like this:

when ( PowerReturnedToGrid value has changed )
    and ( PowerReturnedToGrid value > 500 AND PowerReturnedToGrid is on)
    then turn PowerReturnedToGrid off

same for off
  • That's great and is opening news doors to automate my home based on external sources.
  • I know this is an old thread but it seems similar enough to what I want to do, so hoping someone here can help.

There is a Hive app, but it's VERY lacking - i.e only does the thermostat but they have a whole ecosystem now.
    I found that Hive have a REST API (http://www.smartofthehome.com/2016/05/hive-rest-api-v6/) so I'm hoping to be able to use this from Homey to turn on my Hive bulbs...

Is this possible? What app or method do I need to get started? 
    Thanks!
  • PieterPieter Member
    edited February 2018
    You can use HTTP request flow cards.
  • Hey @Pieter thanks for that!

I've taken a look and I'm a little bit confused. I need to post a login - so if I do that, do I need to set a timer on the second action? Or will it only run the second card on a successful completion of the first?