This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official CommunityApp SDK2

[APP] Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home.

Comments

• @TonD83 Great, glad you were able to solve it. Please inform me if it does happen again.

• @2Be
    You can use the Virtual devices app for this. I made 2 Alarm flows (Defcon 1 & 2) with Heimdall, every Alarm state has 3 flows:
    - alarm is activated, is armed, start flow alarm-1
    - alarm-1, then xyz commands for Defcon 1
    - alarm is deactivated, mode is armed, alarm off command Defcon 1
    This also for Defcon 2.

Then made a virtual switch with alarm icon, when pressed/changed and is turned on, enable the 3 flows from defcon 1 and activate the flows from defcon 1. And when pressed and off, the opposite.
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited February 2018
    New version is approved and published:

Version 0.1.9

• Added saving Auto refresh and Use colors settings on Dashboard tab in settings
    • Code cleanup, preparing for release

@rockhoppers
    @2Be Changes for this version are added to the app store page, unfortunately the app store does not render the text as it should.

• All appears to be working.
    Noticed alarm trips quicker now i have installed RC11, good news.
    Andrew
  • "Clear History" button appears to have no effect on my system

Could a function be added that clears out any history over say 500 lines (or a user defined value) to prevent the history log becoming to big.

The "Papertrails" app does this by clearing out last 20% when logs reach 1000 lines.

Andrew
  • Update...... the "clear history" button does work, but not while i am looking at the app page !
    Navigate away to another app then come back and the log is cleared.

If the "auto refresh" box is not checked, and you navigate to the app page, the "refresh" button does not show unless you, check the "auto refresh" box then uncheck it again.
  • Could a function be added that clears out any history over say 500 lines (or a user defined value) to prevent the history log becoming to big.

The "Papertrails" app does this by clearing out last 20% when logs reach 1000 lines.

Andrew
    I'm already working on this, it will probably work like the way it works in Papertrails but I'm also looking into the possibility to just delete lines that are at least 5 days old and logged while disarmed. This is currently on hold though because I want to build a huge history to see at what point it will put stress on Homey as earlier reported by @Fire69
    here 
    edited February 2018
    Update...... the "clear history" button does work, but not while i am looking at the app page !
    Navigate away to another app then come back and the log is cleared.

If the "auto refresh" box is not checked, and you navigate to the app page, the "refresh" button does not show unless you, check the "auto refresh" box then uncheck it again.
    Not seeing the log get cleared is related to the change in the Auto refresh, I've fixed that in the code but can not test that actually as I want to build a huge history (see previous post)

Not showing manual refresh button: Confirmed and fixed, on page load only the checkbox was set from the saved settings, the visibility of the manual refresh button was not evaluated and set, now it is.

Added this to the issue on Github: https://github.com/daneedk/com.uc.heimdall/issues/10
  • For the people that are on 1.5.6-rc.11; Please be aware that the lines that are logged to the history will show the system time (GMT/Zulu) and not the localised time as it was on older builds. This will be fixed in rc.13

https://github.com/daneedk/com.uc.heimdall/issues/11
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/2226
  • Confirmed, indeed solved
  • New version is published:

Version 0.1.10

@rockhoppers
  • Great app, would it be possible to add Nest Away detection as a motion-like sensor? Currently if Nest detects you are home, it changes the Away status off. 

That way you could also detect is someone is present. 

Would be be a nice addition!
  • New version is published:

Version 0.1.11

• Automatic history cleanup, 20% at 3000 lines
  • Deba said:
    Great app, would it be possible to add Nest Away detection as a motion-like sensor? Currently if Nest detects you are home, it changes the Away status off. 

I will not add support for specific devices, that's where the apps for those devices come in. And also, Heimdall listens to capabilities in Homey like alarm_motion and alarm_contact. If I understand you correctly you want to use a presence capability as an alarm_motion capability, don't think that's a wise idea.
  • Deba said:
    Great app, would it be possible to add Nest Away detection as a motion-like sensor? Currently if Nest detects you are home, it changes the Away status off. 

I solved this with a flow (based on the homey presence detection)

everyone away = surveillance active
     Someone home = surveillance inactive
    house in sleep mode (Boolean variable in better logic) = surveillance partially active

• I'm looking for a device that can making a beeping sound to inform someone entering the alarm is enabled and should be turned off. 

I have a neo coolcam sirene set to doorbell. But that just sounds once when entered. 

Any suggestions?
  • Would it be able to get Blink Cameras into this?
    So i can Arm/Disarm the Blink network?
    edited February 2018
    quakerix said:
    I'm looking for a device that can making a beeping sound to inform someone entering the alarm is enabled and should be turned off. 

I have a neo coolcam sirene set to doorbell. But that just sounds once when entered. 

Any suggestions?
    For that purpose I've added this trigger card, it triggers every second while the countdown to the alarm is active.

• deedje said:
    Would it be able to get Blink Cameras into this?
    So i can Arm/Disarm the Blink network?
    I have no Blink cameras but I can tell you that:
    - If a Blink camera has the alarm_motion capability it can be used as a trigger.
    - I will not include support for specific devices in the Heimdall app. If there is an Action card (from the Blink app) to Arm/Disarm the Blink network you can use any of the Heimdall trigger cards to create a flow to Arm/Disarm the Blink network when a Heimdall Surveillance Mode is set.
  • Yes , you can arm and disarm them by flow i use this setup and works perfect
  • quakerix said:
    I'm looking for a device that can making a beeping sound to inform someone entering the alarm is enabled and should be turned off. 

Any suggestions?
    For that purpose I've added this trigger card, it triggers every second while the countdown to the alarm is active.

Thanks
    edited February 2018
    Heimdall has left Beta; new version is just published.

Version 1.0.0

• No functional changes, previous beta promoted to stable

Just a little code cleanup, functional it's the same as version 0.1.11 Beta.
  • Say it is not compatible with previous version so are app settings will be reset.
    Does this mean i will loose my flows and settings ?

Andrew
  • I've just installed from the app store, was running an unpublished beta version which was installed using developers tools and I didn't get such a dialog and all settings and flows are still Ok.

I'm not sure why you get that dialog, perhaps it's because homey let's you switch from Beta to Stable channel.

The 1.0.0 code is the same as 0.1.11 so I see no reason why the app settings would be reset other than Athom programmed it to do so.
  • No problem to upgrade here
  • Just got it confirmed, it's a bit of an odd situation, when you want to upgrade from a beta to a newly published stable it is said you loose your settings, although I can't confirm you will. When a beta is promoted to stable you will not loose your settings so I will submit a new beta version and promote that one to stable. Not sure how long it will take but if you don't want to take the risk of possibly loosing settings please wait for the next version.
    Sorry for the inconvenience
  • Auto update did not remove any settings here ! However it is still listed as beta in the apps list!

• New version (just an incremented version number) is submitted and approved.
    edited February 2018
    New version with pre-arming check has been submitted to the app store:

Options to enable the pre-arming check per sensor type

Speech options
    Let Homey tell you when:

Flowcard

When a sensor is active at arming it will also be logged to the history

The text 'Warning, sensor active....' is the same text that will be spoken when selected and available in the token on the flow cars.

• rickprickp Member
    edited February 2018
    Thats great! will add it as soon as the update comes through!

I'm rebuilding my alarm at the moment. I noticed the following recently; 

When i use a trigger delay of eg. 20 and the alarm is triggerd the countdown starts. If i start to panic and use the "schakel uit" button homey says "alarm gedeactiveerd" but the countdown doesn't stop. Eventually the alarm (and siren) goes off but then the "schakel uit" button becomes broken. The only way to reset the alarm is to manual put surveillance in gedeactiveerd and then again in geactiveerd. Then i have to trigger it again, then stop the countdown by putting surveillance mode back to deactivated and only then does the alarm alarm icon stops flashing and the button becomes usefull again on the next cycle. 

Or, in short, if you push the alarm off button before the alarm actually is fully triggerd you have to do a full cycle to get everything aligned again. 

I know that you are supposed to put it on gedeactiveerd to stop the alarm from going, but the wife didn't and pushed the button instead. This was a slight dent in the WAF. 

Also, when the delayed trigger starts and it triggers a flow, a second trigger will restart the already triggerd flows. I would be better of with just 1 activation, en then only again after pushing the "off" button or disarming completely.

21-02-2018
    18:16:43.376
    Geactiveerd
    Heimdall
    Alarm activatie is uitgesteld: 22 seconden.
    21-02-2018
    18:16:43.376
    Geactiveerd
    Heimdall
    keuken sensor motion activeerde Alarm.
    21-02-2018
    18:16:39.865
    Geactiveerd
    Heimdall
    Alarm is geactiveerd. Bewegingssensor (Z-Wave Plus): Beweging gedetecteerd
    21-02-2018
    18:16:33.289
    Geactiveerd
    Heimdall
    keuken sensor: Beweging gedetecteerd, no alarm trigger due to running delay countdown
    21-02-2018
    18:16:18.383
    Geactiveerd
    Heimdall
    Alarm activatie is uitgesteld: 22 seconden.
    21-02-2018
    18:16:18.383
    Geactiveerd
    Heimdall
    Bewegingssensor (Z-Wave Plus) motion activeerde Alarm.
    21-02-2018
    18:16:11.785
    Geactiveerd
    Mode Switch
    Toezicht mode is geactiveerd.
This discussion has been closed.