This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Solved

Feature request: Exclude lights from the 'all lights on/off' commands.

ErikVanDongenErikVanDongen Member
edited December 2017 in Ideas & Suggestions
Is it possible to exclude a light or device from the general build in all on/off commands? Would be great!
I don't want to switch lights on in the children bedrooms by accident or switch the lights in de garden off when i get to bed and say 'Ok Homey, switch all lights off'.
Tagged:

Comments

• Why not make a scene "good night" and configure all task that you want homey to do.

and I don't know if you have to tell homey explicit to turn ALL lights on/off to do so.
  • LuukVisscherLuukVisscher Member
    edited January 2016
    Is it possible to exclude a light or device from the general build in all on/off commands? Would be great!
    I don't want to switch lights on in the children bedrooms by accident or switch the lights in de garden off when i get to bed and say 'Ok Homey, switch all lights off'.
    That is possible already. You can say to homey "OK Homey, turn lights on in the living room". It will then only turn lights on in the living room. That works on my Homey. 
  • Can you say 'Turn on all lights except children's room'?
  • I know you can make flows and eventually create groups of lights. But the risk of an user fail in this case is high. I don't want to put a list of forbidden  words or sentences on the table for the babysitter. And keep the WAF on this in mind.
  • Fire69 said:
    Can you say 'Turn on all lights except children's room'?

That is not possible. However you can create a flow with only the lights that has to been turned on or off.
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    edited January 2016
    This is a good suggestion, I will add it to our list!
  • You're welcome  :p
    And thanks!  ;)
  • ghehe  :o
  • +1 for this idea
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited January 2016

https://trello.com/c/ujXO0xi2 although I'm not sure it the original request by @ErikvanDongen is meant or the variation that @Fire69 mentioned.
    I would prefer the method @ErikvanDongen suggested.

• Is it possible to exclude a light or device from the general build in all on/off commands? Would be great!
    That is possible already. You can say to homey "OK Homey, turn lights on in the living room". It will then only turn lights on in the living room. That works on my Homey. 
    Is not working here.
  • Emile said:
    This is a good suggestion, I will add it to our list!

Is this implemented yet? *crossing fingers*
  • yes, that has been working for quite a while already...
This discussion has been closed.