This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Weather Underground unofficial Homey app (v1.0.3)

Comments

• There is no sunrise in my Weather Underground app?
    my bad ; it's the sunrise app :-(

• A feature request from me :smile: 

Would love to have an insight graph that shows the day temp and the night temp. (like saving the temperature around 13:00 for that day and 01:00 for the night) So you get a more clear view of how the temps where doing last month (without it dropping in the night/climbing during day)

• swttt said:
    A feature request from me :smile: 

Would love to have an insight graph that shows the day temp and the night temp. (like saving the temperature around 13:00 for that day and 01:00 for the night) So you get a more clear view of how the temps where doing last month (without it dropping in the night/climbing during day)

I see.
    Could you please create a issue for this?
    https://github.com/Inversion-NL/nl.inversion.wunderground/issues
  • @RobinVanKekem ;
    Done :smile: I just love such stats, not usefull but fun to look back at.

• swttt said:
    @RobinVanKekem ;
    Done :smile: I just love such stats, not usefull but fun to look back at.

Have been thinking about it the whole day but for the life of me I can't think of a reason to as to why you'd like to know that?
     :) 
  • @RobinVanKekem Well, comparison :smile: 
    You can check the warmest day in september or the coldest night etc. See how september this year did and check that vs september last year. It all is already possible, but the graph is less readable since it combines day and night in 1 graph. 
  • Would it be possible to safe the prefered data via a Timed (at 13:00...) Flow, as a BL-variable? That way the data is stored, and you can view that in Insights?

• @ThijsDeJong Does better logic create flows based on variable changes? :smile: 
    If so, than thats the solution! :smiley: 
    Going to check later..
  • @swtt

BL is able to save variables. You could create a flow using BL " If variable X changes... than..."

Good luck and let us know. How awkward  your request is, it is open to a solution.

• Is there a way to know what the lowest temperature will be the upcoming night, and what the highest temperature will be the next day?
  • Phuturist said:

Anyway, is there a way to disable the new built in voice triggers. I have custom flows that use HTTP requests to wunderground to retrieve the weather forecast of today or tomorrow and it's triggered by the same key words (weather and today or tomorrow) as the wunderground app. But my current custom flows are better as I have an app that parses some of the abbreviations that wunderground uses in it's forecasts like C and km/h to actual words like celcius and kilometers per hour.

Even better would perhaps be to integrate this functionality into the wunderground app and parse the results from wunderground so it replaces the abbreviations. The app I'm now using was created on my request by @ErikVanDongen ;and can be found here: https://github.com/irritanterik/homey-parse-speech

Any change on either a setting to disable the built in voice triggers or to integrate functionality that parses the abbreviations to actual words.

Robin, are you still planning to implement this speech parser? I'm still stuck with Homey saying the weather twice when asking how the weather is going to be (one built in with abbreviations and one flow with parsed abbreviations to full words). I'm thinking of creating a fork of your app where I remove the built in triggers myself and just want to know if it's worth it or if I should keep my patience just a little longer. :+1: 
  • I'm really busy lately so it ain't going to be soon
  • Is there a way to know what the lowest temperature will be the upcoming night, and what the highest temperature will be the next day?
    bump :-)
    bump :-)
    No, not yet
  • Version 0.3.0
    • Abbreviations in speech will be converted to full text (Thanks to Erik van Dongen for the source code!)
    • Start using Sentry for debugging
    • More readable error output to error trigger card
    • Send error to notification center
    • Add option in app settings to disable error notifications
    • Add logging to Sentry
    • Fixed bug where units wasn't set to automatic by default
    • Fixed bug where the 'use Homey's location' checkbox wasn't saved
    • Fixed bug: https://github.com/Inversion-NL/nl.inversion.wunderground/issues/21

Anyone willing to try the beta version?
  • i will install it 
  • I will install it tonight
  • Just installed it. Here are my first findings.

There is a small error with the abbreviations parser when Homey is set to dutch language. On line 1556 of app.js it says NL in uppercase but this needs to be nl in lower case.

I installed it over the app store version. This resulted in 7 errors in the notification center everytime I asked Homey something about the weather. The error is "Error creating insights entry: {"message":"log_disabled"}". I tried toggling the setting for sending errors to notification center but this did not make a difference. Completely disabling this setting of course prevents these errors from showing.

Other than that everything seems normal but I mainly only use it to ask Homey for the weather so I'm not a power user.

• JanHJanH Member
    edited December 2016
    the Wunderground app is working fine! Now I'm trying to make a flow that gives a (voice-)warning when the temperature is changing into a value under zero degr. C. Problems happening with that! When I test the flow some pre-installed values pop up in the test window. The voice is then telling me that temp. (5 dgr.) instead of the real temp. which is now, according to the same WU-app, +0.6 dgr. If I wipe off that pre-defined 5 dgr. Homey is just telling me what I want, but without any temp. It's like in the screenshot.
    Who could please tell me what the solution could be. I'm on Homey 1.1.2 and WU app 0.2.6

• It only does this when pressing the test-button I presume? With a real trigger, what happens then?
    BTW: this flow will trigger really a lot of times, with every temperature-change of 0.1 degrees...
  • @BasVanDenBosch tnx for quick response. Yes, I realize that Homey should not repeat this message on and on. I am still thinking about a second flow to stop this one after the first (or maybe second) announcement. For me it's just for receiving  a one time warning when the temp. is falling below zero. The background reason for this idea is something in my garden.
    I will try the flow without using the flow test feature on forehand. But anyhow, I never have seen such a testwindow with pre-printed values before. Did you?
    I will make a report after some extra testing.
  • Before thursday I didn't either, new in 1.1.x :) But the behaviour didn't change though... Maybe you could better use a trigger which check the temperature every 15 minutes? Or every minute?
  • JanHJanH Member
    edited January 2017
    @BasVanDenBosch After a lot of attempts with different settings the flow is still not working. I'm afraid that the testwindow gives a more generic problem so I posted a question at the general issues category. Tnx so far anyhow.
  • It only does this when pressing the test-button I presume? With a real trigger, what happens then?
    BTW: this flow will trigger really a lot of times, with every temperature-change of 0.1 degrees...
    Are you sure it's every 0.1°?
    Because, if my memory isn't failing on me, I only trigger when the difference is 1° or more.
  • Yup, every degree difference.
  • I like to ask if there are some troubles whit the app?
    Because,  when i ask   wat is het weer voor vandaag   i get the right answer, but in my flows i cannot get the right response like temperatuur, luchtvochtigheid
    I reinstalled the app but still the same.     (btw  i have a own account made at wunderground)
    Anybody have a clue if i am doing somting wrong?    v0.2.6

• don't think you'r doing something wrong , it looks that i have the same issues. it won't trigger
  • WathLamersWathLamers Member
    edited January 2017
    glijie said:
    don't think you'r doing something wrong , it looks that i have the same issues. it won't trigger
    i checked the incomming gegeven  in the app, and they are tere. even as the test log works.
    just the cards do not trigger...
    i get no response from @RobinVanKekem
    probbely he is on vacation or sick.
    edit,  of hij moet gewoon eens werken ipv hobbyen   ;)
  • Yes, very busy at the moment.
    I have to check triggering since Athom changed something.
  • Yes, very busy at the moment.
    I have to check triggering since Athom changed something.
    thought something like that.
    at least i know now it is not that i did something wrong.
    hope you have time soon.   thanks in advance.
    great app