This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Weather Underground unofficial Homey app (v1.0.3)

Comments

• All those data are from Weather Underground.
    Can you check on the website of WU what kind of data you got there?
  • You can also try to set a nearby larger City
  • perhaps a station whitout a windspeedmeter.. ?
  • @RobinVanKekem
    I will check.

@WathLamers
    Good suggestion, it never occurred to me that there might be stations without wind metering...
  • Update
    I located a (different?) location near me and changed the station to that. I checked and insights for wind metering are working  B)

Small remark, when changing the station it turned out that both location fields have to be filled in. If only the 1st filled, the station was found. But checking after saving, there was always a check-mark at use homey settings. Filling in both fields did the trick.
  • I really like this app, there are many flows where I can use these variables.

I found something that looks like a small bug to me.

I have tried several weather stations near me. Via Internet I can see the different wind directions, they do vary.
    Strangely the homey app variable windrichting keeps reporting "Noord". It is and stays Noord all the time.

Could it be that this variable is not picked up and transferred correctly?
  • RuudvB said:
    I really like this app, there are many flows where I can use these variables.

I found something that looks like a small bug to me.

I have tried several weather stations near me. Via Internet I can see the different wind directions, they do vary.
    Strangely the homey app variable windrichting keeps reporting "Noord". It is and stays Noord all the time.

Could it be that this variable is not picked up and transferred correctly?
    I'll have to drive into the code again to be sure but I'm fairly positive that I just parse the data I'm receiving one on one.
    Could you provide me with the location details so I could check through PM?
  • @RobinVanKekem
    Ik heb je een PM gestuurd.
  • Thanks, I'll look into it.
  • I've added my station ID, but doing a test I can see the temperature for example isn't from my station ID?
  • rtnartna Member
    @MarkSwift: In what format did you enter your station ID?
  • Like 'IGUISBOR3'?
  • MarkSwiftMarkSwift Member
    edited April 2017
    Argh, seems I needed to prefix it with 'pws:'

Edit: Works on test, but after saving it, it returns to using Homey's location. If I also enter the city it does save but then the readings appear to be not from my station :(

Edit 2: Seems I can work around it by using 'pws:IGUISBOR3' in both station ID and city?!
  • rtnartna Member
    The prefix pws: is needed but in my setup the app chooses the nearest city anyway and not my personal weather station.
  • Did you try my suggestion and add your station to both fields?
  • Thanks MarkSwift. Your suggestion did the trick
  • Any way to check the amount of rain today?

Goal: To enable the garden spraying system (or not) based on the amount of rain today.
    I don't see this option currently. Would be awesome.
  • sossienl said:
    Any way to check the amount of rain today?

Goal: To enable the garden spraying system (or not) based on the amount of rain today.
    I don't see this option currently. Would be awesome.
    Never mind. For this value I use JSON Path Better Logic from HTTP Request Flowcards
  • There are two rain global tags.
    One for rain this hour and one for rain today
  • keverjeroenkeverjeroen Member
    edited October 2017

I found out that a flow, telling me some things about the weather was missing tags. After investigating, it looks like the Weather Underground app had global tags previously, but they are disappeared for me. I do see the information from the app in the Insights.

Is this a known problem with the app?

• Not that I'm aware of.
  • Never mind, after a reboot of Homey and waiting a couple of minutes, the global tags are back..  :o
  • Once the app receives valid data it registers the global tokens.
    So it could take a while for them appear after a reboot or fresh install of the app.
  • The app is running for months and Homey wasn't rebooted for a long time. And the insights was up to date... So that can't be the problem.. 
  • I am having a problem with my app. When I test it in settings it displays the temperature.

If I trigger in the flow the "Read forecast for Today" it says weather data not available.

Any ideas how to fix this.
  • When testing the app tries to get data in real time.
    When saved it will will for whatever minutes you have set it to until the first refresh.
  • When testing the app tries to get data in real time.
    When saved it will will for whatever minutes you have set it to until the first refresh.
    Would it be possible to get tomorrows temps?

So that i could start preheating the house if there is a coldsnap tomorrow for example
  • App has been updated to 1.0.3

• Version 1.0.3
    • Add weather alert (Thanks to woudt!)
    • Version 1.0.2
    • Add mobile card
    • Version 1.0.1  * Add abbreviations to speech (thanks to J. Haanstra)
  • Archdemon said:
    When testing the app tries to get data in real time.
    Would it be possible to get tomorrows temps?

So that i could start preheating the house if there is a coldsnap tomorrow for example
    I'm currently rebuilding the app for the new Homey SDK in which I plan to add support for this
  • While I'm working updating the app and while I do  this I'd to add support for forecasts.
    However I'm not sure on how to implement.

Weather Underground has two different kind of forecasts:
    • 36 hours ahead (every hour)
    • 10 days
    Any suggestions?