This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official CommunityApp SDK2

[APP] Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home.

Comments

• rickp said:
    Thats great! will add it as soon as the update comes through!

I'm rebuilding my alarm at the moment. I noticed the following recently; 

When i use a trigger delay of eg. 20 and the alarm is triggerd the countdown starts. If i start to panic and use the "schakel uit" button homey says "alarm gedeactiveerd" but the countdown doesn't stop. Eventually the alarm (and siren) goes off but then the "schakel uit" button becomes broken. The only way to reset the alarm is to manual put surveillance in gedeactiveerd and then again in geactiveerd. Then i have to trigger it again, then stop the countdown by putting surveillance mode back to deactivated and only then does the alarm alarm icon stops flashing and the button becomes usefull again on the next cycle. 

Or, in short, if you push the alarm off button before the alarm actually is fully triggerd you have to do a full cycle to get everything aligned again. 

I know that you are supposed to put it on gedeactiveerd to stop the alarm from going, but the wife didn't and pushed the button instead. This was a slight dent in the WAF. 

Confirmed, it is indeed possible to use the Alarm Off button while a countdown to an alarm is active but the actual alarm state is not activated. I've changed it so the Alarm Off button will only be usable when the alarm state is activated and not during countdown.
    Being able to use the Alarm Off button during countdown and changing the Surveillance Mode could lead to undesired side effects with some integrations I'm working on, until I'm sure these side effects can be prevented I will leave it like this.
  • rickp said:

Also, when the delayed trigger starts and it triggers a flow, a second trigger will restart the already triggerd flows. I would be better of with just 1 activation, en then only again after pushing the "off" button or disarming completely.

21-02-2018
    18:16:43.376
    Geactiveerd
    Heimdall
    Alarm activatie is uitgesteld: 22 seconden.
    21-02-2018
    18:16:43.376
    Geactiveerd
    Heimdall
    keuken sensor motion activeerde Alarm.
    21-02-2018
    18:16:39.865
    Geactiveerd
    Heimdall
    Alarm is geactiveerd. Bewegingssensor (Z-Wave Plus): Beweging gedetecteerd
    21-02-2018
    18:16:33.289
    Geactiveerd
    Heimdall
    keuken sensor: Beweging gedetecteerd, no alarm trigger due to running delay countdown
    21-02-2018
    18:16:18.383
    Geactiveerd
    Heimdall
    Alarm activatie is uitgesteld: 22 seconden.
    21-02-2018
    18:16:18.383
    Geactiveerd
    Heimdall
    Bewegingssensor (Z-Wave Plus) motion activeerde Alarm.
    21-02-2018
    18:16:11.785
    Geactiveerd
    Mode Switch
    Toezicht mode is geactiveerd.
    This should not happen, as you can see int the log at 18:16:33.289:

keuken sensor: Beweging gedetecteerd, no alarm trigger due to running delay countdown

It registers when there is a active countdown timer, I'd like to know what flows you have and which get triggered, can you please post screenshots of those flows?
  • What seems to happen is that if the countdown is finished the systems is availble for triggers again. If you look further up the log you'll see at 18:16:43 a second countdown starts. This is only after the first countdown is finished. FYI the first countdown last 22 seconds so that all add's up beautifully. note the alarm isn't put off or deactivated in the meanwhile, just left as is. 

I noticed this since i use philips hue lights to visualise the countdown and for testing purposes at the moment it also shouts  certain seconds. Just before the countdown finishes all lights go to full power bright white to put anyone in a spotlight. However, after this final stage (flow alarm 7, 3 secs remaining) nothing should happen anymore. In reality, if i move and trigger another motion sensor (18:16:43) the light start again with flow 1 and homey starts to shout seconds again, thus the heimdall countdown is reset and running another time. 

I don't know the inner workings but if possible it might be cleaner to make it unavaible for new triggers until the alarm off button is pushed. So you can kill the alarm when in doubt of false alarm but it will retrigger when there is really something but not during an already active alarm. 

• @rickp

I've put your log in a table to make it readable:

Line 1 is not relevant for your question.
    Line 2 is the first tripped sensor
    Line 3 is starting the countdown towards the alarm state because of line 2
    Line 4 is the first time the keuken sensor is tripped but this one is cancelled because the countdown timer is active
    Line 5 is where the Alarm State is activated (after the 22 second countdown that started on line 3)
    Line 6 is the seconde time the keuken sensor is tripped
    Line 7 is the start of a new countdown due to line 6

If I understand you correctly you are referring to line 6/7, you wouldn't want a new countdown started due to the fact the alarm state is already active.
    log.png 33.6K
  • @rickp

Line 4 is the first time the keuken sensor is tripped but this one is cancelled because the countdown timer is active
    Line 5 is where the Alarm State is activated (after the 22 second countdown that started on line 3)

If I understand you correctly you are referring to line 6/7, you wouldn't want a new countdown started due to the fact the alarm state is already active.
    Correct
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited February 2018
    Ok, valid point, I'll look into it.
    I've created an issue for it on github: https://github.com/daneedk/com.uc.heimdall/issues/13
  • hi, @DaneeDeKruyff, after adding some sensors to the alarm 'settings' page, im wondering if its possible to add also regular z-wave switches as a security device.

At the moment i've at some points in my house movement sensors (regular onces with a black 230v trigger wire) connected to a Qubino dimmer Port L1. This Qubino (when turn on) trigger a flow, like set brightness 50% (during night hours). My question is, it would be great to add this Qubino and regular movementsensor setup in the Heimdall settings, to check them as well during "volledig toezicht".

Please let me know if there is any way to fix this.
  • No this is not possible. At this time I only support the alarm_motion and alarm_contact capabilities in Homey.
    If someone would create a virtual device that has the alarm_motion capability and you would be able to trigger it from a flow it would be possible.
    edited February 2018
    New version is published:

Version 1.0.2 β

• Added pre-arming check

This version adds the pre-arm check. When you set the Surveillance Mode to Armed or Partially Armed Heimdall will check the sensors selected for that mode and will inform you if any of those sensors is not in the desired state.
    You can select if which sensor type you want to be checked:

When a sensor is not in the desired state it will be logged to the history:

At the same time the  flowcard Sensor active at arming will be triggered with the token Warning containing the text "Warning, sensor active...."

If you also like to let Homey tell you what sensor active you can select the desired options on the speech page:

Let Homey tell you when:
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited February 2018
    @DaneeDeKruyff any news on the integration with the pincode wich was discussed in this topic and here
    edited February 2018
    @lubbertkramer Yes, that's under construction. We've discussed on how it will be build and are working on getting it all together and prepare it for a test in a controlled test group. I can't really give an ETA on that, the hardest thing we're facing right now is getting spare time in our schedules aligned to get some work done.

Here's a little teaser:

• @lubbertkramer Yes, that's under construction. We've discussed on how it will be build and are working on getting it all together and prepare it for a test in a controlled test group. I can't really give an ETA on that, the hardest thing we're facing right now is getting spare time in our schedules aligned to get some work done.

Here's a little teaser:

Great to know, already saw a teaser @ Homeydash wich also will work with it! Good job all!
  • rickp said:
    @rickp

Correct
    This is fixed in 1.0.3, just submitted for approval.

log2.png 103.2K
  • Thats great! Thanks!
  • Due to a problem in the app store the app is currently unavailable, I've informed Athom about this.
  • Hello @DaneeDeKruyff ,

The app is available again but gives a invalid_checksum object object error when trying to install, asked athom but they tell me its an app/developer problem.. 

Could you investigate this?

Thanks,

Brgrds,

Merijn

• @meyo084 I've just tried installing version 1.0.2 and got the same error while this version was working earlier.
    Version 1.0.3 was approved and waiting to be published so I published this one and promoted it to stable and I'm able to install that one without any problems.

Can you please try to install the app again and report back?

Thanks.
    edited February 2018
    New version published:

Version 1.0.3

From this version on triggering of a sensor while the Alarm state is active will only result in writing that to the log:

• @DaneeDeKruyff

It works Great! thanks for the quick response!

• @DaneeDeKruyff

Is there any way to make a flow on "Alaram activated", but only on full alarm?

So when Partial mode is on the flow does not run, but when full alarm then the flow runs?
  • Put surveillance = "fully activated" in the second column?

If "alarm activated" and "alarm is fully armed" then x
    edited February 2018
    @deedje If the 'The alarm is activated' card is triggered on a sensor while you're in the Surveillance Mode Partially Armed when you don’t want that, I suggest you remove the Partial monitor for that particular sensor.

The intended use of the 2 (armed) Surveillance Modes is to set a Full monitor on all (or most) sensors and use the Surveillance Mode Armed when the house is empty.
    Set Partial to the sensors on the ground level and you can set the Surveillance Mode to Partially Armed when you go asleep on the 1st floor.
    You can off course use Heimdall in a different way, but not using it in its intended way is kinda unsupported and may lead to undesired results.
  • Hi guys,

Very nice app, exactly, what I was looking for. Unfortunately when using Philio sensors including motion + contact detection, Heimdall uses motion as contact sensor - it seems like "mixed up". Is there any way to reconfigure this correctly? Some more explanation: if I "open" the contact sensor, the log in Heimdall shows that motion has been detected. This is misleading as I want the contact sensor to be used for alarming purposes... Can you please help or add the configuration capability to select which sensor on which device is used for what? Thanks so much and again: Well done!

It seems like that Heimdall has issues with sensors from Philio having four sensors included (motion, contact, humidity, lux).

Hope somebody knows how to fix this, as I don´t see any options in Heimdall itself to change which sensor state triggers the alarm.

Best regards,
    db
  • @dreamerbb I may have an idea what’s causing this, I’ll look into it. Could you please post the type/model number of the sensor? 
  • Is there any way to have the countdown on full set, but not on partial?
    I'd like to set partial overnight but with the kids asleep I can't have Homey counting down audibly (and in fact would like it instant on in that situation)

Thanks!
  • @vaderag Not in the current 1.0.3 but I've just submitted 1.0.4 for approval where you can select the delay per Surveillance Mode:

• @vaderag Not in the current 1.0.3 but I've just submitted 1.0.4 for approval where you can select the delay per Surveillance Mode:

Awesome stuff! Thanks!!
  • Willows said:
    Is there a keypad which will communicate with Homey? I am assuming that the alarm is turned off by a button on the smartphone, which is fine untill you go out and leave the phone at home.......
    I'm using a simple RFID Keypad in combination with a Fibaro Universal binary sensor. The sensor is comunicating with homey and that works fine for me. You can turn the alarm on by pushinh the alarm button on the keypad and turning it off by entering your code or holding a tag befor the keypad.
  • First of all great work in making this app. I'm a newbe at homey, but this one is getting my working done easier.
    I do have a question about my Philio 4 in 1 sensor (D-B-T-L). I use this on the front door and wanted it to trigger the delay status if the door is opened AND if a motion is detected. It only seems to do this when the door is opened which is great when you are away and the Surveilance Mode is Activated. But when I come done in the morning and the Surveilance Mode is partially Activated I want it also to trigger me to turn of the alarm.
    Am I doing something wrong here?
  • Lodewijk said:
    Willows said:
    Is there a keypad which will communicate with Homey? I am assuming that the alarm is turned off by a button on the smartphone, which is fine untill you go out and leave the phone at home.......
    I'm using a simple RFID Keypad in combination with a Fibaro Universal binary sensor. The sensor is comunicating with homey and that works fine for me. You can turn the alarm on by pushinh the alarm button on the keypad and turning it off by entering your code or holding a tag befor the keypad.
    @Willows I'm using a Fibaro Key fob which I've set a 5 digit sequence and hangs by the door.
    Maybe not as secure as a 9 digit keypad but still hard enough to make a decent security system.
    I also have a backup of NFC keyfob pressed to Homey just in case
This discussion has been closed.